My Top Ten Transformers of 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rherk, Dec 6, 2008.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Movie Favorites

I think is a little too early. There are still more toys to be released. I suppose that the words "so far" should be added to the end.
    Oh well. Here is my list:
    1. Voyager Blackout (Premium)- Blackout is my favorite hands down. Very good detailing. Spinning Blades gimmick very fun.
    2. Henkei Wildrider (CX3Hobby Festival)- Great color scheme.
    3. Deep Space Starscream- Best deco for mold. Looks like it has better quality over the rest of the molds. Despite some drawbacks still very playable.
    4. Henkei Powerglide- Nice red color, true to the original.
    5. Deluxe Arcee (WonderFest 2008)- Pink Arcee is hot. A jewel that stands out among rocks.
    6. Universe Armada Series Unicron- It is an oldie but a goodie. Glad they made one of the largest Transformers available again
    7. Capture of Bumblebee- Prefer plain color over premium paint. Gray Plastic brings better details over black.
    8. Takara MA-22 Battle Mode Optimus Prime- Chrome in the right places. Superior paint job. Orange blade.
    9. Voyager Mudflap- Cool dual use weapon/key gimmick. Best unique mold for a store exclusive.
    10. Henkei Sunstreaker- Designed well. Good combination of chrome and colors.

2. Samus_Ng

Samus_Ng Crazy over Revenge

News Credits:
    Here's my take on the best of '08, but I'm only judging by the figs I have:rock 
    1. Henkei Clear Convoy - Just awesome stuff, the clear parts really shine with this awesome mold!

2. MP-2 Ultra Magnus (Reissue) - Duh, one of the best molds for Prime, if not the best reissued this year so everyone could own one, if one version of this mold gets reissued, it's definitely still a favorite to purchase

3. Animated Voyager Prime - Just love this figure, funny how something this cheap can get so much of my attention. Top notch all-around

4. BT-22 Convoy - For me it was a dream to own the BT Convoy mold in die-cast, I couldn't afford Black Convoy but when this came I was sold!

5. MP-7 Thundercracker - As a completist for the MP seekers I saw this coming. Colors didn't disappoint one bit and is a nice addition to the seeker collection

6. City Commander - Great stuff that isn't from Hasbro. Use it with Henkei Convoy and looks solid with the chrome on Convoy

7. Henkei Onslaught - I could say this was the best fresh mold they brought out this year. Complete with awesome TakTom paint this is a must have

8. Henkei Skywarp & Thundercracker - Honestly don't think these two should be in the list, but all that talk about Thundercracker being a Botcon thing and all made me feel these Henkeis have a special feel to them...

9. E-Hobby GADEP - This was one of the surprise releases for me this year. Love the way the blue is painted, an awesome G1 figure that was never released before in the G1 toyline until now

10. MA-22 Battle Mode Optimus - The leader mold made to perfection, very good figure with chrome and impressive paint detail

That's all, well if I missed something then I'm probably not too fond of it anyway