Name the Chevy Trax

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Well if we know his 'Twins' name (Skids) then what's the Trax's name then. I think he'd have to be Cliffjumper.
    It's just the shape of the car, the red. G1 anyone?
    Anybody else agree? If not, share who you think it is.

Edit: First 9 possibilies will go in the poll (Cliffjumper not counted)

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibilities:

Cliffjumper

Swerve

Mudflap ;) 

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm really hoping for Cliffjumper, and I don't see why it couldn't be him, because:

1. He is red.
    2. His leaked robot design looked alot like a smaller, chubbier Bumblebee.
    3. What was misinterpreted as his goofy head seems to be his back with boosters attached to them. I could see him use these to make up for his small scale and actually 'jump cliffs' as some sort of short-use jetpack (like Classics Cliffjumper or Animated Prowl).

Actually, I would be pretty bummed if it isn't him, especially because I feel the new bots should have some more recognizable G1 friends.

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Makes sense, particularly the third point. When I first saw his leaked pics, I thought that weird one was a back shot, not the 'shitty head' everyone else thought it was.

My bet's on Cliffjumper, though I don't mind if it's not.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope it's Cliffjumper, but it seems a lot of the new Autobots were just cars GM asked Bay to promote, so the writers made original characters based on alternate modes and then named them after avaliable Hasbro trademarks. I don't believe Orci and co. thought, "We definitely need Jolt and Skids in the sequel."

Whereas, in the first film, the five Autobots were clearly based on G1 characters, names and personalities and all, before Bay determined their appearance in robot and alternate mode. So I cross my fingers it's Cliffjumper, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's "Tracks".

6. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Windcharger character was also from G1. Of course Windcharger is red and small.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i'm still holding out for cliffjumper as an oldschool red impala with a bot mode similar to bumblebee. it'd be a nice and clever g1 nod, plus impalas are mad.