My wardrobe

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thunderchild, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I give to you (for discussion) my transformer specific wardrobe... do tell me what you think. First and for most is my incomplete Autobot tattoo as seen in my avatar. What do you think?

Second I give you my "DJ Soundwave" T-Shirt:
    [​IMG]
    That's Soundwave on a pair o turn tables, it's hard to see the rest, but Ravage is sitting on one of the decks with a record in his mouth, and Laserbeak is flying over Soundwave's shoulder wiith the headphone plug in his beak. What do you think?

2. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! Did you design the shirt? Got me thinking of a tatoo myself.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    cool t-shirt and tattoo! :) 

4. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I got that same t-shirt from Hot Topic a while ago, it's pretty awesome!

5. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    Soundwave mixing it up is awesome.

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Anodythe, transformer tats are hit & miss because basically straight lines and flat colour are quite difficult to do on wobbly skin.

if you're really unlucky you'll end up with something like this (not mine, i hasten to add!)
    [​IMG]
    clearly that was drawn by a blind crackhead with Parkinsons, but make double-certain you're going to a great tattooist before you decide to take the plunge therwise you're looking at an expensive coverup at some point. imo you're better off going for something more like...
    [​IMG]
    which was done by the guy who does mine, but again isn't mine. since it's half-done you can see the difference between the shaded and unshaded areas - see how the line on the front of SW's leg has puckered, but shading kinda hides any variance in the lines? (plus it's on the back of somebody's thigh which can only be a nightmare to tattoo!)

7. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

ryanj: That Soundwave tattoo is really quite nice!! Decepticon one, however, not so much. I am just starting to get work on my Sunstorm tattoo, I'll post pictures in the tattoo thread soon.

Thunderchild: Since when is one t-shirt considered a wardrobe??!! I was actually expecting multiple pictures featuring multiple garments!!

End of Line

8. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Thunderchild: Since when is one t-shirt considered a wardrobe??!! I was actually expecting multiple pictures featuring multiple garments!!

End of Line[/QUOTE]

Maybe he has only one shirt? If I could only have one shirt, that would be it.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

garments? multiple? you're such a girl. :p 

10. Thunderchild

Sounds like someone drank there haterade today. I kid the fact that you used 'garments' makes you A-OK in my book, but seriously I started this THREAD so that I could post multiple pix at my own pace... trust me I have plenty more.

And no Anodythe... that is not my design (I wish). Most of my TF stuff either came from Hot Topic, Anchor Blue, or Urban Outfitters

The tattoo is obviously an Autobot symbol, though it's hard to see in the pic, because the tat was fresh and still healing I used the Decepticon colors mostly blue and purple... but now that it's fully healed I need to go back and get it touched up, make the colors really pop. But I'm pretty happy with the lining and shading.

11. spikex

Whew! I'm glad I was quoting thunderchild when you quoted me. Otherwise I might be a girl.

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

A real man owns exactly one dressing gown, three tshirts and upto two pairs of jeans. Socks and pants exist unmatched and in unquantifiable numbers.

Any less and he is a smelly slovenly layabout, any more and he is a preening fop.

13. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

That's some quite nice tatoos.
    Im considering getting an autobot insignia on my left shoulder..
    Hmm..

14. Thunderchild

What about those of us that possess the legendary "Gay Gene". The magical gene that makes us naturally blessed with skills in the areas of fashion design, interior design, hair styling and things of that nature... are we then exempt from the 'real mans' dressing quota?

15. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Haterade??!! I supposed that is a play on words, one that combines the word 'Hate' and the sports drink 'Gatorade'? Like a gestalt, only more gay.
    I think it was mostly because you didn't mention anything about posting more pictures at a later date. And you have an Autobot tattoo and I have a Decepticon one. We're enemies.

Actually spikex, ryanj was quoting you misquoting me and therefor we are both exempt for his tongue in cheek name callings.
    If the two of us formed a more giant, more powerful robot we could call it Gayter Hater...and we could smite him?

End of Line

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

That's one awesome Soundwave t-shirt. I should see about getting myself one.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Cool shirt, bro.

18. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The T-shirt's based on this poster:

[​IMG]

19. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

You are allowed a silk dressing gown in place of the towling one. And two extra tshirts. You also gain the ability to own 'product' without sheepishly claiming it was an unwanted xmas present.

Although these rules aren't immutable - for example I like to offset my glamorous shoulder-length hair of a hollywood starlet, tailored shirts against my dirty tramp-beard and crudely drawn tattoos.

20. spikex

Originally posted by Rhapsody Prime:
    Actually spikex, ryanj was quoting you misquoting me and therefor we are both exempt for his tongue in cheek name callings.
    If the two of us formed a more giant, more powerful robot we could call it Gayter Hater...and we could smite him?

End of Line[/QUOTE]

lol, with our powers combined, let the smiting begin.
    Sorry bout the misquote. Quoting people can be a little facked with the iPhone.