My Up-To-Date IDW G1 Reading Order, and Others'

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Agamus, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I was thinking about going back and reading Revolution so I took a look at the chronology notes on the TFWiki. Then I blacked out and 72 hours later this existed:

IDW G1 Transformers Modular Reading Order (It doesn't copy/paste well)

This reading order is chronological, with some exceptions. Drift, Autocracy, Spotlight: Thundercracker, etc. are framed as flashbacks, while ROM Vs and Hearts of Steel don't connect with the main story until a good while after they "take place", so they've all been moved downwards.

The basis is that the issues that take place at the same time can be swapped around or read simultaneously, and it's been structured in a table format so that chronology moves top-down, with concurrent stories being divided laterally.

There's also an entire list of oft-updated reading orders people've made pinned up at the top of r/idwtransformers [and here].

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Very nice. Much more thorough than my usual "the wiki, LSotW and MTMTE."

3. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa this is great,thx.

4. SpifeLark

SpifeLark New Member

That's marvellous, thank you. Can I ask, is there an equivalent for TPBs?

I've been away for a while, I stopped just after Dark Cybertron as my work dried up, now I'm trying to catch up and am not sure what's what.

I assume MTME turns into Lost Light after vol 10? But RiD seems to disappear completely and we have All Hail Optimus, Titans Return,Combiner Wars, Till All Are One and Transformers. What order do the trades fit together in?

Many thanks for any help the experts can offer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I read digitally so I don't own any trades, sorry... TFWiki.com can probably help with that though.

As far as title changes go, MTMtE does indeed become Lost Light, but the MTMtE: Revolution oneshot (no relation to the main crossover) comes between them too.
    RiD becomes Transformers Vol. 2 and then TF: Optimus Prime, and Windblade is an offshoot of that storyline that becomes Til All are One. Combiner Wars and Titans Return are just crossover events though, in the same vein as Dark Cybertron.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1