My Wonderfestival Winter 2007 Pics (MP-5 and Revoltech Megs)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by airfox, Mar 8, 2007.

1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Hi all.

I figure all these pics aren't "news" anymore since they're 2 weeks old, but hopefully I managed to photograph a different angle or something.

Late last year we decided to do a family trip to Japan, and scheduled it after the first week of february due to a work-related trip my brother-in-law had to make to Seattle. Then on January 3rd, my sister, her husband and me went to buy all the plane tickets (5 in total: both my parents, my sister, her husband and yours truly). The flight schedule was then set! We would be flying to Dallas on February 10th, staying there overnight, flying to Tokyo on February 11th (arriving in Japan the 12th) and then returning via Dallas on February 26th.

Of course, when I read on TFW2005 news about Binaltech Black Convoy and Wonderfestival Winter 2007 being on Tokyo on February 25th, I decided I had to go because it was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. I downloaded maps from Tokyo's subway systems and JR Lines and found out how to get to Big Sight. I also told my dad that I would be going there so - unless they wanted to see toys with me - I wasn't going to be spending that day with them. :) 

However, since the 25th was our last day in Japan, our hosts there (friends of my parents) had scheduled to take us to lunch to the Grand Hyatt at Roppongi Hills at 1:00pm. So in the end, I only had about 2 hours and 15 minutes to be on Wonderfestival, figuring it would take me 45 minutes to go from Big Sight to Roppongi Station.

I arrived around 9:50 on Big Sight showing how much of a rookie I am on Japanese Conventions and Festivals, because the line was longer than anything I've ever seen.... and I've been to 8 Transformers related conventions! There was more people there than on Disney World during summer!

Long story short, I bought my guidebook (it acted as the admission ticket), I got in line (almost 6 blocks!) and hoped for the best. I managed to get into the convention hall around 10:40, so I decided to stay there until 12:30 and see as much as I could.

Of course, my first mission was to go to the TakaraTomy booth in order to attempt buying Binaltech Black Convoy and take some pics of upcoming TF products. Here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    (I was able to see the Fuji from the Yurikamome line train)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (As I said ... the line was long)

TakaraTomy booth:
    [​IMG]
    (Black Convoy's line wasn't so long)

[​IMG]

-airfox

2. airfox

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-airfox

3. airfox

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I had luck with Black Convoy, because around 15 to 30 minutes later, it was sold out:

[​IMG]

After TakaraTomy, I went to see Kaiyodo's Revoltech booth:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-airfox

4. airfox

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

And I don't remember which company was this, but Mazinger, Great Mazinger and Grandizer looked cool so there you have it:

[​IMG]

I took some other non-robot pics, including the pic of a naked Street Fighter's Chun-Li figure just to show the wacky stuff that was there ... or just to show how tame Kissplay really is compared to the crazy stuff you can find in Japan. But I shouldn't post that here. ;) 

All in all the experience was great. I wish I had more time to see more, but still it was great. In fact, the whole 2 weeks in Japan was a great experience. I'd love to go again. :) 

Let me close by showing the trip's TF haul. Thanks to information from fellow tfw2005ers I was able to use the DPCI number and get me a Classics Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp on Irving's Target. I also found there (or in a Wal*Mart) wave 1 of the Classics Mini-cons, 3 inch Titanium Bumblebee and Hightail. In Japan I found the latest wave of SWTF (Sith Fighter Vader and ARC-170 painted Clone) on Yamashiroya Store in Ueno, Revoltech Convoy and Magnus on Kiddyland in Harajuku, and Black Convoy on Wonderfestival. I also decided to get Atari x Autolooper to complete the Kissplay portion of the collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-airfox

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Nice pics...What a great experience!

How much in US funds did the Nem Convoy Cost?

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Very cool pics! I can't wait for MP and Revoltech Megs...between those two and that badass scary Leader-class movie toy 2007 is definitely the year of Megatron to me!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Old pics, atleast of the BW guys and MP05.

Still want those BW figs, but they're so God damn expensive!

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Dude, stop showing me pictures of Masterpiece Megatron.

It makes me want to buy him.

And how did you take your pictures in July and August when its March.
    (I know the timestamp has the date first. I am joking.)

9. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    That looks like a great show!Thanks for the pics :) 

10. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Thanks for the pics! Man I am really feeling my CC burn for the MPC Megatron!

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    And don't forget War Within Megatron! I know his alt mode is still up for debate since we don't know for sure yet if it's transformed correctly in the pics we've seen, but there's no denying that his bot mode is still one of the coolest renditions of Meg's we've seen.

12. airfox

News Credits:
    I paid the convention price ... 6500 yens. About USD$54.

I figured. But I haven't been connecting to the Internet until yesterday when my vacation time was over. Besides, I was sure that better pics were posted probably on the 25th itself.

You should help me get updated on the TF related news I haven't seen. I haven't visited the boards since February 10th, so I've missed all news from that date on, including Toyfair 2007 news. I'm still trying to catch up. ;) 

:lol 

:lol 

You crazy americans with your month/day/year format of writing the dates. Everybody knows that the correct way is day/month/year (at least in spanish-speaking countries). It's all the more evident because 1 day < 1 month < 1 year. :p 

It was crazy! There were moments when it was so crowded, it was impossible to walk. I liked it a lot. :p 

-airfox

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder! Woot!