Nameplate inserts on carded figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like most here, i keep most of what comes out of the packaging of the toys i buy except the plastic, twisties and catalog for the 2009 figs
    i even keep the nameplate inserts on carded figs, not sure what to do with them. i was hoping to put them to good use one day. I think it could add to the look of my collection and let others know who's who.

but i was wondering if anyone here has used them like that or found another use for those inserts.

FYI- i still have all those nameplates for my 4.5 inch gundam figs, too.

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got some Henkei inserts left, though I threw their cardbacks away. I don't know what to do with them, either. My younger son has his SW figures inserts (just the name and image bit) collaged on the wall, though.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forget who's collection it was, but there was someone who displayed the tech spec cards that come with a lot of the Takara Transformers next to the figures and it looked pretty damn good.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I keep those little name banners too. I have no idea why other than maybe just OCD. I don't use them for anything and they're all just stored in a box with the cards. I think the only time I've used anything like that were the title banners whenever they were separate pieces on the cards as they make good little TF logos to stick to stuff. I used to have a whole row of the title banners from, I think, the Cybertron carded figures stuck along my TF display shelf edges.
    I suppose you could stick them in some kind of album.

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought about saving the name plates to display in front of each figure, but by the time it occurred to me I had already amassed a rather sizable collection. I think it would have looked really nice, but tracking down all the name plates I was missing would have drove me bonkers. There's no way my OCD would have let me not have the uniformity; it would have to be all or none. I still think it would have looked nice though

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I keep all that in three-ring binders, with the instructions, card backs, and tech specs if applicable all in plastic sheet protector pages. The binder is good to quickly grab if I haven't handled a toy in a while and need an instruction refresher, or if I just want to flip and browse through card art, tech specs et cetera. And if I have that line of toys in storage I keep the binder in the bin as well.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The card backs on the new figures are really nice, but way too big to display next to their figure, so these banners are like an "okay" alternative.

makes me miss the G1 tech spechs- everything on a small card that fits well in a display.

guess i will keep on saving these banners since i have so many already. Meh, lol.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I clip the bio and tech specs from the card backs. When applicable, I tape the tech specs to the back of the bio. I toss those and the instructions into a bin along with Star Wars figure card backs and GI Joe bios.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I keep them all but I have yet to come up with a decent way of displaying them. I agree that a return to the classic tech specs would be nice.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I only keep the instructions anymore, in a 3-ring binder. I haven't kept Tech Specs since G1, not since they haven't put them in a nice little cutaway box like jorod mentioned. But yeah, thinking back, that'd make a pretty cool display if you have the space. Though in the end you could probably just as easily design or download and print something out for some uniformity. I mean everything's (images) available online now, isn't it?

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I used to have beermats stuck to my ceiling and that would've been cool to do with the cardbacks and banners and whatnot, but now I've moved house and all the ceilings have that knobbly swirly texture pattern to them which buggers up that idea.