"Mythic Legions" by the Four Horsemen

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vasili, Mar 6, 2014.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Ironjaw looks nice (aside from the frilly fuzzy stuff.. just not a fan of that on these toys). As for Xylona... well, she will be Goddess of the Back of the Shelf, for me.

2. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    Yeah, not digging the fuzz on Ironjaw. Otherwise, he's pretty good. Xylona looks terrible. Odd proportions and lacking in color. Kind of a dud to end on, in my opinion.

3. Bigdaddymcqueen

Bigdaddymcqueen Well-Known Member

Great figures! I'm still hunting a Sir Valgard!!

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

At this point I'm thinking of now getting Ironjaw simply for his weapons and the crownless head to use on the copper armored dwarf...Xylona whom I had high hopes for will not even make my list...the cow/lamb looking head mixed with the white skin killed it for me...she simply does not look like a deer.

I thought about posting these same comments on source horsemen but it seems MANY people feel the same and have already posted their dislike of the figure.

5. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

So I just finished my backerkit survey. 4 figures, 1 Weapon pack:

- Gryshaa the Slitherer
    - Lucretia
    - King Bromden Ironjaw
    - Snagg
    - Dwarven Weapon Pack

I held back on more figures because I have a feeling we'll see a Mythic Legions 2.0 soon and I'd rather see what 4H has to offer then. I'd like a human female knight and maybe a more Rogue-ish Elven figure.

We'll see. My Dwarf collection is growing rather quickly.

6. WhiteMocha

You nailed it. I couldn't put my finger on why that milky white color on Xylona was so unpleasant... but you're right, she looks like a cow or a lamb, not a deer. And it makes the bare midriff look weird and dead-fishy. Bleah. I'm not a huge fan of this design to begin with, but a nice rich brown color and more deerlike paint on her face would at least help.

I think I might head over to SourceHorsemen and politely voice my dislike there as well, if folks are doing that. Maybe there's a chance for some alterations. It's not like complaining about it on a Transformers board will reach them.

7. defstar

defstar Autobot...

A lot of people claim it's the white skin or that the head is too big but the tall forehead imo is to blame here...deer have a slim lower profile head with larger proportioned ears.

I couldn't help myself...had to post at source horsemen... ;) 

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM
  8. WhiteMocha

Yeah... this looks so bovine. Like you said, bigger ears and more streamlined head would help. Plus (as I noted on their forum) common deer have that really trademark big black nose area, with the white bands right behind it leading into brown. Not that she has to look exactly like a deer, but this is just off.

Assuming she doesn't get changed much, I'm starting to try and think of what other alternate heads I could put on her. Maybe just one of those extra helmeted heads the come with some of the figures, or something.

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

So that was you who posted just ahead of me...looks like we are both relatively new posters there...yes I do like and agree with your nose and coloration comments...lets hope FH listens because I think this could be a really awesome figure...but if not I'll just pick a different figure from the lineup as I don't think any of the alternate heads will look right on that body.

10. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    I agree with your assessments about the head design. I think she could look better armored up more too.

11. WhiteMocha

Yeah, I went with a different forum name on there, just to mix it up a little. And I only started posting there late into this campaign, despite having been on board with this line right from the first 1.0 Kickstarter. Just never spent much time on the forums or felt the need to post before, I guess. I really only signed up so that I could vote on the fan figure.

I do feel a little awkward being a new guy throwing opinions around there, but hey, I've invested a lot in this line over the last couple of years... should be worth a bit of online nerdwhining. :) 

12. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If no changes to either Xylona's head size or the color of her skirt are forthcoming, I'm planning on swapping on the extra armored helm head from the Barbarian Builder kit, hopefully it'll work well (her neck post seems very long).

[​IMG]

13. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's probably removable like the minotaur's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WhiteMocha

That's kinda cool. The horns work well with the hooves.

As for the neck, I wonder if her neck has an extra sheath over it like the minotaurs, to get that length. If so, you might be able to just remove that part. You'd lose that green collar too, though.

EDIT: yes, like edgs2099 said. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. badlander86

Man, I think I just realized I bought more bad guys than good ones. And not by design.

First time round I got Valgrad, Orn, Carphatius and Skapular.

This time I got Gryshaa, Ironjaw (who is Evil?!), Lucretia and Snagg.

I really need to balance out the forces. Need an Elf character somewhere down the line.

16. defstar

defstar Autobot...

You couldn't swing the elf ranger now?...you can added to you original pledge amount.

17. badlander86

None of the current named Elf characters appeal to me at the moment and I guess a part of me is also hoping for a possible female dwarf in 2.5. Let's hope.