Mystery Science Theater 3000

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus17, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Yes MST3K. I didn't find a topic about this so I decided to make one. This way all us Misties can remember and laugh about the greatest comedy show ever. I started watching this show when I was pretty young about 8 or so. Maybe even younger. My older brother watched it when he was a kid and he got me watching and I have been hooked ever since. Now I'm 18 years old and it is still one of my favorite shows of all time. I also figured that this topic would be appropriate because this year is the 20th anniversary. So what is your favorite era? Mine is the Scifi era cause that's what I grew up on and that's also why Mike is my favorite host though Joel is awesome too. What is your favorite episode(s)? Mine are Gamera, Pod People, Prince of Space, and Invasion of the Neptune Men. So discuss and enjoy.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I can't remember the episode names really. I think one was "Monster at Party Beach" where the monsters were defeated by salt. Crow kept saying "SODIUM!" over and over again :lol 

The other was some weird puppet thing named Hugo. All I can really remember, and still quote to this day, is "Back in the box Hugo!"

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I saw the entire cast from all seasons at comic con this year.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

5. Optimus17

@Tekkaman: Lucky. I wish I could of gone. I did get to see a really bad quality version of it on youtube. XD If I have money I'm going to buy the 20th Anniversary DVD pack when it comes out and that will have the panel on it.

@DevilzFan: Yes Rifftrax is awesome! I own the Reign of Fire, Eragon, Spider-man, Batman and Robin, and Jurassic Park ones. They are very funny. XD

"Who says I'm not a bird ya homo!"-Kevin Murphy-Eragon Rifftrax

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I have a few of the DVD sets and was crazy fan boy for it back when it was still on.

7. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I just watched the MST Movie today! NORMAL VIEW! NORMAL VIEW!

Don't forget the other Joel teamed riff group, Cinematic Titanic.
    Cinematic Titanic

I haven't seen any of these yet, but I'll order them if they ever get to regular stores.

And Rifftrax is lots of fun. Just ordered the Spider-Man 3 one a few days ago and will watch it tomorrow. That movie deserves to be made fun of.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

prince of space was a good one. And also Mitchell starring Joe Don Baker

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Oh wow, I didn't now Joel and the other guys where doing it to. I hope there isn't some sort of schism between the two groups.

10. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I are both huge MST3K fanatics. I spent over a year obtaining all of the episodes on DVD. My favorite era has to be with Mike Nelson, around season 8. That is when I first discovered the show on the Sci-Fi channel.

Our favorites are "Final Sacrifice", "Space Mutiny", "Death Stalker and the Warriors from Hell", "Future War", and "Puma Man".

BTW. If any of you guys live in the Illinois or Iowa region, there's a thing called Riff Raff Theater that takes place in Iowa City once a month and its basically live MST3K. Though it isn't actually done my Mike Nelson or Joel or any of those guys, the Riff Raff crew does work in cooperation with the audience and Mike and his crew over at Riff Trax so it's officially sanctioned. Long story short, I've gone to 3 of the first 4 that they have done so far and they are all awesome. We have a really great time at the shows. If anyone is interested PM me.

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I haven't seen MST3K in so long, I honestly forget pretty much all of the eps.

Rifftrax is where it's at, though. Lots of good ones, though my favorites are Daredevil and The Matrix. Those have a TON of good ones.

12. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

My favorites were: "Final Sacrifice" (ROSDOWER!), Mitchell, The Magic Sword (Basil Rathbones for your dog!), Giant Spider Invasion, Sidehackers, The Godzilla films, anything they watched by Roger Corman or Bert I Gordon and of course the Motion Picture (What this "and the rest" crap?!)

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

lol my favorite so far is the batman and robin one lol!

14. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I was able to sit through Manos: The Hands of Fate without killing myself. Everyone who accomplishes that should get like a medal or something

15. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Such a horrible movie, damnit you can't help but love Torgo. MST3K just makes watching it so much easier.

16. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I remember they did one on a show called Space Mutiny, some lame ass movie that stole stock footage from Battlestar Galatica. That was pretty bad, but yeah I love MST3K, I use to stay up late (I was like... 14) so I can watch it.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Their site has a free DL for Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone and you can buy their Speed riff on Rifftrax for about $2. I think they are working on selling them on Rifftrax now that there is IRiffs (basically viewers selling their own riffings.)

IRiff is great. So far they got 1 from Riff Raff Theater, 1 from Incognito Cinema Warriors XP, and 3 shorts from a guy on Youtube who does Fun With Shorts. The shorts are a steal at $0.75 each!

Me I LOVE all eras. I kinda like Mike a bit more than Joel. But loved the movies like Mitchell, Manos, and other Joel era films a bit better. Trace's Crow is my fave, but Bill is also hilarious. LOVE Giant Spider Invasion (PACKERS!!!!) and Werewolf. The later Sci-Fi stuff (season 8.5+) was some of the best. Soultaker, Hobgoblins, Time Chasers, Giant Spider Invasion, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, etc. Massive amount of classics in that era.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will always maintain that Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic would be hugely benefitted by having MST-style intermissions, as much as I have enjoyed some of their stuff regardless. :D 

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
  20. Optimus17

I know of Cinamatic Titanic. Unfortunately I haven't had the money to buy any of them. It would be great if Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic combined. Like Mike, Kevin, or Bill would be guests on Cinematic Titanic. Or Joel, Trace, etc.. could be guests on Rifftrax. That would be cool. Space Mutiny was a good one. "Slab Bulkhead" :D  Oh if anyone is looking for episodes to buy that aren't on DVD here is a site that I found a while ago. http://www.mst3k.org/ I haven't bought any myself but I have read a lot of the reviews and people say that they are the best quality you can find.