Naruto toys.. anyone else buying any?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rattrap007, Jul 24, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just picked up my first two Naruto figures today. I went with the 4in figures as they are the best looking one. I got the basic Naruto with the kunai bein thrown and the Dlx Training Rock Lee.

Naruto is good. Decent poseability on these figures. they have ball shoulder joints, neck, mid bicep swivel, elbow, hips, waist, and knees. The Kunais with Naruto looks like they're being thrown and are in plain grey. Looks bad. But the figure is good and that is the important thing. The Kunai pieces are rubber.

Rock Lee has the same posability as Naruto except the right arm has a gimmick where when you lift the arm up it will slam down in a karate chop. He comes with a training dummy that when you tap falls apart. Makes it so Lee destroys it. He also includes two small kunai.

Both are excellent representations of their charachters. I now plan on getting Garra, Kakashi, Sauske, Neji, and Basic Lee. Might get the Clone Jutsu Naruto because it can do the Kage No Bushin jutsu pose.

The Deluxe are about $10 and Basics about $6-7 at TRU. I hope these show up at WM and Target soon. They are pretty good.

The basics figures are the figure and a weapon. Zabuza comes with his huge sword, Haku with mirrors, Sauske with Kunai. Some like Neji and Rock lee come with alternative fist like attachments. Lee's arm bandages come off as if he is doing the lotus technique and Neji has his chakra attack.

Deluxe figures come with a extra base. Naruto clone training comes with little plastic clones, Kakashi comes with a tree that rotates him out and replaces it with a log for a Substitution Jutsu, etc.

Overall I'm please. I'll use the money i was going to use on Tit Megs and Prime on more Naruto figures considering the Tits. have gotten bad reviews.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, is it possible for you to post pictures - comparing them to say, ML? I'm interested in the figures but I'm wary of the scale issue.

3. rattrap007

News Credits:
  4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'd like to get into Naruto manga and anime before I'd get into the toy, but some pics would be nice.

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Ok here we go:
    [​IMG]
    The attack dummy
    [​IMG]
    Naurto's Kunai being thrown
    [​IMG]
    Naruto holding one of the Kunai (individual) that comes with Rock Lee
    [​IMG]
    Rock Lee
    [​IMG]
    Naruto and Rock Lee

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Also the detail is good on these guys. I know you can't see it but the Leaf Village symbol is on the forehead protectors. Very nice little detail. Also Naruto has his pouch on his backside

7. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

I'll most likely be buying some. I got the SDCC one on the way and I think the Rock lee one looks great. Do you know when the figurse with the chakra accessory come out?

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I think those are the 8 Inch ones.. They suck...

Please post some pics when you do..

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Fixed.

[​IMG]

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
    oh har har har...

Anyway just saw the SDCC Naruto fig. It is like mine only it comes with the scroll and has goggles instead of the forehead protector.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I really don't like the head sculpts on those...

*wishes Revoltech did some Naruto though knows it won't happen*

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    the only one that really bugs me is Sauske

13. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I like the manga a whole lot and I read the latest releases every week, but i couldnt see myself buying those toys. they sort of look like the old super powers toys.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting the pictures, rattrap007. The scale of the 4 inch figures (my guess) looks good beside ML figures but the I don't quite like the head sculpts - they are decent but I don't like the expressions used. LOL!

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

16. rattrap007

News Credits:
    It is a great series. The dub in season 1 was kinda bad because they tried to make Naruto have a catch phrase. In second season it is almost non existant now. Thank god....

The series is great. It has some great action and humor. I suggest you find some torrents of the early episodes from the start and check it out. Fun show.

17. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

I dunno, I like the dynamic poses that the chakra figs have... Except Sasuke... He just doesn't look that great. Maybe if he was doing the fire jutsu instead...

I'll prob pick up at least the basics as I love the show and characters. Just got the limited edition DVD too ^_^.

The SDCC fig is just for show really. It comes in a super nice box with "shadow replications" in the background. reminds me of the beggining of the series.

I also had a friend pick this up for me.

http://cornerstorecomics.com/SDCC/images/sdcc06_naruto_statue_L.jpg

The subs are a much better way to watch the show. I understand very little japanese (actually close to none) but the voices fit ALL the characters alot better. The english dub is decent, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Alot of people write off Naruto as some kiddie show, but there are some VERY mature themes especially concerning the past of many characters and the action is great. I've shown a few of my friends who are all in their mid 20s and they've all really gotten addicted. Almost all thought they would never watch it and now they can't get enough.

EDIT: Hmm... How many variations of characters are there? The Rock Lee with action feature, Rock Lee with bandages, then Rock Lee 8'? I'm confused.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Its a really good anime but it does get draggy after awhile. I recommend watching it with subs though...

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i've got some! i've got bandai UFS son gokou, vegeta, piccolo...

oh wait. thats dragonball.

:poke 

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dragonball was good for awhile until the "power upgrades" got to crazy levels...got tiring after awhile.