Heavy/Scratch: Nancy 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

After the Junkion combiner set auction went horribly wrong in multiple ways, I had to relist it with a "Buy it Now' price. I studied what I could do to improve it, but the only real thing I could find to improve (within my own capabilities) was Nancy, whose off white parts looked rough and had an ugly yellow tint and the face looked odd.
    I stripped the white and off white paint apps, repainted them in a more smooth off white color, shaved away the face frame the TFP Arcee figure base face had, and did a few other minor paint touch ups.

I never intended for any of these to have clean or perfect paint jobs, being nasty garbage bots and all, but hopefully she looks much better now.

The 2 bike pics are the same old ones.

Attached Files:

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The way you talk about it, it seems terrible. What went wrong with the auction?

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    It's still amazing.:) 

Edit: I also want to know about the auction.

4. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Reports of people not being able to bid, including at least one person who I know has bought from me before through Ebay.
    7 weeks of working 6 to 10 hours a day and nearly $400 I put in to make this, and it got bid to only $800.
    A guy sending me multiple messages asking me to take the auction down and sell directly to him, but I didn't so when it made crap money, he rubbed it in over and over that he would have paid so much more, resulting in me totally losing all professionalism and going the F off.
    A couple of nasty messages along the lines of "lol you only made $800".
    Winner didn't pay within 24 hours as stated in auction and when I messaged him, he was rude and threatening- and still didn't pay. I relisted it in frustration instead of waiting the full 4 days ebay gives, and he not only left me a lie negative (hurting my 100% positive) but also threatened to come visit me at my home. Ebay investigated and removed his feedback comment, but my perfect feedback score is still hurt.

I never had much of an ego but I thought this set was one of my best works. Having all that happen SUCKED.

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    me3, lookas great!!! ... prolly sum whiney biotch!

6. lhandlott

lhandlott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Let me guess non payer ? Anyway I think it looks awesome and I only wish you the best on the auction if you do it again.

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    people these days, man. sorry that happened to you.

she still looks great though, i hope it goes better this time.

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I know countless others must have said this, but that totally sucks, man. I had no idea you could invest so much cash in a custom like this.

9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

If I hadn't been in a hurry I probably could have gotten the figures involved for less eventually. BINs on ebay can rack up fast though, even getting the lowest priced ones. There is over $70 in MaidenJapan parts on them too.

It probably didn't help that I posted the combiner and bike modes all over the net before I had the MJ parts to complete the robot modes, then those took a good bit longer to get here than I was told (no offence to MJ, I know he is quite busy).
    By the time I got the set completed and listed for auction, the hype over the set had ended a month ago.

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think $800 is pretty damn good, but I do think something this good deserved more.

As for those who sent disparaging remarks, way to show professionalism. You lot have the maturity level of 3rd grader. "No hope for the human race" is a lovely, yet true statement. Bravo.

As for the idiot wanting the auctioned closed.......why the hell don't you just BID higher? I mean, since you were bragging about how you would've paid so much more.....why not grow a pair & actually bid to win then? It honestly makes no sense to want someone to pull an auction for personal purchase, then brag that you would've paid so much more. If so, DO IT. Just bid to win like a normal person. This underhanded auctioning bullshit is getting out of hand, what with people doing this, bidding their own junk up or having a friend do so, or ripping people off through overseas money transfers (like Western Union). And no, I'm not talking only TF customs auctions. Ebay as a whole is one frigged up system now & has been for years. I used to sell tons of videogames, consoles, & the like on ebay back in the day. Had zero issues back then. Since I quit that years ago, I've only auctioned one custom & personally, I think it did well, given the time, work put into it, & the fact that I'm not trying to make bank to live on. It was something I no longer needed & wanted to do for fun & to auction off. I hate the competition aspect of auctioning off any work of art. It's fucking retarded.

And lastly, as for this custom, it came out great! I really liked the overall combiner & everything you put into it. You did a great job with it all & the design was killer. Screw what anyone else says or slyly does through emails or messages. To me, that's a coward's way out. If you don't like something, state it publicly & share reasons why you don't & how it can be improved. Keep up the great work & fug the naysayers.

11. Acer

Acer VisualAdlib Ex-Pat

Man, no matter what nasty strangers have to spew, this set and Nancy looks AWESOME. <3 I hope eBay found out who that harrasser was and banned him for-eva.

12. Random75

Random75 Member

Sorry to hear about your problems on Ebay. I'm sure you know not all of the users are A-holes.

As someone said earlier, if that dude wanted that bad for you to close the auction early he should have simply outbid.

But, anyway...

That set looks freakin awesome. I have about zero artistic talent where this stuff is concerned, so I'm glad there are people like you out there willing to put in the effort...and the money...to realize a figure we'd otherwise never see.

Good job. Anyone says otherwise, screw 'em.

13. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Very nice work. And props for choosing a great, unsung, character.

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Great custom. Ebay just sucks anymore. Too much bullshit there. It's seems people hold sellers hostage with the threat of negative feedback.

15. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    The whole set is really phenomenal. Anyone would be lucky to have it. I'm sorry you encountered drama from the auction, but really you deserved more than $800 for it anyway, so I'm glad you didn't end up selling it for that little. I know you want money for it, but really if you can't manage to sell it for over $1,000 then I think it is best off just being an amazing part of your own personal collection...... at least until I can save up enough money to buy it. :p 

16. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Actually the guy who wanted me to take the auction down and sell to him was the first person to alert me that he couldn't bid. After the second, I tried checking my settings, but my only restrictions are "you must have more than 0 feedback, must have a paypal account linked, and must not have recent unpaid strikes". I tried to explain that changing those would open me up to possible problems, but they claimed not to have those issues so I don't know what the deal was. That's why all of my listings now are BIN only.
    There were only 3 people who said they couldn't bid, and one was after the auction ended, but it made me wonder if others couldnt too and they just didnt bother to tell me.
    After Ebay/paypal fees and with the free shipping of this big ass box, at $800 I would have made about $300 for all that work. Still better than the $0 it made so far though.
    Thanks for what ya said man. There were certainly things I would have done differently if I could go back in time, but I sure appreciate you understanding how frustrating the situation was... and still is to me.

Yeah over the phone, ebay said they were going after that guy for personal threats and extortion, and they removed his feedback comment. I was surprised about the extortion part, but they said when he said "whenever I do pay you will ship it or I will ruin your good name on every forum I can get on", that was extortion.
    The nasty comments weren't from strangers though...

Thanks! Everything I did in the set was supposed to be what TF fans would really like to have, because I am a huge collector and fan myself and its a set I would love to have... if it wasn't a reminder of a big failure now anyway.

Thank you. Its not and issue I have ever had before and I sure hope it never happens again.

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have to say that this custom looks great, but man sorry for the auction debacle you went through.

18. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

800 dollars for this set in my opinion is more than enough. I think youre being a bit greedy considering the set looks "customized". The reason that customizers get such great prices when they sell is because its the right figure at the right time and their work is almost factory grade if not way better. The toy doesnt look "customized" it looks official. Im not saying it looks bad and Im also empathetic as I too have listed stuff on Ebay that I thought would fetch....at least an offer. Fair prices and all still got squat. Haters will hate and ruin yer day. Dont let them. Just repost it and screw the comments....dont read em. Im sure there is at least a few people out there that will want to buy this set.
    Regarding the Nancy figure it really does look good. I actually looked at this originally and thought "Buul$#it...theres nowAAAAIITAMINUTE!!!! There IS A FEMALE JUNKION OMG!" So you get big bonus points for that too. Is the name Nancy the actual characters name or is that ficticious"

19. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

You are entitled to your opinion, but as a collector myself that really put my heart into all of this, $800 sucks for me. Like I said, about $300 profit for 7 weeks work. That is a failure, period.
    I'm kind of glad the winner didn't pay because I'd rather keep it than ship it out for that, especially with quicky jobs that took 2 days like my Skylynx going for over $700.
    I sure wasn't going for a factory look on these, and I disagree about clean "non-customized" looks bringing more money. I say that from years of experience too, not just talking out my ass. I think "factory clean" wouldn't fit Junkions as well. It would just look lazy IMO.

20. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

I have to say, I would have preferred a "factory" look to these guys, with painted dirt etc, but I absolutely love Nancy in particular and want to make my own to keep Gen. Wreck Gar company. :)  Really sorry to hear about the ebay mess... I've never managed to sell the one TF custom I listed there, myself.