Nathan Fillion for Springer (TF: Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SmokescreenWRX, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It would be shiny.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because bad voice actors make a show bad! A good part of character is voice acting, and a good part of a show is character, therefore, it'll make the show even worse.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, Adam Baldwin is a great VA. He's done lots of stuff.

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im all for more Firefly people being in TFP. It would just make it even more awesome than it already is. Plus the actors already have a chemistry built with each other, so that will do wonders for the show.

5. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Alot of people do lots of stuff. Doesn't mean they don't suck. His Breakdown voice is just damned boring, no emotion other than BAD GUY CHUCKLE

6. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really don't like using the default emoticons here but...
    :throw 

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    You can throw all the rocks you want, that will only make my hate stronger because I'll subconciousclyment associate pain with those voices!

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about we don't have Springer in Transformers Prime at all? Prime is perfectly capable of making their own characters. See Knockout, Breakdown, and Airacnid.

9. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I wouldn't mind him as a decepticon pirate, maybe a rogue/individual eradicon?

I'd like it if there was interaction between Breakdown, Knockout, Airachnid (if she survives arcee's wrath) and him

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    They need to flesh out his character a bit. I just hope in the near future,we get Breakdown solo since his partner steals the scenes he's with.

These guys are professional actors. You know almost all the Firefly actors have been casted in DCAU.

You better not insult Fillion or even Summer Glau. If you insullt Summer Glau, watch your back.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea they got the rock, it was only for five seconds but they got the rock! they can get bruce campbell then! lol come on hasbro bruce!

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's often what I'd tell people who hadn't seen Firefly, that it was kind of like if Star wars had been about Solo's adventures instead of Luke's story.

Well that's your openion. But nobody is going to agree with you.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Of course nobody will. Everybody in this forum seems to have a "no negative opinionz" policy.

14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with these forums. I'm sure you'll find it difficult to find forums that agree with an anit-Fillion opinion anywhere. He's a fairly well liked actor.

And as for the overall "no negative opinions" policy of the forums... I would say that is probably somewhat accurate. Mostly because this show is objectively a fairly promising show. And when I say objectively, i mean relative to most transformers show, it's hard to argue the dialogue is very well done, the animation is nice etc. The show does have it's issues, but the majority of "negative opinions" are a little premature, and highly comparable to "trukk not munky" arguments that are based on not giving the show enough of a chance.

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Is he? I don't realy know who Nathan is, I pretty much said this to see if the GRRR NEGATIVE crowd would attack and there they are, good to see they didn't disappoint.

And I don't know man, 11 episodes looks like a pretty good time to form an opinion on what is good and what is not, and I think that everybody should be encouraged to be as loud as possible about waht they dislike in Prime, because we KNOW the writers are reading forums like ours to see opinions and it's not by attack any nay-sayer possibly that we'll help 'em craft the next season.

16. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Nathan Fillion is the main actor in Firefly, a brilliant sci-fi TV show that I have yet to find someone who didn't like. The show is a lot of fun and I strongly encourage you to watch it.

And I wouldn't exactly call it 11 episodes. For all intents and purposes, the first 5 were essentially one episode. So we've only had 6 episodes since then. Also, you have to remember that there are 24 episodes in the season. Because of this, it is going to be really hard to figure out what the writer's "grand vision" is, since we haven't even gone half way through. For all we know if we were to say nothing at all, we could be blown completely away by the time the season is done. Since this show IS showing promise, I say we have fun with speculation, but leave our complaints to the end of the season. Once it's over, if they didn't realize the full potential of the show, then we complain for a better season 2.

P.S. So you are essentially trolling?

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    But the season kind of ends.... late july at the earliest.

And they already started production on Season 2, what if ends up being too late for a good chunk of it?

Even if our complaints might end up being solved by the end of it we can't be sure, and we WIN more by.... whining than by staying silent.

18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

You win at life by staying silent :) 

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You threw rocks at a lot beehives as a kid, didn't you?

Actually, whenever I hear people who work in the entertainment industry talk about reading internet feedback, they always tend to say they ignore or laugh off the more openly negative comments.
    If they are looking for criticism, it's usually the intelligent criticism. Which I know, on the internet is usually few and far between. But still, that's what they look for.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    1. I doubt we really have much of a say to TV writers.
    You think that Marty Isenberg listened to us when it came to writing episodes of Animated. Nope. He decided what works and doesn't with his own writing team. Same applies here as well.

2. Please do some research before you do any argument or instigate folks here like finding out who Fillion is and what he has done and see why many praise him.