Heavy/Scratch: my TR Kup Arm Upgrade Set

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by knoted, May 13, 2017.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Hi GotBot,

Thank you for the video !

Hereby I apologize for some lacking instructions as it seems you forgot the tiny cover panels for the gap of the bicep mushroom peg. Here's a pic to illustrate the matter

[​IMG]

Regarding the overal status of the replacement set: I will send it to you as soon as the revision clarifies if the adjustments are satisfactory.
    Tigatron2002 should be able to shed some light on this matter as soon as he gets the revision set from Shapeways shipping any day soon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep as soon as I get it in hand I'll share my thoughts :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. knoted

News Credits:
    Very much appreciated - because GotBot's copy suffered some loose elbow joints as well ( seems to be a Shapeways print accuracy variance issue, whereas both my own sets printed pretty much without issues ),
    so it would help a lot if I know the adjustments will suffice; then I can send him a revised replacement set and update the actual product listing in my Shapeways shop.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

I only noticed those after the fact and was damned if I was going to re-edit. Even forgetting that part the set is amazing, my elbow/wrist issues aside.

I think/hope this slight alteration does the trick. It would make sense as the tolerances on my set were close just not QUOTE there. Honestly? I will likely do a quick update after the fact.

• Like Like x 1
  5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Are you going to release this for Takara's version, when it comes out? Some people with that version might want wrist swivel.

6. knoted

News Credits:
    Well, the set will fit the Takara version as well, as full arm replacements - since the rest of the body is exactly the same as the hasbro version.

If you mean to say replacement from the elbow down ; it would probably have to be from the shoulder piece down and I would have to rework the bicep swivel mushroom peg slightly.
    However, I wouldn't really know why anyone would want to hold onto the shoulder piece and the bicep piece of the Takara version because :

- the Takara shoulder lacks a backpanel - which is nice for the rounded look in robot mode, but it leaves a pretty obvious gap in vehicle mode.
    - and the Takara bicep part is still as rectangular as the stock Hasbro version.

7. knoted

News Credits:
    Tigatron's shipment got a slight delay due to Shapeways New York screwing up during the weekend. So I contacted customer service and it seems they had an actual print tray crash - but they promised to reprint and ship asap.
    Good thing I actually ordered this revision for myself as well from Shapeways Netherlands, with this set still due on the 18th. I could push the order button for your revision now, since I'm pretty confident the adjustments will work, but maybe you rather want me to play it safe regarding your copy, until Tigatron and I can check it firsthand ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Do what you think is right. If you are that confident, go for it. All we really need is a slight alteration to remedy the tolerance issue.

9. knoted

News Credits:
    I got a shipment notice on my inbound revision so I should have it inhand tomorrow ( it's just past midnight here in NL ) ; then I'll probably put the order for yours in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. knoted

News Credits:
    Tigatron ; yours is due to ship august 17th ( due to Shapeways New York screwing up their print tray past weekend, as noted before )

• Like Like x 1
  11. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good to me

• Like Like x 1
  12. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Lol, know what is funny here, I know NL stands for Netherlands here, but I'm use to it standing for my province, Newfoundland and Labrador.

13. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Wow, you made me want to get this figure just so I can have a great looking Kip! Great work! The only thing he's missing is a hand holding a Cygar!

• Like Like x 1
  14. knoted

News Credits:
    Alright, I finally got the appendages painted up.

There's the medical scanner with a rotating bulb probe.
    And then there's the cleaver as well.
    Both mount on a 5mm ballpeg.

This appendage set can be purchased seperately : TR_Kup_Arm Upgrade Set Appendages by knoted on Shapeways
    Or you can purchase TR Kup Arm Upgrade Set C which includes these appendages, as well as normal 5mm peghole hands: TR_Kup_Arm Upgrade Set C by knoted on Shapeways

The set in these pictures includes the medical scanner and cleaver printed in Black High Definition Acrylate.
    The rotating probe however, is in WSF Polished because my clumsy hands broke the one from the High Def Acrylate printed set - not the material at fault, but purely my own clumsiness. LOL :lolol 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

Nice custom I wish I still had that figure. You also got rid of that nasty burr in his rotator cuff !!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. knoted

News Credits:
    Thanks ! The Black High Definition Acrylate paints up wonderfully smooth btw. Shame it's relatively epensive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    after a bit of a snafu with the post office delivering my revision set to the wrong address down the street I was able to get it in today and the tolerances are much much better now, thank you @knoted for sending it out to me, the first version of the arms I got couldnt hold pinpointer out fully extended but now that is no longer an issue, plus everything still fit together perfectly, didnt have to sand anything for fitting so I'd say the revision is perfect

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. knoted

News Credits:
    Awesome news !

Sorry to hear you had to go through the hassle with postmail delivery office though.
    Crosshairs looks great and indeed it's nice to see he can properly hold a targetmaster.

19. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It wasn't too bad, just had to go across the main road by my house and speak to a very nice older couple :p  I'm glad crosshairs turned out as good as he has

• Like Like x 1
  20. knoted

News Credits:
    Good ! making new friends everyday

• Like Like x 1