Nacho Libre is THE WORST movie I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigPrime3000, Jun 23, 2006.

1. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Just got back from walking out of it not too long ago. I wasn't expecting anything great from it, but I was hoping it would be some good slapstick humor wrapped around a plot good enough to keep the slapstick going. "Hell," I thought, "it's gotta at least be decent, it's pretty much the only original movie coming out this year."

Instead, I was treated to a movie about a monk becomming a wrestler for absolutely no reason at all...the training montage for Nacho takes place about 20 minutes into the movie, way before any actual reason for this monk to turn into a wrestler can be established. The editing was complete crap, and the acting was horrible.

I heard from several critics that The Fast and The Furious 3 was an enjoyable movie while Nacho Libre was practically unwatchable. For the first time in awhile, I can actually agree with the critics, and I haven't even seen The Fast and The Furious 3...not that I ever will, but I still at least expected an original movie to be better than the third version of a movie that was crap when the first installment came out.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I wasn't sure about it. It was hard to tell from the previews. It could have been a great movie or the worst movie of all time. Then its a Nickelodeon movie, so that usually guarentees that it'll be bad. Won't be spending my money on it now.

3. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I thought it was funny as hell and so did all the people I saw it with.

But I can understand the hate. You've got to have a certain 'Napoleon Dynamite' type of sense of humor or you will think it sucks.

Its definitely one of those 'love it or hate it' type flicks.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Is it worse than Punch Drunk Love or The Life Aquatic? -Those were the worst movies I've ever seen...

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought the part when he's like I am Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo was pretty funny...

then again I only saw a preview for it...

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't be worse than Solaris. On a related note my buddy saw Fast Furious 3 and said it was the best of the franchise.

7. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

You obviously haven't seen Manos: The Hands of Fate (thank you MST3K) or what I like to call the "black" Manos... Vampiyaz (no thanks to anyone involved :puke:  ).

But I loved the movie. Had me crying at points with how funny it was. I can definitely see how people without any patience would just want to up and leave, but I've made it a personal point to never leave a movie and stick things out to see everything all the way through. Okay, sometimes I've fallen asleep as protection (see Tomb Raider 1), but generally I think that no one can really have anything important to say about a movie if you haven't actually seen the movie all the way through.

And how can anyone not like Jack Black? C'mon now!

8. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    "Take it easy."

Awesome movie, loved it.

9. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

It really wasn't good, but I wouldn't call it the worst movie i've ever seen.

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bah, I still prefer Robot Chicken's title for it-- "3 Fast, 3 Furious".

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

BP3000

I figured that out just by the commercials I've seen for free :p 

Plus I'm not much of a Jack Black fan.I find his style of comedy HIGHLY annoying :p 

12. TheIncredibleHulk

Or Lost in Translation. God! That movie sucked!!

13. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed both Napoleon Dynamite and the Life Aquatic....but Nacho Libre was more of a...I can't even describe it, I mean Napoleon Dynamite had the most basic of a plot required for a movie like that to be entertaining IMO, Nacho Libre had about half the plot that Napoleon Dynamite did.

I love Jack Black, I've thought that he was funny the first time I saw Mars Attacks and realized that he was a comedy genious when High Fidelity came out, but this movie just did not show of the talent that I know he has. I saw it with a friend of mine who LOVED Napoleon Dynamite and he was just as eager to walk out of it as I was.

Also, I watched a little more than an hour of the movie before I walked out on it, the running time is 100 minutes, so it's not like I didn't give the movie a chance at all.

I've seen some crap in my days, and this is only the second movie I've walked out on.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I didn't think that movie was going to be good. So I decided to not waste money seeing it in the theater. On a related note, Dave Chappelle's Block Party was not my cup of tea. It was 1 hour and 45 minutes of rap artists, and 10 minutes of Chappelle. If anyone wants it, PM me.

15. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I really enjoyed the movie. A great laugh. Suprisingly enough, I hate Napolian Dynamite.

16. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

I really liked the first 2/3's of Nacho Libre...then it was like it ran out of steam.

At least until the swan dive at the end. I laughed pretty hard at that.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I forgot about that one, it's the fucking cure for insomnia.

18. TheIncredibleHulk

I don't think I've watched a Bill Murry movie since that one. That movie just made me lose interest in his movies

19. TigerPrawn

TigerPrawn Well-Known Member

*Sheds a tear

I loved Life Aquatic and Lost in Translation. I thought they were great movies. As for Nacho Libre, it wasn't the greatest thing ever, but it was a good movie. I enjoyed it through and through.

As for him becoming a Luchadore *SPOILER*

Well it takes place in a latin country and Luchadores are heroes over there. It's like how kids view wrestlers in the states. At the beggining Nacho is already acting out his lucha fantasy and he's just a big kid at heart when he grows up and retains that dream.

He then wants to become a luchadore for the wrong reasons (money, fame, etc). He then realizes his true purpose which is to become a luchadore, win, and provide for the orphans.

*SPOILER*

I thought it was good, not great, but good.

20. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

So it's like Napoleon Dynamite in more than just being an underdog story? Shit.