Naming that Optimus Prime AOE re-issue/KO

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by setsuna, Apr 15, 2018.

1. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

So...... got sucked into the new Studio Series but not a fan of the SS Prime.

I remember there was an AOE Battle Blades Prime re-issued or possibly KO version but I can't exactly remember... I'm not talking about the evasion one... but the battleblades one... any ideas?

basically I'm trying to buy the best Voyager Prime to go with my SS

2. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I think you're looking for this guy, Takara Lost Age AD-12 Revenge Optimus Prime.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. setsuna

4. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I know you mentioned in the OP that you're not a fan of it, but honestly if you're buying to go with Studio Series, you can't go wrong with Studio Series Optimus. The back kibble doesn't look great, but it doesn't get in the way. SS Prime is way more posable than Battle Blades Prime, he has great proportions, and his transformation is super intuitive. Conversely, MPM Prime is fantastic, but he's too big to look good with Studio Series figures.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Well, that re-issue is super expensive. If that is way out of your budget, I'd recommend my favorite movieverse Prime Voyager would be Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus. It is a great looking toy with a fun transformation.

6. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Dunno if you aware, but the MPM mold has a few reported issues. A few 3rd party companies have apparently improved upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. setsuna

I know... but his legs are wierd.... by that i mean the covers for his wheels by his ankles are off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess nothing a bit of paint wont fix... but the bottom portions of his legs just seem so off... and lack of guns... and short stacks...

is it possible to extend the stacks and not have it affect transformation? ... plus that backpack??? why???

If Hasbro is making an ROTF ver of SS Starscream, maybe they will update and do a DOTM ver of Prime thats improved? fingers crossed...
    It is the best.. but it doesn't transform into the movie cab... i know its G1 nod but i need something more SS oriented :( 

do tell :) 

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this one. I think there's a KO version floating around from China sellers on Ebay, but I don't know what the quality is like. Tempted to take a chance on it. I was hoping to find a thread here with more info.