Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by awful_gollum, Aug 12, 2008.

1. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone on here ever played either of those games? They are a couple of great games made by Bungie, with the first one being released in ‘97 and the second in ‘98. I remember playing those games when I was a preteen and young teen and just simply had so much fun with them. They were my first real time strategy computer games I have ever played. :) 

Truly awesome games, pretty much everything about them was very well done. The built-in RST style 3D graphics were very good for their time, the musical score was phenomenal, and the voice acting was excellent. :D 

The game play was excellent, with how units would hack and fire at each other. I really enjoyed the realism of medieval style warfare that goes on throughout the game. There are even weather effects in the games, where wind can mess up an archers arrow fires and rain & snow can put out molotov cocktails.

The two factions of the games are of course the good guys, whom consist of the living, and the bad guys, whom consist of the undead, beasts, and the damned. To name a few units of each faction, your basic units in the games consist of armored warriors, archers, dwarves that throw molotovs, unarmored berserks (whom resemble William Wallace from Braveheart), and healers known as journeymen. The enemies you primarily face are armored zombies known as thrall that wield axes, skeletal wraiths known as soulless that throw javelins, wights (bloated undead corpses that explode upon contact), mummy-like undead warriors known as myrmidons, and fast beasts that throw things around known as ghols.

The games' story itself was well-thought out, well-written, and well-told. When I first played those games, I understood the story fairly well, but did not 100% understand it. Now that I’m older I understand it almost perfectly! Truly an original epic fantasy tale.

Overall, Myth and Myth II are simply great RST classics, and were Bungie’s finest before all that hype for Halo. Writing this makes me want to go dig out Myth right now and play through it on legendary. Once I have the time, I shall do that for that good old nostalgia feeling. :D 

I give Myth: The Fallen Lords a 10/10 and Myth II: Soulblighter a 10/10 as well.

So once again, has anyone else on here ever played either of those games?

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    All I remember of the game was throwing explosives into the aftermaths of battles and watching all the bodies getting blasted into pieces, showering the earth with the blood of the dead and staining the rivers red.

*ahem*

They were pretty cool, yeah. Stupidly hard, from what I remember too.

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, the dwarves kicked a lot of ass with their explosives! :D 

Though, the downside was they could also accidentally blow up friendly units, including themselves.:redface2: