Mysterious TFC Teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by General Tekno, Mar 31, 2012.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Hmmm. If that was the case, new and even fuglier FB Bruticus add-ons are coming out tomorrow...

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Why blur something we've already seen (pccs)?

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Awwww...insert picture of you pi$$ing all over my dreams...

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't help but see Bruticus here. The right leg looks like a tank, the right arm looks Blastoff-like and I think I see two long turrets on the back.

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Pretty sure it's the WWII plane and tank limb-bots attached to PCC Bombshock (who himself looks like an homage to Onslaught with his twin cannon backpack so his silhouette does come across like Bruticus). The two-toed feet in the thumbnail looks very similar to the ones in process's promo photo with the prototype and colored limbs attached to PCC Heavytread and Bombshock.

Not that I mind since I've been looking forward to this set for a while. I've got a spare Heavytread ready and waiting for these guys since I think he looks better combined with them than Bombshock does (who I also have but I'll just combine him with some doubles of his normal drones instead).

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not into water sports. :redface2: 

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Weird coincidence that this showed up today. Was just looking through my pictures last night thinking "wow, we saw colored protos of these guys before we saw Neckbreaker or Mad Blender and they still aren't out. I wonder what's up?"

And now here he is. The delay coupled with the blur suggests to me that this bad boy may have a heretofore unseen feature.

8. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks awfully close to the PCC add ons, especially the legs & foot! :D  That's the big secret!

9. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

I don't get why they do new limbs but use the old Hasbro torso. Those Hasbro figures are a bitch to find years later(when they're any good) and you'd think they'd sell more if the companies just made all five necessary bots. It'd also probably look better. That one con pic with the WW2 PCC limbs on the two different Hasbots aren't selling me on getting them all, with the Hasbot torso being the weak link in both configurations.

Might get the blue tank, just because I think it looks cool. But imo doing the limbs and not a new torso is a waste.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thedreaded1 has a shapeways thread which has converters for PCC to Energon.

11. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing as the WWII set are designed as limbs for a PCC commander, you may get *ahem* odd scale problems.

Think of it this way - these are limbs previewed on Heavytread, who himself is very easily modded to replace Brawl on FP Bruticus...

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I don't think scale will be an issue since each new limb appears to be roughly the same size as a scout, which is what each PCC torso figure such as Heavytread is. (And like you said, Heavytread is easily modded into Brawl to replace FP Bruticus's left leg.)

I think the problem will lie more with the connectors; PCC and Energon ports are way too different from each other. The only reason Heavytread will work is because you have to somehow scavenge and attach an Energon port to him (Heavytread doesn't come with one) to fit onto Onslaught. He has a hollow space at the back of his tank mode that conveniently fits an Energon port not to mention a 3mm peg also conveniently located at the front of his tank mode so he can plug into the foot port.

Granted you could get the Shapeways custom PCC to Energon conversion port but there are no guarantees they will fit these new limb-bots in a way that looks good (either hiding the port in a convenient hollow space like Heavytread has, or the limb ending up way too long on FP Bruticus since the port may act like an extension piece). It's probably easier just to grab a Heavytread off of eBay and mod an Energon port to him yourself (it's not that difficult) if someone wants a new Brawl on their FP Bruticus. These TFC limbs are still an unknown quantity.

13. seali_me

It would be awesome if TFC blurred this only for April fools then announced a real Classics Bruticus combiner. April fools started yesterday for them.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
  15. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is obviously the PCC bots in the picture. Blatantly obvious.

Been waiting on these for awhile now. Picked up the tank PCC just for this in fact!

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  17. seali_me

Don't tell me you guys are still at it? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Stop saying Bruticus.

19. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Am seriously tempted to get 2 sets of these, once they're available for pre-order (assuming the price isnt too excruciating); they look great on either BombShock and Heavy Tread!

20. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TFC's PCC transforming scouts is what made me collect PCC figures in the first place. I believe that is what these are. And it would make sence to release them next. They were teased at the same time as Hercules. Computron was a silhouette only with no prototypes revealed.