MySpace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

This morning as I was checking my e-mails; I found an e-mail from MySpace saying an account has been created. The thing is, I never made any effort to create an account with MySpace at all. Has this ever happened to anyone? I am debating if I should actually go ahead get an account created in MySpace.com. I am not too familiar with this type of internet service and would like to get input from anyone who have an account with MySpace. Thank you all in advance.

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

That sounds like a phishing scam to me. MySpace is popular enough to be the target of those, but then again it doesn't really give access to anything valuable like Paypal or a bank or even ebay.

Just to be safe, DON'T click any links in the email.

As to your question, lots of people here have MySpace pages. I don't use it very often, but it is a useful service. I've been back in contact with old friends from high school that I haven't seen or talked to in 13 years on there. The web design there is awful, and you get lots of annoying spam (note: If you get friend requests from a hot girl you don't know, it's not really a hot girl. It's someone trying to sell you something or possibly spread a virus. Deny them without looking at the profile.).

For me the good has outweighed the bad. I can pretty much just ignore the page until I get emails about friend requests or comments.

TFW2005 has a page here:
    http://www.myspace.com/tfw2005

And a Group here:
    http://groups.myspace.com/TFW2005

If you decide to join, feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Link's in my sig.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely sounds unsafe, but joining Mypsace on your own is fine. I have a Music Profile, and while not too many people bother visiting my profile to listen to my stuff, I do get a few listeners here and there. It's very good for keeping in touch with people, as stated above. There's lots of negativity about it because it's seen as an emo's paradise and all that sort of shit, also because of how popular it's become and there are plenty of people on the "I don't want to jump on that bandwagon" bandwagon :D  Blah blah blah, life is smacky, just go to myspace.com and check it out for yourself, you're the only one that can really decide whether or not you want to go for it.

4. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Thank you guys for the help. I have checked out the myspace for tfw2005 and I gotta say, it look cool. I really love the music and caught myself jamming to the awesome tunes.

5. Jess

Jess Active Member

I don't get into my space myself. Just opens a window for alot of strange people to start contacting you.

6. honestgabe

honestgabe I

like hot girls that want a deep dicking!