Mysterious illness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I once experienced something similar. Varied symptoms, nothing seemed to help. Doctors didn't figure out what it was until month 8... afterwhich it was remedied quickly. I had mononucleosis.

Most people that get mono (that I have known) don't get diagnosed with it right away for whatever reason. In my case, I actually got the flu during the 3rd or 4th month, which didn't help diagnosis.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Mono's been mentioned, but as far as I know it was negative. When I went to the ER at AGH in Pittsburgh, they were supposed to test for that. Said they would call if it came back positive.

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't count on doctors or especially hospitals to call you back if something is positive, they usually won't because you will get lost in the mountains of paperwork and people

4. TheIncredibleHulk

Trip was right on the money. My mother in law works for my old doctor, which is in the same practice ss my new doctor. So I had her check my test results today, and found out I have mono. I'm pissed because there's a possibility that I could have given this to my wife and daughter. I haven't been officially told by my new doctor, apparently there's some tests that still have to come back, but I did text positive for the virus.

Every one of my symptoms match.

Mono (Infectious Mononucleosis) Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention, Causes, Signs, and Diagnosis by MedicineNet.com

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Sucks dude.I never really knew what Mono was,but at least now you know what's going on with you and can treat it properly.

6. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Damn, Hulk. Sounds like some serious stuff going on.

I don't have a lick of advice for you, unfortunately - but I wish you the best, man.

EDIT: I missed your last post. Well, at least you know what's causing it! Again...good luck!

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Sucks that you have mono, but the good thing is at least you know what it is. The good news is also that you may have gotten it from your daughter. Mono comes from strep. So she could have been a carrier and infected you. So you may have not infected them.

BTW, get a lawyer. I am serious. Sue the fucking hospital for negligence or whatever you can get. Fact is, you have been doing damage to your body with the medication. In addition you have been suffering needlessly and going through additional tests for no reason.

Most people don't sue, but you should. Hospitals are just ******ed and need to get their hand spanked for being morons. They don't think twice about over charging or changing cost on your procedures to screw you.

I had a friend who had a procedure where they were going through a artery to his heart. The item broke off in his artery and they had to do some other things as well. He got a bill for $12 million because they knew they would get sued.

With yours, at least they won't know it's coming.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

I just hope I'm not still contagious this far along

9. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Fortunately they caught it "early." I had it when I was a kid, so I don't really remember it very well except for the flu part.

10. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Dammit! They can cure mono.

I was gonna ask if I could have all your TFs if you died.

:D 

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well glad u got it figured out before it did anymore damage. My whole insides are a mess bc a mistake not 1 but 2 doctors made!

12. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Hope you get better soon. I'm sure it is a relief that you know what it is and can now treat it and get on with your life instead of wondering "what is wrong with me?"

13. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Damn, you shoulda just hulked out and healed yourself up :D 

Been there done that as an adult too. Walked out my door one morning and threw up. Came in, got water washed it off the driveway and was fine and went on my way.

About 3-4 days later I was done, glassy eyed shit, fever, 24/7 sleep. I burned for 3 weeks before the fever broke. Docs sent me to hospitals for testing and mono came back( was a good thing since no one else had a clue). Missed 2 months of work.

Shitty thing is(unless it changed since the 90's) there isnt really shit u can do other than let your body heal itself, which means sleep and rest along with associated inactivity which blows. (if u get weird readings obviously track them)

My friends would come to see me and I would pass out talking and wake up 2 hrs later on the same conversation with them laughing at me. Had fun going to the bathroom down the hallway with a fever too. Bounce off the walls on the way down and pray and sway while I pee'd that 1) I would make it in the toilet and 2) I wouldnt fall over while peeing

14. TheIncredibleHulk

I'm confused now. Stopped in to get the official results and I was told it was all negative. Doesn't make sense. All my symptoms match. I have to find out something soon, my work wants to know if there's a chance I'm contagious. I hope not, but if I am, they won't let me work.

15. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

Man. I hope they figure out what it is. When you were certain it was mono, at least you had some clarity, but now you're getting mixed signals again. Whatever the case, I wish you the best. Hope you get through this sooner than later.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A friend who just stopped talking to me like last week, so I can't ask him now. But, his bro had the same thing, the doctor told him he had mono, because he had all the symptoms, but when he got his blood results back they were all negative, but the doctor did another blood test and found it was something less severe. I really wish I could remember what it was! Some kind of infection... I can't remember what it wassssssssss. *head desk*

He blocked me on AIM, but maybe if I gave you his screen name you could ask him?

17. TheIncredibleHulk

A very large tree fell in my yard last night so I was out helping to cut and clean it up. Now I've got really sharp pains in my abdomen when I lift, pull, or push anything. Not good. One of the symptoms of mono is an enlarged spleen that can rupture with strenuous activity....

I'm laying on the couch right now, if it gets worse, I'm going to the ER

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

When it rains,it pours.....

19. TheIncredibleHulk

That's for damn sure

20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Dude, with Mono, you need to REST. If you don't all types of stuff can happen. I know it is not something you may want to hear or even do, but you have to REST!

If not, you'll just make yourself worse.