Naruto

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by The_Bardock, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Man is anyone else watching this show? I got into it from watching it dubbed on TV but I just couldn't stand waiting for the next week so I decided to search for some of the fansubs. Right now I am starting the 3rd season and I can't even remember the last time I was this excited watching a show. So anyone else on the board like this series? What are your thoughts about it?

(oh and try to use spoiler tags incase other people haven't see as far as you)

2. gil

gil Godmaster

Fansubs? I need to look for those. I couldn't wait for the weekly show too, so I went and got all the Manga books. But now it's done for a few months and it looks like I need to resort to fansubs to get more Naruto.

3. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, no links to illegal content. -Streck

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I read it way back when Viz first brought it over here in the Shonen Jumps, and I gave the anime a shot. I couldn't stand it.. 2nd episode was filler.

Yep, I hate filler. I don't mind the manga, but my interest in anime/manga has been shot very low these past couple of years.

5. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I've grown somewhat bored with the series. I quit watching it all together when the filler arcs started, and before that I had just been watching certain episodes for particular fights. I've been reading the latest issues in small doses. I'll wait a month or two, then catch up, wait, catch up. I might pick the show back up after it starts going through the manga again.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm 128 or 129 episodes into the subs. This series rocks. Got all current issues of the Manga and seen all the dubbed episodes. Can't wait for the Chuinin exam episodes.

7. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I love the naruto anime(when its not original filler), former co-workers got me into it and now i am hooked. I had several clone alts in COH at one time Kakashis, Rock Lees, Tsunade, Garra, I got rid of them and brought it done to just one fire/electric blaster, one Spines/Super Reflexes Scrapper or S3 and One D3 Dark/Dark Defender(Just try to guess who is who). My only level 50 alt(Chance Jackson) was very much so Naruto inspired even had a small Konoha SG that merged with another konoha Sg(when I saw two of their members who were pretty good imitations of Kakashi and Neji) and then disbanded.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The best thing about Naruto is the music. Without the music, it would be nothing but another dragonball ripoff. The score sounds like a bunch of ninjas, real ninjas totally rocking out. You wouldn't think a bamboo flute lead would rock as much as it does.

And the theme song's not bad either.

9. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

Naughty links snipped. -Streck

Bastard! Came here to post exactly what you did. :mad 

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for them to get back into the story again. I'm up to ep 165 and it looks like the case of the (we need to do filler episodes so the manga can catch up.) If you like Naruto I highly recomend Bleach

11. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I've watched some of the dubs, but have skipped the last few eps for the most part since I read this part in the Manga. I haven't bothered to get fansubs, but this one friend of mine just got an iPod video so he's going to load it up with Naruto so we can watch it at lunch.

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I prefer "Flow' as the theme song opening.. Great visuals and great song

"We are fighting heroes.."

So what are your favorite moments thus far? Here are mine [poss minor spoilers]

- When Rock Lee first takes off the leg weights and everyone doesn't think it will give him much more speed. He drops them and they impact like they weigh a ton each. Then he becomes almost supersonic.

- Rock Lee... drunken master..

- Naruto summons a tadpole

- Naruto calls Jayrachi a pervert hermit.

[/end spoilers]

This series is so much fun..

13. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Best bits, obviously spoilers -

Sasuke vs Naruto
    Orochimaru vs Sandaime even though it took forever
    Gaara owning the shit out of Kimmimaro
    Kakashi vs Zabuza was pretty awesome too
    Anything with Shikimaru and Kiba rocks too.

I don't bother with filler episodes but I do my best to keep up with the manga. It's great to see the actual story advance but the chapters are so short and the fights are so much better in motion.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I just got to the {spoiler}

Full on Foxxed out Naurto Vs. Sauske.. Damn this is getting intense.

I liked the filler episode with the gang trying to see Kakashi's face.. Sometimes filler episode are downright hilarious! On of my fav DBZ episodes is where Piccilo and Goku learn to drive.

Gaara has mellowed a lot since he got whopped by Naruto

I too like Shikimaru and Kiba/Akamaru (arf!).. I like Choji's Meatball tank attack

15. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I was heavy into Naruto last year... but the filler eps are driving me nuts. I'm more or less pleased with the US dub (it could have been alot worse). I'll be happy when the uncut DVDs come out..... with a series as good as Naruto, it's almost a crime not to have it as a licenced release.

Now what concerns me, is now that it's a hit in the US..... who will be getting the toy licence? 'cus I'm dieing to collect some cool Naruto figures. :D 

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there are already a few from Japan, including a set of super-articulated (but also super-expensive... $75 CDN for a 6-inch scale figure at the local import stores, ouch) representations of Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. Lots of interchangeable parts for different hand poses, and heads, etc, and lots of accessories.

I didn't really look hard enough to figure out who makes them, though, if there's any chance of them getting licensed for a North American release.

17. rattrap007

News Credits:
    pics?

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the toys and they're very well made. They are not 6 inch...slightly shorter.

19. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

SPOILER

Man this Hokage Orichimoro(sp?) fight is taking forever to finish, been like 3 episodes and he still hasn't pulled out the damn soul. Also one of my favourite fights is one of the first where the 2 water ninjas try to ambush them and sasuke kicks their ass, it's short and sweet.

20. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I thought it was Bandai? At any rate those figures are like hens teeth. I can't find them anywhere. Not like there's any point, they don't have any bad guys to fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.