Name of ROTF Linkin Park Song Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by realCliffjumper, May 7, 2009.

1. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Master of Puppets, for me. :lol 

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

LP is just right. No Metallica please. Next thing I know you ppl will want The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, oh good gawd.

3. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

enough with the sell out emo bands

last album we had had some good bands like -H-I-M- and disturbed and the used but linkin park was the worse band to go with. You want to know why the 80's sound track was so awesome? every thing fitted just perfectly with each other and the songs were 80's metal and 80's rock with the touch and dare being ballads which was cool. This new album ha better lift its a game and linkin park had better gone BACK to one step closer style from hybrid theory album style of music or I'm boycotting this cd.

4. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

Well, you got to think it's not just the die hard fans (that we are) who'll be watching it , most people won't know what the songs are , but we all be like OMG!!!! so they have to make it more modern for the public. .... .plus i think 80's is awsume!!!

5. jayluke

jayluke Autobot!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

ya no. thats Giving In by Adema

7. fuzzy_ninja

fuzzy_ninja little tin goddess

Yup, just got the email from the site's mailing list. Basically everything you've already said.

"NEW DIVIDE" IS COMING

Linkin Park's new song is called "New Divide" and is the theme song for the upcoming movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The song will premiere on radio worldwide on May 18 and will also be available for download on iTunes that same day!

In addition to writing the theme song for the movie, Linkin Park are contributing to the score of the movie. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens in the theaters on June 24.

"The opportunity to be creatively involved with one of the most anticipated films of the summer is pretty exciting," says Mike Shinoda. "It's one thing to shoot a video that matches sound and vision, but making music that's built for the big screen is a completely different challenge and we ran with it.

Be on the lookout for details regarding where you can catch the radio premiere, see the video, and maybe even some surprises!

Also, I like how I may just be the only person here who actually likes LP. Oh well. *shrugs*

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Given the length of this thread the contents within, I highly doubt that amigo.

9. Onslaught_Fei

Onslaught_Fei Member

Wouldve prefered some heavy metal myself. Some Annihilator, Overkill, Testament, Exodus, Necrophagist, Faceless, Atheist, Cynic, Obituary, Death, Morbid Angel, Megadeth, Slayer, or CORONER!!! But oh well, never gonna happen beyond the 86 movie.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Oh joy, another 3 minutes of Chester Bennington whining about how tough his life has been. That's original.

11. sondril

sondril Well-Known Member

I know that nerds tend to love Linkin Park, but it has to be said...

Linkin Park is just awful. The fact that they pretend to be musicians disgusts me. Manufactured MTV noise is not music, it's part of a costume. How can people subject themselves to the abomination of modern radio? Have they never known the pure inspiration of feeling notes struck in rapid passion of a cord torn from the sublime grace?

Doesn't it make you feel dirty listen to that noise and compare it Beethoven or Chopin by calling it music?

12. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Not at all, especially since there's a major difference between Linkin Park, Choplin and Beethoven's genre to begin with and cannot be compared from the get-go. I'm comfortable with Linkin Park "music", given its multigenre (Nu Metal/Hard Rock/Rap/Electronica), however noisy or manufactured it may be. :rolleyes2  Isn't what we call music based on Opinion anyway?

13. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Couldn't you ... you know ... listen and like more than a single music genre? ;) 

-airfox

14. sondril

Linkin Park, as with most modern corporate "music", is completely devoid of tallent. I don't mean this as a matter an opinion. These are people that put no effort into making what they call music.

They have no instrumental skills. The have no vocal range or power. Their lyrics are sophomoric, lacking any poetic quality. There is no uniqueness to their composition.

After you take all that away, what's left?

15. sondril

I listen to any musical artist that inspires, provokes thought, suffers through the pain of trying their hardest to transfer emotion trough notes. Genres be damned!

16. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

No comment except, where's the song?

17. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    On their Official Website, and in the Discussion Thread in the "News And Rumors" Section where the link to said website resides. You can't miss it. "Linkin Park: New Divide comes out Today". You can also YouTube it, or Go to iTunes.com, among other places.

18. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Thanks! :)