Mysticism in the movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sevenlima, Jan 2, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    How is this supposed to convince me on anything? I can't see the logic behind this if
    A. The movie is set on Earth and supposedly Earth physics are a thing.
    B. The movie never explains the weapon and we are left to assume things, which sometimes isn't that great.

There we go... Fictional metal.

2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    The point is, Cade is not going toe to toe with Lockdown in a sword fight. He is on the ground using is alien gun/sword to stop Lockdown's blades from slicing it up. If you use it to jam the blades from coming together it doesn't matter if you have super human strength. If Lockdown's blades can't cut through Cade's alien gun/sword he is not going to get killed by it.

Yes, he is not using a steel medieval long sword. Which is why I have no problem with him blocking the Knight's attack. Like I keep saying, it's no more unbelievable than transforming robots.

3. Galvatross

Galvatross I'm a dankster! Veteran

The main type of mysticism we need in the movies are examples of Shrekcorcisms performed on robots and humans that have been possessed by the Deshrekticon Ogrelord.

4. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Since the sword problem is solved now we can talk about the Lockdown thing.

I'm confused.

You mean slicing the sword up? And Cade still using the sword to block Lockdown?

So all that pressure Lockdown has to push down against gravity with his blades is suddenly non-applicable?

5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You need to watch AoE again. Lockdown is using a scissor like weapon on Cade. Cade is preventing it from closing. He is not blocking a strike. What I meant to say was "slicing him(Cade) up"

6. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    What happened to quick reply?

I know what happened in the movie.

Rehashing the same old points found in your previous posts and not replying to questions like
    isn't gonna sway me further. You need to do more than that. And no, I don't think you cut that out due to brevity or irrelevance, I think you're afraid of the logic.

So in the end, I'll let you be stubborn. *shrugs*

7. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    No, you just don't understand what is happening in that scene.

8. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Cade was trying to save Optimus Prime during the moment he was struggling against Lockdown. Happy?

9. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Are you?

10. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    I hope I haven't ruined anything for you but I do hope you see where I'm coming from. I'm not riding a hate train just to say this.

11. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Unfortunately ck Prime he is right. There is a time Lockown tries to scissor cade and he blocks that too. But cade does actually ALSO block a knife jab by lockdown which is completely ridiculous. Look at 3:55 of this video.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Lockdown actually misses Cade there, it looks like Cade raises his sword out of reflex.

13. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Mystical powers as in humans having some sort of super natural abillities or what?

14. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

There has always been mystical powers in the movies, the Allspark being the first. Remember it has been around since before the dawn of time, as stated by Optimus himself. :) 

Agreed. Not to mention the sparks themselves. Or the Spacebridge that does work on different laws and physics than what humans knows, as stated by Sentinel. :) 

15. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When I asked, how Cybertron was moving at 1/10 speed of light in TLK, everyone said no problem, but now you are arguing to death about just milisecond moment. Even if Cade was actually blocking Lockdown weapon, are you sure that his sword wasn't intended especially for Knights' human allies to give them some unusual abilities? It look too small for TFs!

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If a mass shifting cube that could make robots by a touch of it's energy or restore a robot's body isn't mystical then I don't know what the movies could do to make something mystical for the movies.

Heck even the humans got in on the magical stuff as only magic would let you bend enough rules of physics to make a pin point rail gun shot from a ship in the Mediterranean to the Great Pyramid based on nothing but a radio description of where the target was.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    One my friend who has military education (in artillery) said, that there is nothing impossible in that. The ship was in Red sea, btw.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Atkins Diet Victim

Your friend clearly knows nothing about artillery then. You need exact coordinates or else you'll miss. And given how far the red sea is from the pyramids, any angle deviancy of even one degree would cause the gun to miss by a country mile.

And just a little history for you, but the infamous great Battleship Yamato from WWII had cannons powerful enough to fire over 15 miles - that's farther than you can actually see because of the curvature of the Earth. The Yamato would have in theory countered this by using spotter aircraft to give exact coordinates, but the ROTF Railgun had nothing more than "fire at the pyramids" (been a long time since I've seen the film but it wasn't plotting coordinates suffice to say), which the ship could not see from the Red Sea (the whole beach landing bit in ROTF notwithstanding because the water isn't that close to the pyramids), and the Red Sea is more than 15 miles from the pyramids I'm fairly sure.

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Railgun (Рельсотрон in russian) has radius of attack about 350 km. And the Red sea is close enough for this. And have you ever heard about radiotriangulation? By the way, you can learn the coordinates of Pyramids (it was the Pyramid of Khafre) even from Wikipedia. It is interesting that you say about the seeing of the target in the age of ballistic rockets.