N.o.v.a aka Gamloft's clone of halo for the iphone is out

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tekkaman Blade, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was fast. These guys are like Rabbit developers. I'll check it out, Gameloft knows how to push the Iphone, as is evident by their rendition of HAWKS in comparison to Ace Combat.

edit: Yup, very very nice, and some of the best graphics/framerate I've seen on the Iphone, it really does come close to PSP. Not up to Resistance level, but who gives a crap, it's on my cell-freekin-phone and it feels like Halo.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  3. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I also recommend 7 swords 7, it's a free online multiplayer game, that is constantly being added to by the developers

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it graphical, or is it one of those MMORs on the Iphone with a list of assets? The Iphone is overpopulated with that crap

edit: Found it. Wow that looks pretty awesome! That's the major issue with Iphone. The App store never accurately reflects new releases. I was anticipating NOVA and I didn't even know it was coming out, and even if you sort by Newest Releases, it doesn't show it. It shows those other crappy shitfest games, so you have to KNOW to search for those games. I'll try this 7 swords out.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That looks pretty damn nice for the iPhone. But it does look like Halo portable, which isn't really a bad thing.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and it moves VERY smooth on a 3G, the controls are pretty slick for touch, and yeah, Copying Halo portably is not a bad thing at all. I want to try online, but I'm at work. I wish games like there supported chat over the phone's speaker and mic.

7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    7 swords seven will work over just the iphone's internet connection, and it offers type to chat during game play. If you have cydia though, be sure to turn off cydia apps like winterboard as the games takes up a lot of terminal memory.

8. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another way to see what's new is with Pandora's Box. It's a free app that is "pretty" close to up to date on new releases, but it also lets you do something that the App store should, "bookmark" games. It will also send you messages if a game you have bookmarked goes on sale, which is always nice, since prices change from one day to the other in the app store.