Naming that Optimus Prime AOE re-issue/KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by setsuna, Apr 15, 2018.

1. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

So...... got sucked into the new Studio Series but not a fan of the SS Prime.

I remember there was an AOE Battle Blades Prime re-issued or possibly KO version but I can't exactly remember... I'm not talking about the evasion one... but the battleblades one... any ideas?

basically I'm trying to buy the best Voyager Prime to go with my SS

2. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I think you're looking for this guy, Takara Lost Age AD-12 Revenge Optimus Prime.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. setsuna

4. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I know you mentioned in the OP that you're not a fan of it, but honestly if you're buying to go with Studio Series, you can't go wrong with Studio Series Optimus. The back kibble doesn't look great, but it doesn't get in the way. SS Prime is way more posable than Battle Blades Prime, he has great proportions, and his transformation is super intuitive. Conversely, MPM Prime is fantastic, but he's too big to look good with Studio Series figures.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Well, that re-issue is super expensive. If that is way out of your budget, I'd recommend my favorite movieverse Prime Voyager would be Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus. It is a great looking toy with a fun transformation.

6. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Dunno if you aware, but the MPM mold has a few reported issues. A few 3rd party companies have apparently improved upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. setsuna

I know... but his legs are wierd.... by that i mean the covers for his wheels by his ankles are off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess nothing a bit of paint wont fix... but the bottom portions of his legs just seem so off... and lack of guns... and short stacks...

is it possible to extend the stacks and not have it affect transformation? ... plus that backpack??? why???

If Hasbro is making an ROTF ver of SS Starscream, maybe they will update and do a DOTM ver of Prime thats improved? fingers crossed...
    It is the best.. but it doesn't transform into the movie cab... i know its G1 nod but i need something more SS oriented :( 

do tell :) 

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this one. I think there's a KO version floating around from China sellers on Ebay, but I don't know what the quality is like. Tempted to take a chance on it. I was hoping to find a thread here with more info.

9. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

So I just ordered this on a whim from eBay. I'll let you guys know what arrives in my mail when it comes but I'm pretty sure I just paid for a sticker of Optimus Prime and not an actual toy.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. setsuna

Me too... i just bought the exact thing from the same seller. Hopefully it is an actual toy as well...

11. LZSchneider

Cool! We'll both find out when it the shipment finally arrives in three years.

12. parrothead

parrothead Well-Known Member

What was the Optimus, I think he was from Wal Mart? He had stars on the windows, and was a little bit darker. He also came with a little white truck dude.

13. setsuna

Lol

Mine says expected delivery by aug22

The walmart one and this one are same mould based off the boyager hftd battle lades prime. This one however comes with chrome parts and different paint apps.

14. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    SS Starscream is too short and Blackout is the same, coming up to about MPM Prime's head.

SS is designed to fit in scale with other bots from SS. I'm pretty sure BB Voyager is the same height or close to SS Prime so that should suffice.

As far as "scale" goes, there's debates all over the board about it. I'm collecting MPM (or their KOs of equal height) and then collecting OS'd KOs of Blackout and Starscream.

15. setsuna

Whelp,

Just got a msg from ebay saying they removed this item due to issues with the seller’s account... i will need to ask for a refund if i dont see the item arrive by promised date.

16. LZSchneider

I've received the same message. I'm waiting to the earliest arrival date and if I don't receive it, I'm requesting a refund. Why do you think the seller was shut down? Illegally selling toys or maybe for showing a picture of one thing while sending something else entirely?

17. LZSchneider

So here's an update: eBay says the item arrives tomorrow but I haven't received anything and I've requested a refund already. Boo. :( 

There are other KO sellers on eBay but who knows if they are legit or not... Plus I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay $30 to wait a month for another "item removed due to seller being skivvy" message...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Check the ebay china sellers thread, that may help you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LZSchneider

Thanks, bud, I will check that thread.

(EDIT)
    Here's the link in case it helps anyone else looking for this toy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Much as the amount of OP toys is ridiculous I would really like a ROTF Prime who is the size of a current leader instead of the old movie leader size.