My two year old collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Nightscream, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    t's now been just over two years since I bought the Land Military mini-con team and started collecting transformers again. My collection has grown rapidly since then, but now my buying has slowed down drastically since both me and my fiancée are unemployed at the moment. So - time to take some pictures of what I've accumulated!
    Upstairs:

Superlink: I have all the japanese regular release toys, but I still need the Hasbro unique moulds Kicker & Highwire, Galvatron, and Alpha Q. Picture is composited of four photos, as it was impossible to photograph everything at once.
    [​IMG]

Beast Wars MiSB:
    The only figure I need here is Polar Claw. One of them is not MiSB. Can you tell which one? :wink: 
    [​IMG]

Beast Wars MoSC
    again, it was impossible to take a picture of my entire "beast wars wall", so I composited a picture from small photos of each individual figure. Too much time on my hands... Anyway, I still need a couple early deluxes and most of the early basics. I haven't decided whether I want the Fox Kids! repaints yet. This is probably the part of my collection that I'm most proud of - because I've resisted opening them!
    [​IMG]

Downstairs, Cinema room:

Left shelf:
    World's Smallest Transformers (including custom Sunstorm), MP Convoy, Brave Maximus and the binaltechs. The only WSTF I expect to get at some point, is Hot Rodimus, since I want to collect all the different moulds. I also need a custom box for v1 Prime with trailer. The chase repaints are too expensive. I sold my BT yellow tracks and red meister because I think there are too many repaints in the line. Wheeljack and THS-01 Galaxy Convoy are not pictured.
    [​IMG]

Right shelves:
    Car Robots/RiD (complete minus repaints), Robotmasters (complete minus repaints) and Beast Machines. I plan to get Beast Wars returns versions of Blackarachnia and Silverbolt. I try to hide my Hasbro Silverbolt back there since he's so ugly :p  . I will also get Universe Night Slash Cheetor for the same reason. I always collect in themes and the theme for Beast Machines is "tv show characters". Perhaps Tankor belongs on the "shelf of shame", though...

My loose Superlink figures are also displayed here, along with Micron Legend. Note that I display Shockfleet with his wings in the air as opposed to dragging them behind him. Looks better that way. I sold my entire Armada collection, but regretted it a little, so I decided to collect selected figures. Skywarp and Blurr are the next on the list here. At the bottom right, you see the "shelf of shame". I like all those figures, but they just don't fit in with the rest of the collection. Bludgeon is therefore definately for sale (Bumblebee and Thunderwing have already been sold), but I haven't decided what to do with the g2 moulds yet. Finally, there's my loose Gi Joe collection between beast machines and robotmasters.
    [​IMG]

And here's my carded GI Joe collection along with two MiSB RiD figures ( I would have opened them, but there haven't been any room on the shelves for a long time).
    [​IMG]

and the G1 shelves in the hall:

My g1 collection consists of every TV show character up to and including 1987, as well as every character pictured in a japanese catalog from 1987 and onwards. I have everything I want from 84-87 (except Freeway, Perceptor and Crosshairs, but they are on their way), and only need two toys from 1988 (Hardspark and Browning). The later years are missing many figures, those micromaster combiners are really hard to find! I moved Thunderwing and Bludgeon to this shelf before taking the picture, because I had to sort the first year of micromasters by their US faction anyway, due to spacing problems. Why is there always one figure too many for the shelf or one shelf too few for a full set?

By the way, does anybody here have a complete Masterforce collection?
    [​IMG]

Right shelf:
    [​IMG]

And that's it - pretty good for only two years of collecting in a modest household. If anybody has any of the figures I mentioned that I want above, or you see is missing from my g1 themes, please let me know. I am especially interested in the micromasters I haven't got (that were released in Japan - so no 1990 bases).

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I was wondering when you were gonan post the collection here Frank :) 

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What a sweet collection! When I first read the heading and then saw the pics I was like, it only took you 2 years to get all of this?!

Nice work

4. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    Great stuff you have there.

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice!

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hot damn!!

That's one fine collection dude, awesome!!

7. Bruceatron

Bruceatron Clear Black Exclusive

Dude! That is insane! 2 years? A couple of months longer than I've been collecting - how'd you do it man? Not to mention how'd you get the cash for all this... I'm impressed.

8. Nightscream

Ebay:
    Thanks for the praise everybody. Bruceatron: well, I've been very geeky and obsessive about collecting so far, so it's the #1 thing I spend my money on when the bills have been paid. Part of the obsessiveness has also been constantly looking for good deals online, and selling stuff I already have if I later find it at a good price. Considering that me and my fiance have been working a total of 12 months in the time it took to collect this, I really don't understand it myself.

Another thing is that I have convinced my fiancée that spending money on hot collectibles can be more lucrative than putting the money in the bank. Since we're out of work, I am now selling some high valued figures. I'm kissing Fortress Maximus goodbye tomorrow :cry :

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Goddamn... I've been going for twice as long and I don't have nearly as many nice pieces! Definitely one of the Great Collections! I thought I was doing ok with Masterforce but your shelves made me realize how far I still have to go, even not counting the pretenders. I love the setup, it's somewhat similar to how I have mine- season x on a shelf. I don't see anything missing from the US toon, just from the Japanese seasons

10. Nightscream

Ebay:
    Thanks Orodruin. I do miss Perceptor from the US toons, but that's just because I've sold my original and am awaiting the reissue to arrive. I was planning to collect year by year, but suddenly felt very poor when I saw the prices the dinocassettes and headmaster heads sell for, so I skipped directly ahead to Masterforce. Once I get a new job, I'll be focusing on Victory, the Zone, then Battlestars, then Operation Combination. I haven't really laid collecting plans for anything after that, but I may just keep going with the Japanese lines for G2 and Beast Wars. Once I really started getting into Masterforce, I started to realize just how much better the Japanese assortment is, I can't believe we got all that crap! They got Browning and Overlord, we got double targetmasters. They got Victory, we got more pretenders. They got Robot micromaster bases, and we got action masters. Just compare Dinoking to Monstructor. No wonder transformers dissipated in the west after the TV show ended!

You shouldn't hold out on the pretenders, you can usually get them for less than $25. Sure, some of the shells look a little lame. But if you look at it from the perspective that all the robots are very close to being clones, the amount of cool looking vehicles they manage to squeeze out of those 100% humanoid bodies with ZERO kibble is really quite impressive. Cloudburst is my favourite, but Metalhawk is overrated. The shell looks great with the full face etc, but the inner robot is not as sleek as the others and doesn't look much like the cartoon version.

If you need still need Minerva and Goshooter for your Masterforce collection, I have to incomplete ones that can be completed with parts from nightbeat and siren.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was going to add, congratulations for making me finally want Pretenders. :p  The Decepticons ones do look pretty cool in jet/whatever mode. What parts are the Minerva and Go Shooter missing? I'm guessing the helmet guns, since those are the same pieces my Nightbeat and Siren are missing.

12. Nightscream

Ebay:
    I think blood(bomb-burst) looks cool in robot mode with the seeker-like guns, and gilmer has a cool alt mode. The cybertrons are otherwise better, although the shells are nicer for the destrons. Um all ar ok, I guess.

Yep, they're both missing the head guns, and Minerva is also missing the handgun. I have two extra for both Minerva and goshooter actually (not many people have that!). The final two are in pretty poor condition. Minverva is missing everything including the chest cover, while goshooter has head and seat but no chest cover.

13. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You got any money left?:lol 

14. Trans4mers

Trans4mers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice collection indeed. I noticed you have some HTF jap figs. You went fast and furious in getting this collection :D 

15. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

You have almost as many toys in two years than I've managed to get in almost ten! Wow!

Very impressive, really diggin the Beast Wars. A much under-appriciated line these days in my opinion. Nice stuff! :thumbs2: 

16. Nightscream

Ebay:
    I just got Masterforce Hardspark, so now I only need Browning (and a stand for nautilator) to get a 100% complete Masterforce collection. Yay! Let me know if any of you have one for sale or trade...

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hot damn! You're 2 yr collection is probably bigger than my whole life collection

18. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CM you lie :ev: 
    All the posts in the Haul thread..
    You got a warehouse man! :lol 

19. Nightscream

Ebay:
    Wohoo! I just got Browning on ebay - my Masterforce collection is complete! Except for the US colour mailaways anyway.

20. Soundwarp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice!