Customs: my wip rotf prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by richxy, May 5, 2011.

1. richxy

richxy Member

thought id share somepics o my prime im doing, this is my very first custom kit bash, so im stilll learning

basically im turning him into a nemesis prime, still thinking on colour scheme at the miunte though

i want to fit leds into headlights and tail lights, and ive already changed his eye led over , i will also be running on a 9v battery, as i had to cut thebattery pack out inside to dismantle the torso so i can take the stupid speaker out and remove the wires for the chest led

so far im working on the legs running the wires through, very hard task considering they dont come apart

anyhow some pics, not many as its taking so long to do and i only do a couple of hours a night

first of all the head led which is now red

[​IMG]
    removed chest wires

[​IMG]

testing to check it works

[​IMG]

whats left of rotf and a 2007 l/c prime

[​IMG]

becuase the battery pack holds some of the head mechanism these will now be bonded in and the mech wont be spring loaded up and down anymore, so ive epoxied the rear arm clips in to stop them falling out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

torso in pieces

[​IMG]

ill be using 2 of these switches, one wherethe original one is just got to open out the whole and nother next to it on right hand side, one will do the head led and the other will do the lights in truck mode

[​IMG]

wiring through thelegs, is a complete pain as i carnt getthem apart soits gona be a lot of masking up when it comes to paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

had to do some trimming inside so the wires ran as smotth as possible

[​IMG]

i did the feet side a few days ago but the wiring will be replaced as it ws too thick, but had to do some trimming to get the wires there, still need more work for when the leds are in place so when in bot mode they fold flat still

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rear lights have been drilled out, just need to clean them up and expoxy the leds in

[​IMG]

and i picked this up today locally at a bargain, so imay do a eveil jetfire togo with prime, ive also found some coll stuff in my dads shed im going to use to make a weapon out of but this will be done nearer the end

[​IMG]

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Wow, very ambitious for your first custom! It's pretty cool to see Prime all disassembled...

3. BumphGb

BumphGb Active Member

Looks like you had to get through quite a few take-aways to get all those tubs to store his parts in! Good luck with this fella I'm interested to see how it turns out.

4. richxy

richxy Member

i like challenges, but compared to most that are on here this will be very basic as im still learning, i wouldnt even attempt or know where to start compared to some prjects on here especially the combiners that people do

ive done a bit more tonight on the wiring for the leg, this took some working out on how to run the wires through but also allow the legs tomove aswell, so what i did is put slots in the joints so the cables move freely inside, the legs will now be joined at the waist with expoxy glue, but the fitting is that tight it should hold up without a screw holding it anyhow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. richxy

richxy Member

just done a couple bits of painting, mainly where the arm connectors so its black behind so i can put these pins back in tomorrow now, and some torso parts, ive sanded the autobot symbol off aswell and the grill will be srayed with chrome paint hopefully lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. richxy

richxy Member

well i couldnt rssis and had to try this chrome paint out from alclad,its not bad, id wanted to use a company called spazstix but couldnt get hold of them so went with this, ive ut primes head next to it to show some sort of reflection but its the grill and underneath part so wont be that much reflection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good. Hope that yours gets finished unlike mine sitting here, lol. However, why did you sand the symbol off the abdomin piece?

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Talk about getting your feet wet with a custom :lol 

Welcome to Radicons :D 

9. richxy

richxy Member

because the way i see it nemesis prime is a decepticon, i was going to leave it on but thought id get rid of it instead

10. richxy

richxy Member

done a little bit more today

got the led wired up and glued into the headlight, being as im going nemesis prime why not have red headlights, finished modding all the plastic for wires to run through aswell and put it all back together, except ive got to change one joint as ive used the other side leg lol, luckily its just a couple of screws to change over

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just got to fill in the pack an put it back to shape with some putty now

[​IMG]

leg extended in truck mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in robot mode, you can see where the wire runs through the top into his calf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and where the wires come out to go into the waist

[​IMG]

ive also soldered wires onto my switches and bonded them in with epxoy and a hot glue gun, so thebattery pack is almost ready

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next job is the other leg

11. richxy

richxy Member

not happy today, got theother leg finished only to realise the leds they supplied arnt as bright as the other one i fitted

so got to cut it all out and start again