My Universe Onslaught: a defect?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mechafire, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just found Onslaught today, I think mine has a defect.

The shield on top of the alt mode will not stay on at ALL.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't really stay on either. I think if we applied more force, it would stick, but I don't want to risk breaking the thing.

3. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Mine won't snap on at all.

4. newguy

newguy i

mine sort of sticks on but not really. i think it might be the light. but other than that mine is perfect

5. Mechafire

News Credits:
    My Powerglide has his eyes painted RED! These Universe toys are crap!

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

My Onslaught's shield is perfect as is my Powerglide as well.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Peaugh actually mentions how to fix this in another thread.

Hope that helps

8. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of modding my toys for them to be what they should be.

My Powerglide's shoulders' won't stay in.

These toys are real bad. I will be returning them. And DON'T give me the "OMG but then someone else will get teh bad toys CRIMINAL!!!"

9. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I don't blame you, BUT instead of returning them, why not SELL them to someone who may want them regardless?

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    My Onslaught is one of the few that works perfectly up there.

Unfortunately, his battery compartment area is slightly deformed, so I have other issues to deal with.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Bingo.

I see all too often posts that recommend how to fix/mod/strengthen/chisel/paint figures with QC issues, and while some people might be perfectly happy doing it, I'm not on board with it at all. If I took the time to drive to a store, pick out a case fresh MISB item from the shelves and pay full price for it, I don't for a second think, expect or agree that I should also have to tweak it when I get home by pulling out knives, screwdrivers, paint, thinner or nail polish.

IMO, if Hasbro wants to keep releasing this cheap shit via Animated & Universe, then they can start pricing it cheaper as well. But until that happens, I'll return a figure as many times as necessary until I get one that's at least somewhere close to how it's been advertised. It's bad enough that most of these figures in person don't even end up looking they way they do on the boxes, so it's just adding insult to injury when you still have to make 2-3-4 attempts to finally get a version worth keeping. More surprising is how many people either shrug their shoulders about it or accuse others who DO speak up about it as being too nitpicky... like it's somehow a bad thing for wanting quality product.

12. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Ya, I'm sure someone would buy a fig that isn't MISB and is a defect, which they could buy new and possibly without the defect for $25. LOL

13. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    when you put onslaughts shield did you pull the tab outward thats he has on his forearm...that tab should click into the hole of the shield and theres a slot too in his forearm that should click in. hope this helps

14. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I agree. :thumb 

15. Mechafire

News Credits:
    When he's in ALT mode.

16. Mechafire

News Credits:
    *applauds*

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree with this in theory, but the reason the toys are still so cheap, (and some places, deluxes are 25-30 dollars already for the same QC-ridden toys) is the fact that little kids in china are putting them together to keep our costs down, I shudder to think of the price of toys that were made by adults. More like a $50 deluxe. Easy.

I do agree there are a lot of qc problems, and I don't like it either, they are pumping out massive amounts of product very fast... better quality means more cost in the end, yes, it is what we want, but I think parents who buy more toys than we do demand low price, they dont care if little Jimmy's transformer is held to strict manufacturing tolerances, as long as it is cheap and keeps the kid happy.

And to be honest, there are way more parent buying these than collectors. I don't know the exact ratio, I believe I recall Hasbro saying something like 10%

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That's all fine & dandy, but as a general response and not one directed specifically at you, I don't care. It's not our problem as consumers to know or find how underpaid some factory workers in a foreign country might be and thereby possibly explain the lack of QC, or what percentage TF fans & collectors make up compared to the general populous. None of it is relevant, especially since we're not talking about or even asking for AFA graded collectors items. We're talking about bare basic retail toys.

Bottom line is that we're shown one thing and given another... which we don't find out until we've already paid for it, brought it back home and opened it. Fine, airbrush some of the stock promo photos & box art a bit, but it shouldn't be too much to ask that if we're paying anywhere between $15-$60 a pop for these things, that the paint stays on, that the limbs don't fall off, that little things like hands or heads aren't missing, or that it doesn't already look like a second or thirdhand toy fresh out of the packaging due to being scratched to hell & back.

It's extremely unfortunate that Hasbro apparently changed their methods for whatever reasons and that we're coming to realize it thanks to the steady stream of QC plagued product. Now that we've been able to put 2+2 together, it would be nice if the packaging at least came with a warning sticker saying "Caution: Product may (and probably will) suck ass because we're cutting costs.". Either that or have toy stores build some 'opening rooms' for us to check this stuff before we even walk out. And I truly wish I was only exagerating.

19. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Really? mines fine.

20. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Yeah, I guess my comment was just a load of crazy BS. I'm sure NO one would want something like this. I mean, some still aren't able to find them in their area, some want them for kitbashing purposes, and some people can handle a small defect on a friggin' TOY.

But who am I to complain? Do what you want with it. Now that $25 collectible will cost you that much more in gas and time, when some people may have been interested. I'm not attacking you on this, just merely pointing out that you could help out some fellow Transformers fans who may have wanted it regardless of it being opened or "defective" in some small way.