Mystery Possibly Solved of Corvette in TF2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I possibly may have solved the mystery of who the Corvette Concept is
    for Revenge of the Fallen,you look and tell me I'm crazy,but it looks exactly
    like Prowl from G1,hell I had been thinking there was something about that
    head and as I was making my sig,it just occured to me,not a couple of
    hours ago. So look at my sig,and go to the link below,and theres your
    proof.Prowl is the Corvette Concept.

Prowl (1984) - Autobot Military Strategist - www.tfu.info

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be very, very different for him in terms of his alt. mode (type). His name has always been associated with police vehicles (back in the 1940s). Also, it would be different with the color scheme, which is fine by me. However, from what we have seen from the first movie, anything is possible. I too would love to see him in this one since they scrapped him in the first one.

3. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't think even a passing resemblance to a G1 character is enough to definitively identify anyone in the movie universe. For all we know, this guy could just as easily be called Silverbolt as a BW homage or Stinger as the call sheets suggest.

As to the notion of it being Prowl, I'd rather Prowl remain a police vehicle of some sort (Car, Bike, Helicopter, it doesn't matter much to me). Making him the Corvette would amount to a random name reuse (and one that doesn't fit Hasbro's M.O. of attaching Prowl to any random vehicle with police roof lights). Not saying that they wouldn't do it but I don't really see it happening.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You might want to remove that image from your signature unless you want Hasbro and Paramount to unleash their lawyers on Tony Bacala.

Also, your "proof" is not nearly as solid as you believe. I can show you a "proof" that the Corvette is Depth Charge from Beast Wars.

Seriously, dozens of people have suggested multiple characters, ranging from Soundwave to Prowl to Leader-1*. All of them used the head design as "proof". So what makes you think that you got it figured out and everyone else is wrong?

* Leader-1 is a lie. But you get the idea.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I like Prowl as a police cruiser better... but still, you might never know who's the Corvette going to be. Of course, my first response to the Corvette that it might be Silverstreak or someone with "Silver" as part of his name.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Its Tracks of course, cause he always "likes to look good"

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, there we go! Tracks! He's good, and he's cool.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Proof.... right :crazy: 

9. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I agree. It could be Silverstreak,what with the Prowl head resemblance. That's the way I figured it, anyway. (I would say it could be Bluestreak too, but given the only real difference between the two is the name, I think they would probably use the name that makes more logical sense to avoid confusion among those who don't get the reference. Plus Silverstreak does have precedent--Alternators.)

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, as much as Prowl is my favorite character, I am sideing with the Tracks folks. Not only does he turn into a Vette-looking vehicle, but his head resembles Tracks A LOT. I was checking out my Tracks Alternator last night and I saw the very strong resmblance. I do with he had a face in the movie, like Jaz did, but I am not dissapointed either. He looks badass.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I just got a somewhat crazy idea. What if Prowl is a police car in the movie and he has the bot mode in question, but the leaked picture is actually semi-disinformation, that they made his robot mode with a different car in the picture than he will actually have in the movie?

12. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    Sorry about the double post, but again, pure conjecture.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That sounds awfully complicated.

And flawed.

14. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    if you think they would name a Corvette, Depth Charge, you must be crazy

That name is obviously reserved for a TF that has a marine or amphibious ALT mode

Head resemblance, other than Optimus Prime, means nothing in the Michael Bay Transformers Universe

15. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Nah man that car is HOTROD!!! Not Wheeljack, not Trax and not Prowl!!! HOTROD!!!

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going with Tracks...because he looks like Tracks in both modes.

Plus I want a new Tracks toy.

My guess though, that if it is Tracks, is that I'll end up having half a dozen different versions of him like I do with Movie Jazz. I can easily see them repainting him blue with the flame logo on the hood...infact I'm kinda sad they didn't go with that in the movie. The silver looks so bleh to me.

17. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Though I think the design would work as Tracks, nobody else sees this conflict of interest?

Corvette Bot = Tracks
    Chevy TRAX = Autobot twin

I seriously doubt they'd have a robot that shares a name (regardless of spelling) with a new vehicle Chevy would want publicized via the movie.

I'm expecting a new name (Stinger) or a somewhat appropriate to inappropriate reuse (whatever Hasbro can get the trademark to).

So, Prowl it is. ;) 

18. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    I don't think so. They may have simply "leaked" the artwork for Prowl's bot mode using the Corvette's body.

19. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, part of me would like it if he was Prowl, the other part would prefer Prowl as some kind of Police vehicle.
    Either way I think the Vette will be either Stinger, like the callsheet says, a completely different name, or *gulp* Rodimus (Hot Rod).

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think this idea of this is completely far fetched....the Robot mode in question ( The one for the Silver Corvette ) is obviously the rear of the car as his chest. The robot is also completely silver. You can tell the way his chest curves that it resemble the rear quarter panels and trunk lid/bumper/lights of the Centennial.

The only other Alt mode I see the silver robot even possibly being related to is the Audi R8 because that car is mostly silver as well. However with Audi's rounded edges I couldn't see the rear of the vehicle breaking down into such sharp and pointy edges...so I see it as highly unlikely. Where as the "Stinger" robot does in fact go with the Corvette prototype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.