my walmart blew it!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nicksteele66, May 23, 2011.

1. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

Stopped in at walmart yesterday, they have everything ready for DOTM figures, the plannagram is taped to the peg board with a hand written note "be finished 5-20-11" NOTHIN'. guess whoever was working that isle was afraid of the rapture on the 21st and just left it.

2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 of my local W*Ms were the same way: one didn't put DOTM until morning of 20th, another was just putting them out at 5pm on the 21st.

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    My local wal mart is the same way. If the stuff isn't up today, I'm gonna speak to their manager because that is completely unsatisfactory. They're losing money by not putting the toys out, it's just laziness.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    That's kinda' funny bc I have a Target here in town that did that.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I haven't been to my Wal-Mart since I know they don't have them yet. XD

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    My buddy works at Walmart, says they've got plenty out and have since the street date.

Target I work at is the same, though it took as a while to finally get deluxes on the pegs (no Crankcase sadly).

7. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Walmart I work at completely over ordered the first two waves. The action figure aisle is pretty much nothing but DOTM with a couple random pegs of other toy lines in between. Plus there are 3 endcaps filled with DOTM stuff.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    There's little enforcement of "street dates" in retail-land when it comes to anything other than media (books, DVDs, software), so unless it's perceived by the store Manager (or their superiors) as a "hot" item, something like Toys will just be treated as any other reset.

Some stores will execute with accuracy and urgency....others not so much :lol 

Toys are often pretty low on the priority chain for a lot of merchants, except at Xmas time...

D/L

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I love how the reverse of that works though, "Even though you found a case of these on the floor, we can't sell it until the 16th. Try back near the end of the month and MAYBE we will have the product out."

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ^how dare we try and not get fined?

You realize that just because something is on the floor we don't have to sell it to you right? And in some cases, we outright can't (such as if electronics wind up on the floor early). Same thing goes with an item being in an incorrect location with a lower price tag, we don't have to give it to you for anything but the item's actual price.

11. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I showed up at a local Target on Monday, and they did not even have a single Transformer on their shelves. Not an ROTF toy, not an HFTD toy, not even a PCC. Even the section with the header Transformers, had Star Wars figures and the tags for them.

I had an associate ask if I could be helped, I wondered where the Transformers were as they were supposed to be released today. 20 minutes later a girl came with all of the boxes for Wave 1 and opened them all in font of me.

12. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    As a retail professional, I appreiate it when a retailer plays by the street-date rules, especially for an odd-ball product like TFs, but what annoys ME is when a non-dated product hits the floor, but the morons have not received it properly, and resultantly it won't ring up at the register, and then the chashier and/or manager refuses to sell it.

If is IS a saleable product, you really SHOULDN'T let your own systemic incompetence prevent me from GIVING you MONEY in EXCHANGE for PRODUCT. It's kind of the reason your building is standing there. My company would never let a customer walk out of the building without their desired merch (let alone TELL them they can't have it!) if it was saleable product.

Wal*Mart has been the WORST offender in this regard (though some of their cashiers handle it well! And I love them!), with K-mart following close behind...

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ^honestly have never seen something like that happen, can definitely understand the frustration though.

'nother reason I was doing what I could to enforce the street date on the DotM stuff, I just plain wanted it so everyone got their fair shot at the product when the day finally did come. Not very fair to the other collectors or, more importantly, the kids that there's no product to but on the shelves because some scalper or some hardcore came in and had everything pulled from the back well before it was meant to go out.

Hell I could've easily gotten anything I wanted from the first couple waves at any point really before the street date, just grabbed it from the back, but that just seemed kinda wrong to me.

14. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    One retail professional to another, let me say that I really appreciate your philosophy and your effort! I'm sure your customers do too!

D/L

15. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Thank you, my point EXACTLY. Stores are adament about not selling before a street date yet are incompetent about adhering to it. Good to know that the white knights of street dating are still riding high though. Don't want to get fined? DON'T PUT THE SHIT OUT.

16. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    i have 2 great packed walmarts near me

17. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    State St. ?