My Wal-Mart Transformer adventure...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

So I went to WM this morning with my wife and two girls.

My wife and my youngest went off to get groceries, while my oldest and I went to the toy aisle.

The local TRU and Target have reset with tons of new TFs, but I doubted this WM would have anything. Upon arriving to the aisle, I see it's been hit pretty hard, with a few HTFD deluxes and two WFC Bumblebees.

Then I see him: Banzaitron! But what excites me more than that is the fact that, if he's out, so too must be...BATTLE BLADES PRIME!

Sure enough, there he is, behind Banzaitron. And he's the only one in the store and, as far as I know, in our city.

I have some of my "personal" stash of cash, but it's in my car and we're in my wife's. So...I do something I'd not done in years.

My daughter and I headed to the trash can section so I could get a trash can for my classroom, and then I thought, "Okay, no way the wife will let me get him, and they won't hold him in customer service. So I'll have to hide him."

I put him in a trash can at the back of the bottom shelf, then put a few more cans in front of that one.

I was back in a half hour on my own, and he was still there!

As you can tell, I've been eagerly awaiting this guy and had no idea he was out in my area.

Thought you guys would enjoy and appreciate this story!

2. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Too funny. I think we've all tried that at least once, glad you pulled it off. Its fair, you had dibs.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That's an awesome story.

Clever hiding spot, I always hide something behind other toys.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like something I would do. :lol  If I go to the toy aisle and there is only one left of an item, I grip onto it for dear life. And if I have to go to the restroom I hide it somewhere around the restrooms.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This! really the natureboy hit it on the head for what i do.

6. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    LOL. Interesting story. For a moment, I thought you put it in some random trash can, and I was like WTF! I remeber, back when Armada was out, me and my Dad searching high and low for Jetfire. We found him, but he was like "Lets try another store, and if we can't fiind him, we'll come back" I was relieved that it was still there after he hid it.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    If you do that, why not just free it of it's prison and stick it under your shirt?

Act casual......

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats on the score!

One time I found a Legends Devastator at a Wal*mart, and a friend of mine on here was looking for one. Unsure of whether or not my friend found one at the time I did, I hid it. I called him, left a voicemail that I'd found it, and he called me back saying that he did still hadn't found one yet. So I returned to the Wal*mart where I hid the Devy, and it was still there, many hours later.

I hid it in the one place that I figured a TF toy collector would probably not look - behind the child's puzzles. :) 

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    never do i look there hahah ^

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, I thought you were going to shoplift :lol . Glad you didn't break the law and that was a great story.

11. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

I remember when I epically failed at the same thing: I tried to hide a Universe Vector Prime behind Animated figures (this was when ROTF started hitting the shelves) and it was gone the next day :( 

But I did the same thing with other figures, and succeeded.

Congrats dude!

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's what i call the perfect crime.

Great job Excelsior Prime. :thumb 

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I hide stuff all the time.You gotta do what you gotta do.
    I've discovered this is also a great way to avoid a temper tantrum with your kids.If they find a toy that they really want,but you have no intentions of getting it for them.Just tell them that you don't have enough money and that you will hide it and then get it the next time you're there.Usually it works and they totally forget about it.Now it's to the point where my son just asks me if we can hide this for later.

14. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

That's a really awesome story, man. :lol 

Reminds me of the time I hid a Generations Thrust behind a few WWE play set things, and He was still there a week later... :rolleyes: 

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think the worst thing is getting caught stashing or grabbing stashed toys. Im sure the "yep, Im a 30-year old reaching behind the monopoly to grab Animated Arcee" look is pretty priceless. If my look is half as dumb as I feel, Im sure it makes their day.

16. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have too act all casual about it.

Step 1 "The Stash": Hold the toy you're looking to hide and act like you're undecided about it. Walk around till you've reached the spot and make it look like you've decided not to buy it and just randomly putting it back (just not in the TF section).

Step 2 "The Pickup": You're just shopping for whatever and...what's this? A toy I've been looking for? Yoink!

Yeah, it's an art form.

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Nice. At first I thought you were going to buy the trash-can for some strange reason and "steal" the toy! LOL!

18. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Hahaha, now that's a good plan layout right there. Haven't stashed figures since I was but a wee one. Good job. :thumbs2: 

19. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're passing on the secrets of toy collecting to the younger generation. :D  Your daughter has a good teacher!

20. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew a couple of HW collectors who would hid stuff in the Power Wheels displays.