My town was in the news the past few days...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeta Otaku, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ok, I live in Harrington Park, NJ... a little quiet town that no one knows about. Nothing note worthy has ever happened here in during the existance of the town except for a kid touching fat ass cop who was put away years ago... oh yeah, jail must be fun for him. (seriously, he was so fat the town got the guy a customized patrol car) Now all i hear on the news is my town's name....

Maybe you guys have heard the news but an 18 year old girl was killed in New York City from my town. Yeah, people get killed everyday, but you usually just hear it and say "oh, that's too bad" or "sucks to be them". Hell, I'm one of those people. But this... I don't know why but this story is haunting me. I don't know the family, I don't know the girl, her friends, nothing. But still, I feel some sort of connection to this... like, I'm feeling this personally. I don't know why... maybe it's because a similar thing happened to me (her car was towed, her and her friend went the impound to get it... guess that's where the similarity ends) or maybe it's because we shared the same shitty town. I just don't know why I feel like this, but I do...

I just needed to vent I guess and interested in what you guys have to say. Thanks.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I grew up in Manalapan, NJ, lived there until a few years ago.

Back in 1990, a dentist in our town murdered his wife. Valeri Bertinelli made some TV movie about it Link.

In 94 or 95, this kid we used to throw pennies at in Roy Rogers (damn I miss Roy's...best fast food EVER) ended up raping and murdering his 6 year old neighbor. His case helped push Megan's Law through.

And just a couple of weeks ago, this Pizza place's owner took a shotgun, killed his wife, and then himself.

Those are the one's I can remember off the top of my head. I know there's more.

And Wow....this is going to be a depressing thread.

3. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    In the town I live in, it's pretty notorious for bad news.

Some of you may have remembered the story back in 2000 when a mom ran into a store to get something, leaving her kid in the car. Then a thief stole the car and the poor kid was dragged on I-70. I drive by the memorial (just flowers, pictures and other items at the corner where the car was stopped) EVERY time I go to work.

I know in the last month or so close to ten people have been attacked by pit bulls in a five mile radius from my house. I have no idea why there is a rash of attacks going on, but it's definitely scary walking around anywhere now.

A few years ago this lady who was friends with my neighbor had an arguement with her husband and left with her three kids (all boys) to stay at my neighbor's house. My sister and I started to become friends with the kids, the oldest my sis had a crush on. Well, one day I turn on the news and I see the oldest kid's truck. It turns out the mom went back to the house, her husband saw her there, took out his hunting rifle, shot her in both knees, the oldest kid came walking into the back door he turned and shot his own son in the head, killing him instantly. Then he took out a pistol and shot his middle boy in the face (after three years of reconstructive surgery he's doing okay, physically) then turned the gun onto himself. He died later that night at the hospital. The amazing thing is, the youngest was at a friend's house and decided to walk home. Halfway home, he got violently ill and turned back. More then likely he would have been another victim if he continued home. The sad thing, about a month after this we found out the oldest kid was going to ask my sister out since he too had a crush on her. :( 

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i hear ya man

you guys remember hearing about those 2 kids who got killed over in Iraq recently? the one was from Madras Oregon? yeah. thats a half hour drive from me and where my grandparents live. They live like a couple blocks away from his parents house. so its pretty crazy :\

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

10 minutes away from my place a guy who's wife recently divorced him killed his wife, 2 kids, then burned the house down and killed himself. You never expect this kind of stuff to happen close by, but it does.

6. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I forget exactly, but I'm pretty sure that Edmonton had the highest murder rate in Canada last year.

7. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    A few years ago, I girl I knew of in high school was on 114 next to the Northshore Mall with her boyfriend if I remember right. There was an accident ad she was ejected from the car and her head slammed into a traffic light taking a chunk out of it and killing her.

The piece is still missing from that light and I see everytime I use that road.

Another girls I knew of committed suicide about two years ago. Least I think that's what it was I can't remember right now.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The only "notable" appearance of my hometown, and the school I went to, was from the movie Evolution when the military parked themselves at my old elementary school.

I was born in Page, AZ, and I can't recall it ever being in the national news. Phoenix, and Tucson have but not that small podunct touristy town.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Here in Lancaster we had the case with the guy that murdered his girlfriend's parents then drove to Indiana...

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I grew up in Detroit, it was kinda hard not to hear about murders there. I was more uneasy when there wasn't a story on the news about a murder.