Nascar Trio Possibly dinobots ? (speculation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jul 26, 2010.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Does anyone remember discussions on these boards with Roberto Orci about the Dinobot characters?

Does anyone remeber Roberto really liking the idea of the Dinobots being muscle cars that are vintage but bad ass?

Thinking about the fact they are possibly autobots and look extremely unhidden and aggressive what if this in fact the representation Movie style of Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge? Given that Roberto didnt write on Part 3 ideas and key elements would have possibly been handed off.

Just thought I would throw that out there now it seems more likely since they are confirmed not stunticons. If the dinobots were in the movie verse somehow I find the nascar trio almost fitting.

2. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Not a bad idea, Vekt. I guess we'll see.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Lets wait unti la a trailer shwso up Or when Picso f the Boxes of theri toys shwos up

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Say what about Picasso?

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Pics Of

6. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that'd be a pretty contrived way of introducing the Dinobots though. I mean in what way would they actually be Dinobots?

I still think whatever they are they'll just be three Transformers who work together in a group but don't necessarilly get referred to in the movie as a subfaction, they've not worried about it so far; construction vehicles were not referred to in the movie as The Constructicons, motorcylces that transformed into one-wheeled female robots were not referred to as the Peglegfembots, and the Twins were just the Twins.

7. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

They wouldn't be Dinobots... they'd be Dynobots. :lol 

8. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say again: contrived :wink: 

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Dinobots would be lame, if they don't transform into Dinosaurs. I stick with the Wreckers theory.

10. vektsilver

Personally never was a fan of the idea myself but I seem to have a way of figuring some of these things out and this one was just bugging me to much not mention.

I think the wreckers idea would be neat but they dont look "wrecked" they look half transformed so I would be REALLY surprised it was them. However the Fallen did make it into the film and he was mostly obscure character but I think thats just because Bay wanted to set a transformer on fire.

I would say anything is possible in these movies but I wonder whats up with the cool shockwave and soundwave heads ( he has a mouth but after all this it could be alot worse ). Its almost like they are trying to give us G1 ish hope.

Even the wheeljack head that I hate I can see how it relates to the G1 incarnate pretty much. Bay wont do dinosaurs but he would do jacked up weapons brimming powerfull nascars that look all agressive and have no regard for safety.

11. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SEE! People actually agree with my theory of them being DYNObots!

12. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

How could they be Dinobots without the dino part? Could you imagine how confused a kid would be to hear that TF3 has dinobots in it only to see a bunch of tricked out Nascars? It's just not logical. I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility that they could share the names and even personalities of the individual Dinobots, but to name 3 Nascars the Dinobots just seems foolish.

13. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed. They could just be three Decepticons (or Autobots). With big guns.

14. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    THIS! Hillarious! And I would totally not be shocked to see it come to pass. Another poster labeled it contrived, but there have been other continuities where Grimlock was present and NOT a dinosaur, so why not in the Movies? They don't HAVE to be Dinobots (or Dynobots) they can just be Grimlock Slag, Sludge, Snarl or Swoop; that is if their characterizations back it up at least.

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about Rallybots?

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I really hope they aren't the Dinobots. If they're going to be in the movie-verse, I'd much rather have them turn into military vehicles.

However if they do turn out to be the Dinobots, there's a chance the concept could be somewhat good. Stranger things have worked for the movies, imho. Like Arcee not having legs, and Skids having buck teeth and not being a redneck or geek stereotype.

17. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro's going to name them Huey, Dewey and Louie.

18. vektsilver

how dare you try to bring reason to the movie verse? lol

It actually seems like if it is most likely not what the average person is expecting then its probably true.

Even better when the movie viewing fans get more or less a roundabout confirmation on something like wheel jack they ll go into denial for a bout a month then afterwards will say something like " it couldnt have been done any other way " lol.

Trying not to become jaded in my own thread lol.

I just think given how against the idea of the dinobots being cars I am and that these guys are a group of 3 wierd and agressive cars I just keep thinking about Orci saying "wow thats not a bad idea" like thats when he said this is how i can get Bay to put the dinobots in the film.

Id rather they stayout of the movie verse cause often the characters are just a name sake anyway.

19. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :banghead: NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:banghead: 

20. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still don't know that they will necessarilly get or need to have a sub faction name. The constructicons weren't actually acknowledged as being 'constructicons' in the movie (in fact it was only referenced on a couple of packaging texts), they just happened to have construction vehicle modes and some just happened to combine into Devastator.

I dunno why people are getting so hung up on naming them as a group. For all we know they'll just have three made up names, or three random names plucked from random corners of the TF multiverse, or just three loosely related names like Arcee, Chromia and Elita-1.