My Twins theory, has anyone thought of this??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Feb 18, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Ok I checked out the thread called Twins confusion and went through 14 pages of people talking about the same thing about how the Ice Cream Truck splits and the twins re-scan and become the Sparks and Trax.

First of all, I hate the whole "rescanning deal". It makes things too convenient to just scan and rescan and scan again to find new forms.

Second, the combined mass of the Chevy Sparks and Trax do not equate to that of the beat up Ice Cream Truck.

Anyways, I'll list some facts and then I'll conclude with my theory

1) In the "fake" call sheets, it mentions the ICT joins Arcee and Stinger (Sideswipe) to chase down the Audi R8 and the ICT crashes and then it splits in 2 and then the "ICT twins" start fighting like brothers.

2) The ICT was seen spotted at the Bethlehem City Steel which doubles as Shanghai, which is also the set piece that takes place at the beginning of the film. The ICT was also spotted in hangar with at Holloman Air Base with Optimus, Ironhide and a bunch of NEST Hummers. These are the only 2 locations where we have seen them in spy set reports

3) There is cell phone captured footage of the Ice Cream Truck split in half and spin around in a circle as children stand around them.

4) The Sparks and Trax are seen pre-dominantly with the rest of the "main" Autobot team which consists of BB, OP, Ironhide, Sideswipe and Jolt. In fact, according to the GM Promo reel, they are seen with the rest of the team ALWAYS

And now comes to my theory:

The Ice Cream Truck Twins are "The Twins". They have only 2 scenes. Bethlehem City Steel and a Desert Scene at the Air Base. Skids and Mudflap are NOT the Twins. They might look alike but they are NOT the twins are separate characters and have no association with the ICT.

I could be totally wrong but I thought I'd throw it out there since I still don't believe that either the existence of the ICT is truly misinformation and I also don't believe that they are going to re-scan because alot of people are feeling kinda silly about the Audi R8 not being Barricade.

Its possible though. Its too early right now for all the characters to be officially announced so there's still more to be revealed.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Call sheets references "The Twins" being with Bumblebee at the museum, set reports / photos show Bumblebee with the Beat and Trax.

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well on the m&ms promotion thing we saw them hint at them being twins "the twins".

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet I believe Mudflap and Skids start out as an ice cream truck but never believed Sideways was Barricade.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    oh ok, well i guess I'm wrong then Haha
    damn, i put alot of thought into that too LOL

oh well, time to move on

6. Monbackey

Monbackey Member

I think they just start out as the ice cream truck, and later turn into the Beat and Trax. It may be that when they landed in their protoforms, the only thing around that they could scan and mimic was an old beat up ice cream truck. However, it was too big for just on of them to be alone, so they combined to make the form.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    not to mention i believe that call sheet was confirmed to have been fabricated

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Skids' bio refrences his "brother" Mudflap

9. Alienbot

News Credits:
    Said Michael Bay. :rolleyes2 

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fabricated, yes...

That is why we have seen photos, videos and had reports of everything on them being accurate.

11. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap are brothers. I can't wait to see that old beat up ice cream truck in action. lol

12. Astrocon

Astrocon A spyware on Teletran-1

News Credits:
  13. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

The ice cream truck is arcee XD

Makes more sense to me XD

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm not a big fan of rescanning either. You would think that reconfiguring your entire body would be a very a energy draining process. But it doesn't seem to be. I wouldn't mind it as much if the Transformer requires a recharge after reformatting.
    But I really think they just decided on the easy route and just make it magic which requires putting as little thought into it as possible.

15. Alienbot

News Credits:
    Thankfully the mass rule means Bumblebee can't change into a Raptor jet.

16. Djlarose

Djlarose Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothers me about the rescanning is that if its so easy to change shape like that, why cant they use it to heal themselves? Like after you take some minor damage, just rescan an undamaged form and bam you are back to normal again.

17. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    yeah sorry to burst your bubble but Skids and Mudflap ARE The Twins. Even the M&M promotion refers to them as the Twins.

18. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

i agree that the ict aint the same size which does make me wonder... however im sure its active seeing as how its seen driving around with main characters. now either its someone all its own that gets slagged early on in the film OR it is someone else. i dont think its the Twins tho... idk. according the mass rule it shouldnt be.