My turn to ask a stupid question!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dream, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Well, I guess it is and it isn't.
    I am just now discovering the magic that is Energon, I stopped buying tfs towards the end of Armada, and recently started again, thanks to the classics.
    I've been buying a few energon toys here and there, I got all but one of the Starscream/Nightscream figures (just missing the hasbro repaint).
    Anyways, here is what I was wondering.
    I am going to start hunting down the energon aerialbots, and was wondering what (if any) differences there are between the energon and superlink versions.
    Annnnnd.......
    Der....
    How tall are the individual bots when compared to energon Starscream?
    Any help would be apprecited thanks!

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dunno about differences. The limbs are all the same size- about the same size as other Energon Basics. The leader is about the same size as Starscream. They're worth getting, IMHO, if you can find them at or near retail price.

-Tony!

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No real differences that I'm aware of. The Superlink one is a boxed set of all five, so if that is at a good going price, you could get that one to save yourself the trouble of hunting them individually. Of course Hasbro might reissue them for Classics as they have done with the Constructicons, but I have my doubts on that.
    Height-wise, Storm Jet is about the same height as Starscream, perhaps a little bulkier. Each of the others is typical basic size, so they come up around Starscream's waist. Superion (Maximus) is pretty big, perhaps twice the size of Starscream.

Watch out on that one for Storm Jet's middle. The peg on the jet nose should connect to the waist but it is very shallow and pops out easily, especially once he combines.

Great choices by the way, Nightscream and the Aerialbots are some of the best that Energon offered up (although I also like guys like Mirage, Shockblast, the other combiners, all the other basics, etc). Have you checked out Cybertron? It's got a lot of the same coolness that oozes out of Nightscream.

4. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Thanks for the quick responses!
    I've picked up a few Cybertron figures so far in the past two months...

Galaxy Force Optimus Prime
    Optimus Prime/Wing Saber 2 pack
    Swerve (Pretty cool)
    Armorhide (I dig the little dude)
    Excellion (Pretty cool figure)
    Vector Prime (very hip)
    Thundercracker (who would have been awesome if they gave him two hands)
    Smokescreen (another cool toy)
    Scrap Metal (yellow)

As for Energon, I'm just waiting on the original Nightscream figure to come in the mail, and I just recently got Landmine and Landquake off ebay, those two looked pretty hip as well.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, that wasn't a stupid question at all! In fact, it was practically a dissertation on worm hole theory, compared to the spam we typically see around here.

Anyway, I recommend the Aerialbots, provided you can find them at a decent price (as was pointed out above). They are, IMO, the best combiners to come out since G1, though, I'm a little bugged by the fact that there are only three unique molds amongst the five TFs in the group. I've got almost all of the Energon combiner groups, but I'm still missing one limb from each set! Bummer!

6. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Ooh.
    Just won off ebay the Energon Starscream repaint. Now I got thems all!

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol 

The Aerialbots are definitely some sweet figures. There was some kind of assembly error on some Stormjets though, I can't quite remember it but I think it was either the black tabs in the chest or something with the shoulders.

Energon did have a good number of pretty cool figures, even with so many compromised by a rather lame gimmick (powerlinking). Most of the decepticons were pretty strong; since you like Superion I'd strongly recommend Bruticus (or whatever his name was) as well. I've got a couple of figures I've been trying to get rid of, check my sale thread link in the sig and LMK if you're interested in anything.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Superlink version has a flat grey face,

The Energon version has a gold face.