Name reuse of a different type

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prime Noble, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

So we're all aware of the usual name reuse where a new toy/character is given that of an old one. But what about the other type?

When a TF name gets reused but for a concept of TF lore. Granted it doesn't happen often, but the cases that come to mind are as follows.

Inferno, or rather The Inferno. The Inferno is another name for The Pit, a place of torment in Cybertronian mythology. So now we find the G1 Autobot and BW Predacon share their names with the Transformer equivalent of Hell.

Slag. Once a G1 Dinobot, but thanks to Beast Wars, a Cybertronian expletive.

Sparks. The other name for Hot Rod's Targetmaster partner, Firebolt. In modern TF lore, Transformer souls.

Sparkstalker. A rare TF name that hasn't been reused but sounds like it could be the TF equivalent of the Grim Reaper which could be cool, even as just another name for a Deathbringer.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. Have I missed any? Could I have expanded? What do you guys think?

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lugnut. In Animated, a Decepticon very loyal to Megatron. In Prime, Cybertronian equivalent of flowers (e.g. "pushing up lugnuts"). In Beast Wars, a euphemism.