My wear collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Roook, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

agh meant to say 'My WEAK collection'

I used to collect G1 toys when I was a kid in the 80s. They were my favorite thing.

Recently with the movie I've gotten all nostalgic and started buying some up again. Started in January or so this year and this is what I have so far

[​IMG]
    Animated

[​IMG]
    Movie Autobots

[​IMG]
    Movie Decepticons

I have to say I'm very impressed by how far along Transformers have come since I was a kid. The transformations are amazing, if complicated. I have to say my favorite movie ones are Movie Optimus (for his awesome Transformation and look) and Movie Bumblebee (he's so poseable)

The Animated line is great. I love Grimlock also. And even though I was really hesitant about Animated Optimus, I think he's awesome also. I can't wait to pick him up in Leader class and Ultra Magnus (and Swoop and Jazz and Oil Slick)

2. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

I like seeing small, yet humble collections like these. Though your collection may seem small for now, what you have for now are some very nice figures. Hope to see it grow in the near future.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice collection.. my collection is almost the same, though i have all the autobots n decepticons that appear in the movie and no more, and most of them premium series...and about 7 animated.. thats it. very similar to urs. i agree about the animated figures..when u think that its a cartoon n stuff, u dont really expect such good figures, they transform beautifully..and the animated series itself is great...good stories..i like it better than G1 persoanlly (got tired of G1 after the first 10 episdoes which had pretty much the same story)

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    oh, and just a suggestion...try looking out for animated leader megs.. i personally like his alt mode in leader class a lot better

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Cool. How do you like movie Arcee? Poseability, transforming, is it a must have or just a nice toy?

6. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

You know, stupid me saw Megatron online and thought he looked awesome, so when I saw him in a store I snatched him up. I missed the first few episodes of Animated and didn't realize there were TWO of them. So I got the wrong one. lol. I definitely want the Leader one. This one is kind of hard to stand up with his huge gun weighing him down. I am having the worst time finding any more Transformers though. The two Targets I usually go to haven't been restocking their shelves. I'm going to Toys 'R' Us tomorrow though and hoping they have some Leader classes or at least some others like Oil Slick or Jazz on the shelves.

I sort of like Arcee. I just have her in bike mode right now. I have a hard time getting her crossbow thing to stay on her arm, and I personally do NOT like her head. She has weird robot hair. But she poses a lot like Blackarachnia.

I can't wait for animated Arcee to come out. My 10 year old self had a crush on Arcee when I saw her in the movie the first time. haha.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, the leader class megs is better....good luck finding him, shouldnt be too hard to get...wave 3 hasnt really hit stores in singapore yet, so ive not seen jazz yet....i really wanna get jazz n soundwave...thats about all i want from the animated collection, really :D 

8. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

Nice start :O) I remember buying my first Transformer since I was a kid. I bought the TRU reissue Soundwave. The memories it brought back... Then it was like a avalanche after that. Thanks for posting it is nice to see all kinds of collections big and small. :O)

9. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice collection. Keep them coming.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    and okkkkkk, i want grimlock...lol. though i found his voice on the cartoon to be very annoying :D  the figure looks great..i initially thought of skipping the dinobots....but i changed my mind :D 

11. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

He's really great. With a lot of Transformers I prefer to keep them in robot mode because their alt mode looks like just a car, or just a plane or something, and isn't really poseable. With him though, both modes look great so I keep switching him back and forth.

There's a big gap in his chest I don't like, but one thing that really got me was how his transformation is just like his G1 character's, and he was one of my favorite toys as a kid. So I had a serious nostalgia fit when I was transforming him without the instructions because I remembered it all from over 20 years ago!

I am getting really frustrated with getting new ones though. The two Targets I go to haven't stocked their shelves in weeks. It's weird though because they have tons of Grimlocks and Lockdowns. So I finally made a trek to Toys 'R Us, hyped for a huge Transformers spree, and they only had one Leader (Bulkhead, but I really want Ultra Magnus) and Black Arachnias and Ratchets.

They did have the Darth Vader Death Star transformer though, which made me drool, and Prowl from the Universe line who was reeaaally tempting.

I ended up getting Ratchet, and then also saw a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver on clearance I couldn't resist.

I like Ratchet but he looks kind of sad. haha. And I have him posed right next to Lockdown which probably isn't going to cheer him up much. :p 

darn can't find my camera. I'll post a pic up later

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too, makes me feel like my collection is giant. jk, that's a great start as well as a nice stand alone collection. Remember, it's quality, not quantity that matters.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, i got grimlock today...he's great..agreed, both modes look supercool..
    i like looking at small collections too, to remind me that mine isnt the smallest in the world :D 

14. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

haha some of the collections on here just floor me in how huge they are. I would need a whole day just to look at them all. They are really amazing. I go through the pictures and see how many I recognize.

I meant to just buy a few movie ones, and in the first or second one I got I saw an ad for Transformers:Animated and I was like 'what is this?' and I started watching it and got drawn into those.

Now next thing I know I'm shopping Target for not only Transformers, but a book shelf or something just so I can display them all. They've cleaned out one of my shelves and now I'm about to clear off another one.

My roommate teases me but I don't care. heh.

15. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

WalMart ftw! After three disappointing Target trips and a lame Toys r Us experience I was talked into going to Walmart today and picked up these two guys

[​IMG]

I'm savoring them in their packages right now. They also had Jazz who I almost grabbed. And a Leader class megatron (I'm getting laid off at the end of the week so am not getting anything too expensive now). I was amazed by the sheer size of Optimus Prime though. Wow he's huge. I am not sure I'll pick him up now. He looks awesome but dang.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, some collections are too big :D  and some people just take pics of an entire bookcase filled with 100s of figures and it just overwhelms u, u cant even make out some of the figures..i dont like those pics at least...though i gotta admit those collections are great

17. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    I WANT SOUNDWAVE!!!! lol..and jazz too..damn, i wish i was at that store...
    i got leader megs, i say he's worth saving up for :D  i thought of just saying im done now, with my 10 animated figures..but i need these two :D  nice find

18. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

Leader Megs looks really awesome. But I have a reason to wait for him now that I saw the new redeco version of him from the comic-con pics here. It's something like 'Dark Blade Leader Megatron' and he looks awesome.

Really though I am majorly holding out for Ultra Magnus. I never really liked Ultra Magnus in G1, but I love his big 'Judge' look with a giant hammer and stuff.

19. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHA!
    [​IMG]

I have to say, I was set to not like this figure from the start. I hate Scions, I think it's an ugly blocky car for him to turn into, and I did not like his character in the show. But the Laserbeak who turns into a guitar totally makes this worth every penny. I love it! I need to see how many different poses I can get this into, and which other figures can hold it in a realistic way.

Now I just need a microphone for megs, a bass for Blackarachnia, a drumset for Starscream, and a piano for Lockdown.

20. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Oilslick on Drums!(just use his canisters)