Naruto toys.. anyone else buying any?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rattrap007, Jul 24, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    there are the following:

12 in Naruto and Sauske (they look bad in person)
    8 in Naruto, Sauske, and Rock Lee with Chakra bases (they have poor articulation.

Then there are the 4in figurs like i have. There are Deluxe Training figures and the basics. Basics are about $6-7 and the Deluxe is about $10.

There are the following figures:
    Basics:
    Zabuza with big sword
    Haku with mirror
    Naruto with throwing kunai (the Naruto I have)
    Sauske with throwing Kunai
    Sauske with giant shurikan
    Naruto with Feral head (when he goes all fox) and clenched fists
    Rock Lee with bandages attachments for the lotus technique
    Ochimaru with extra head with long neck

Deluxe training:
    Sauske with Big Shurikan and training dummy (looks the same as basic but with a platform and attack target)
    Neji with attack dummy (where you can see the chakra tubes in the body) and attachments for his hands for his chakra stopping move.
    Gaara with sand sheild base
    Tree Climbing Chakra practice Naruto (has little magnetic attachments to his feet to climb the tree)
    Iruka with big shurikan and break apart wall
    Rock Lee (the one I have)
    Kakashi with Replacement Jutsu (he clips to his tree accessory and it spings him around and a log spins into the place where he was)
    Shadow Clone jutsu Naruto. Naruto with the jutsu handsign and little standees of Naruto.

For Anime toys they are pretty cool.

Top on my list are:
    Gaara
    Kakashi
    Neji
    Basic Sauske with giant shurikan

they only one I'll pass on is the Sauske Deluxe and basic with throwing Kunai as the kunai accesory sucks and the Deluxe is the basic with more stuff..

2. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well went today. No Gaara or Neji. Didn't see a Sauske with shurikan either. They had more deluxe in. I passed (for now) on Shadow Clone Naruto and tree Climbing Naruto. Picked up Kakashi and Zabuza today. They are taller than the kids. The kids only come up to about the neck or chin of the adults.

Kakashi is kinda neat. His tree gimmick is cool. You hook the log stump in the back part and attach the clip to the front. You put Kakashi in the clip and tap the top of the tree. Kakashi swings around to th back as the stump swings to the front. Good toy version of a substitution Jutsu.

Zabuza is cool too. He comes with his sword that is about as big as he is. Heck the blade is almost as big as naruto! Good deal for him and a big ass sword.

3. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

Yea, I gotta find these! My area is kinda sold out. Does the action featurse get in the way of poses? Like Rock lee's feature? Also the whole throwing action.

4. rattrap007

News Credits:
    the Naruto has an action gimmick at the waist. Twist it to the right and it snaps back to the left. Sauske would be the same i guess. Rock Lee is the only one Deluxe I've found with an action gimmick inside the figure (well I only have two deluxes). His is only a problem when you try to raise the arm up at the shoulder. Otherwise it will slam down. Elbow and Mid Bicep joints are not affected by it.

5. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I sort of want to like Mattels line... but I just can't get into without the girl characters being included. I mean Sakura is one of the MAIN four characters (damn it!) and she is no where to be seen.

The case assorments are nearly as bad as He-man was... one secondary character and 3 or 4 different Narutos' or Sauska's. I could see this line as a pain to collect if it catchs on.

6. TigerPrawn

7. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Mattel is ALWAYS like that. They never learn. They do the same stupid crap over and over again.

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Congrats on getting a rare one.

also just found a good use for the kunai that came with naruto.. snip away all the excess crap around the kunai and you got more kunai for other figures. Sadly Kakashi and Zabuza's hands are too open for them to hold one well. but it gives more weapons.

I want to see them make:

Basic Kakashi with Make Out Paradise book
    Kiba with Akakamaru
    Sakura
    Ino with alternative hands for her possession jutsu
    choji with a big ball version of himself for his justu
    Shikimaru
    the bug guy
    Tenten with scrolls and a few ninja weapons
    Hokage
    Jahriya with alternative head (horney version)

9. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    i have a sdcc figure up for sale if anyone wants it

10. TigerPrawn

rdarkstream is the man. He's the one who hooked me up with my SDCC stuff. If you want the fig from an honest guy he's your man.

11. rattrap007

News Credits:
    how much and where do i buy?

12. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was excited that these were being made until I saw the pictures. I think they look horrible. Given what Toy Biz has done with ML and what the Japanese Naruto figures looked like these are a big disappointment to me.

I bought the SDCC exclusive only because Naruto was the only one from the Japanese line I wasn't able to get.

I'm gonna pass on these early figs and hope Mattel does a second and better batch.

13. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I might get a couple, prolly just any Sasuke Kakashi and maybe Sakura though, i can't stand Naruto himself and wish it was the Kakashi or Sasuke show :p 

14. TigerPrawn

I bought Zabuza today. Cool fig, just wish he had more articulation in the legs, mainly the hips.

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    glad you like them..

16. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I wouldnt mind having some naruto figures from after the 3 year jump. the teenage naruto.

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I saw these figures yesterday at Toyrus and I was tempted, but that was after I grabbed Titanium Optimus Prime and Megatron. Naruto and Rock Lee look cool, I will get them next week.

18. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well got the seluxe Shadow clone Jutsu Naruto today. The figure is fine. It is like the basic one but with different hands (these make the hand sign). The extra pack in thing is kinda lame. Oh well. Getting all the different style Naruto's will act as his shadow clones. Frankly that works on most all the charachters except Rock Lee. Oh well.

19. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Recently got the Deluxe Sauske, Haku, and Iruka.

Deluxe Sauske is probably the same as Basic Sauske w/ Demon Wind Shurikan, except DLX doesn't have a throwing gimmick. Instead his other accessories are lame. His Shurikan is nice, and he comes with a training dummy (not horrible, but not useful either). his little base is kinda useless. You stick him on, spin a little geared wheel on the side and it spins him around.) Good figure, good weapon, useless other stuff

Haku is nice looking. Sadly he has basically ZERO articulation below the waist due to his baggy pants. He looks very nice though, just no articualtion. His hands kinda suck because they are holding his throwing needles. It makes him look like Wolverine. He is the worst of the figures sadly.

Iruka is nice though. Has a waist throwing gimmick like the basic Naruto and Sauske. He comes with a big shurikan and and a wall gimmick. It is a little wall you seperate the back from the front. You slip in one of two tissue pieces that act as a rice paper wall. Throw the shurikan and it goes through the wall. Kinda neat.

I'm going to go out really early tommorow because I've just started finding these at a few Wal-Marts. I'm going to hit all the ones in my area then hit the two in Owensboro, KY.. Wish me luck