Mystery of the $1 animated figs solved....... I think

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Red leader, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I was wondering where he is getting them from and then looked at the pair I received this morning, I noticed the starscreams insignia on the right wing has smudged paint and the prime has a visible stress mark on one of the flaps at the back, this leads me to believe this guy picks out the factory seconds destined for the bin and makes a profit through ebay.

We can confirm this if you other guys who have received their figs look for very minor defects

Or I could just be a conspiracy mad tool and be totally wrong :) 

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I know there's a few reports out there with Bulkheads arriving with a finger missing, but I know a completely different seller that had one that came that way, too, I think they're just easily knocked off.

You have to remember, Animated toys were supposed to debut in April, now they've been pushed back to June, so they've gone through multiple test batches and these have probably been lying in a bin of factory proofs for months now that they cant do anything with because of the delay. Still, as long as we get the benefits of it, I dont mind.

3. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

i think they are definitely coming right out of the production line/factory. Especially with which ones he always seems to have.. I refuse to give someone in china my money directly already and then add him sending second hand shit from where he works puts the final screw in that im not buying anything from that seller.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Starscream is the only one I've gotten so far, but near as I can tell, he's perfect.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Perhaps he is piecing together good ones from ones with defects, which is fine by me if he can do it right.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  7. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I'll give them my money if I can get it months earlier. They are made there anyway, it's like saying you're not going to buy them at all then really if it's the location where they are made that bothers you.

8. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I agree with that totally. I have b ought figs from the store screwed up like that before too. Hell, anyone who got a Walscream has the potential for a bad figure.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It would explain the lack of boxes, photocopied directions, small defects people are finding, and the price most of all. If it's supposed to be junk and he's getting it for free, it makes sense that he wouldn't charge a lot for them.

10. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    lol I just hope he isn't "suitcasing the stuff out. lmao Stinky Animated figs are a dead giveaway.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Pascal over at Cyb.ca said a few ideas about it, but I think the factory seconds idea is more fitting. I'll inspect my Starscream when it gets here.

12. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    But where does all those sealed pieces come from then?
    My theory is: He's a little chinese with tiny fingers screwing TF arms together all day and is leaving the factory 10 pounds heavier than he came in each day :) 
    Anyway, he's a nice guy and I bought 5 Animated figures from him already, I ain't gonna wait for retail.

13. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I Wasnt saying he isnt a good seller, I mean he gets my figs to me in double quick time and I love them it was just a theory as to how he gets so many, I dont give a hoot if he is making them as extras or pilfering them, I've got them early mwah ha ha hah

14. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I am glad he is doing it. I just wish mine would get here seeing as I ordered same time as everyone else did. :( 

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Heh... He still won't answer my inquiry. At least I can assume I'll have Starscream sometime next week.

The question is... Get a BB while he has them, or wait and see about Prowl/Lockdown?

16. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    get it before they are gone man. So we can laugh cause we dont have to wait. He'll have em soon. I made a reaquest for contact info and he contacted me, make sure when you email him to let him know you bought an item recently and what one too.