My wierd idea for a combiner based line.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I was thinking of a new line, where the combiners are more "standard", and it actually continues off of PCC. There would be elements of Energon included as well!

There would be multiple types and sizes of combiners. The ports would be color coded, and these codes would be used on the back of the toy. Toys of the same color all interact. Just like Energon.

Armorizing Legion: Transform into vehicle, robot, and limb. (Limbs connect to Commanding Scouts). Each can be arm or leg. Use PCC ports.

Commanding Scout: Transform into torsos for Armorizing Legions. Use PCC plugs.
    Armorizing Scout: Transform into limbs for Commanding Deluxes. Use FOC Bruticus ports.
    Hybrid Scout: For toys that can handle it, some are limbs and torsos.
    Dual Scout: Includes two small robots that combine Energon Autobot style, and can also be a torso. Use PCC plugs.
    Hybrid Dual Scout: Combines the Dual and Hybrid ideas = torso or limb.

Commanding Deluxe: Transforms into a torso for Armorizing Scouts. Use FOC Bruticus plugs.
    Armorizing Deluxe: Turns into a limb for a Commading Voyager. Use FOC Bruticus ports.
    Hybrid Deluxe: Turn into limbs and torsos.
    Dual Deluxe: Includes two smaller robots that combine and can also form a large torso.
    Hybrid Dual Deluxe: Combines Hybrid and dual. Two robots = torso or limb.

Commanding Voyager: Transform into a torso for Armorizing Deluxes. Use FOC Bruticus plugs. This class includes the big guys like Optimus and Megatron.
    Dual Voyager: Two smaller robots combine to form a torso.

Edit: There is another layer of "gimmickry" on top of the combining. Voyagers have something like the Powerizers, but the lights are within the arms instead of in stupid spring loaded weapons. They light up translucent weapons included with the Deluxes and themselves, as well as translucent pieces that are within the Armorizing figures (The Commanders and Deluxes that bond to the Voyagers.)

Energon was my favourite line growing up because every toy made the other one you got better. I'd love it if Hasbro went for a gimmick like this, instead of cruddy things like MechTech. My idea is a little complicated, yes, but it's partially based on things like Mugenbine, where everything you get makes everything else better and more awesome. Perhaps they could all have a unified port that they use, but Legions may be too small to handle the ratchets, so adapters could be included on some toys.

The weapons can combine and light up when attached to the larger toys. Some toys may include Headmasters as alternate heads for combined mode, as well as Targetmasters.

The fiction would have mainly new characters, like PCC did.

One group of characters I came up with were Port and Starboard, a Twin Autobot Mini-con sailors. Port is a Headmaster, and Starboard is a Targetmaster. Their Transtector, the Waverider, can turn into a torso or a speedboat.

Their nemeses are the pair Bow and Stern, a similar idea, but Decepticons. Their Transtector is a Battleship. It has gimmicks that can be activated by Mini-cons.

I was thinking the line could be called Transformers: Infinity.

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I'd prefer regular combiners or anything remotely related to Energon.

3. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd honestly settle for any kid of Combiner exclusive line. I wish hasbro would hear our want for this. But, bruticus is proof that they noticed, I guess.

4. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Huh. That's actually a pretty cool idea.

5. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I think that could actually work... Maybe kinda like Energon 2.0... Good idea!

6. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    brilliant

7. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I like your idea! But then again, I'm a sucker for combiners. The problem is that they have to be done right though. PCC was good, but the combined modes needed a little work. And the idea for FOC Bruticus is great, but the execution seems a bit off. The energon combiners were good, but they all had derpy hands and feet that didn't seem to finish them off right. My Superion ended up getting a home made limb kit just to make it look decent. I think the combiner is only as good as its proportions, you can't just throw 5 or 6 bots together and call it a gestalt. I'd like the OP's idea, as long as Hasbro doesn't gimmick it to death...

8. Kaymac

I was thinking each figure would have some kind of gimmick on top of the combining, such as Cyber Keys, Mini-Cons, Targetmasters, Lights and Sounds, etc. Lights and sounds would be reserved for the bigger figures, and actually be integrated, rather than having them use those lame-ass Powerizer weapons.

The torso would always be a bigger size class than the limbs, like older combiners. I find it works better that way and their arms don't hang past their knees.

9. Cortexitron

Yeah, that sounds like something I could get into!!

10. Kaymac

I told someone and they said I should pitch it to Hasbro. I don't have any idea how to do that that won't just get me ignored.

I don't think there would be fiction to go along with it, it would just be a lot of cool toys that all interact.

I was thinking there could also be Mini-con three packs, that are similar to the new Arms Micron toys. They turn into weapons for the bigger toys.

I was thinking maybe every single figure in Deluxe and Commander class can be a limb or a torso, but I don't know how that would work engineering wise. Commanders and Deluxes would use the same ports, so if you want big long arms and tiny legs, you can do that. Or if you want short arms and long legs, you can do that too. You can have a Commander with deluxes for limbs if you want! Small body with long limbs. I think if they all had waist joints those could work as knee and elbow tilts. Also, the Combiner heads would be Headmasters, so the head does something, and isn't just "combiner kibble".

Legions would have their own ports, just a peg rather than a ratchet. If you want to combine them to a Commander, there could be adapters. These adapters can become a weapon, so they are dual purpose. Everything in this line serves a double purpose, a triple purpose, or quadruple purpose. XD

So it all boils down to this:
    *Everybody can be a limb.
    *Everybody can be a torso as well.
    *Some toys may be able to combine like the Energon Autobots.
    *Toys will include adapters for use with other ports. These adapters can turn into weapons or armor when not in use.
    *Toys will include transparent weapons. These may be the same pieces as adapters, or something else entirely. These are for use with the light up arms on Voyagers.
    *Voyagers will light up. They can become torsos for Deluxes and Commanders.
    *Certain groups of toys will have similar colored detailing. When combined, they have that part of their scheme unified, so the colors aren't entirely jumbled.
    *Characters may be "elemental", (ice, forest, water, fire, etc.)

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    You made me want to mess with Cybertron Wing Saber and Optimus Prime.

12. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Nice idea, and FOC Bruticus seems to follow some of these ideas, ie either arm or leg.

The only thing I would say is bring it down in terms of scale. Meaning pick a set of size classes and work from there.

13. Kaymac

I made myself want to mess with Energon toys. XD

Energon was a pretty extraordinary line for it's time, going for the gusto like that. I wish Hasbro would make another line like it. That was an actually COOL gimmick. Now he get stupid spring loaded weapon bullshit, and dumbed down Leaders.

14. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Cool idea! Like your second idea better. Having limbs AND torsos AND some that are both can get quite confusing, especially for parents. Maybe with some more planning, everything can be used to combine with everything.

All figures should have ports and plugs the same size. Don't know how big they'd have to be. Smaller than a PCC port/plug, if you want legions to be included...

Legions; only have a port. Can't combine with other legions.
    Commanders, deluxes and voyagers; have 4 plugs and one port. Can be a torso or a limb.

Combinations you could make;
    Legion limbs & Commander torso
    Legion limbs & Deluxe torso
    Legion Limbs & Voyager torso

Commander limbs & Commander torso
    Commander limbs & Deluxe torso
    Commander limbs & Voyager torso

Deluxe limbs & Commander torso
    Deluxe limbs & Deluxe torso
    Deluxe limbs & Voyager torso

Voyager limbs & Commander torso
    Voyager limbs & Deluxe torso
    Voyager limbs & Voyager torso

Some of these combinations could work (same limb-size as torso-size or limb-size + one-size-bigger-torso), some would be just for pure fun and ridicule (legion limbs on a voyager torso...).

15. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Nice idea but arm,leg,torso,robot, alt? There are going to be some big compromised made there.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Legion scale - PCC drone replacements is worth doing as the World War II related ones proove

17. Kaymac

I think that just doing Scouts and Deluxes would prove the most feasible. Legions might be too small to incorporate the kind of intricacy I want, but Movie Devy proves that Legion combiners can be done.

18. Cortexitron

I agree, it may be tough to have so many modes and have them look good at the same time. My first thought on this was to give a specific combiner alt mode to each of the different size classes.

Voyagers as torsos
    Deluxes as limbs
    Commanders as combiner weapons
    Legion as weapons for the voyagers, or as the heads for the combiner.

Kaymac has put allot more thought into it though, almost to the point where you could start thinking up some fiction to go with it...

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Sounds good, however, I doubt it would happen, as Hasbro would prefer gestalts that are special teams/Scramble City types

20. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

This could be incredible, I could see it be used for an anniversary line.