Heavy/Scratch: My Titans Return PMOP upgrades

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by knoted, Dec 20, 2016.

1. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Does your PMOP (Hasbro version) have three little square holes at the base of the hand/wrist area? If so, all that's needed would be the round 5mm hand piece to plug into the wrist holes...and a nice new Magnus rifle/Warhammer with 5mm peg handles.

However, the hand pieces would need to be removable in order to hold the Warhammer, because of the arm segment behind the hand like PMOP, except Magnus has a slot for the hammer to be gripped...I HATE those hands! Of course, this is what the rest of us get stuck with, when these whiners bitch and moan because every freaking joint isn't articulated.

As for the rest, yeah, I know you have other projects to deal with and these aren't a priority, which is fine of course. I certainly wouldn't expect you to set those aside just to deal with a whole new set of problems...besides, the Kup arms sound interesting...not familiar with the other one you mentioned though.

On another note relating back to PMOP, I recently took the shoulder cannons off my extra G1 PMOP and put them on my Takara PMOP and I have to say that they work great (aside from the old G1 Hasbro twin guns not being exactly the same color gray as the new Takara version guns). They make him look bigger and with the factory twin Takara guns on his lower legs, and the bigger G1 guns on his shoulders now, he looks awesome. Once I get your rifles from Shapeways (and painted), and the PE-15 & PE-16 upgrades I have ordered, as well as the G1 PMOP Marvel Comics style head option, my Prime will be just about set...(Still hoping for the PE APEX/Bomber upgrade to happen, because I'm not sure if I want the Takara overpriced Godbomber Armor...)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. SHADDO

Here's a shot of the hand, so you can compare with your PMOP...if that helps at all... 20170325_172701.jpg

And a couple of shots of my PMOP with the G1 PMOP shoulder guns... 20170325_172901.jpg 20170325_172942.jpg My preferred Base mode...just seems a little more G1-ish than the Takara towers version...
    20170314_051808.jpg
    And just for fun, my de-armored City Commander G3 Takara Ultra Magnus in his alternate battle mode, with FP CC armor missiles, PCC mini-con axe, and G1 rifle... 20170325_173103.jpg

And I don't know why the pictures flipped sideways when they loaded, but oh well...

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Could you post a picture of Legends Ginrai armed with the G1 black laser rifles and dual shoulder cannons please?

Also, could you use a smaller font for your replies? Cheers!

4. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SHADDO

This is the best I could do on the G1 rifles, because they apparently have 4 little spurs at the base of each handle which doesn't allow them to slide fully into his hands on this version...the shoulder cannons do as well, but aren't hindered on the shoulders at all... 20170325_180824.jpg

I don't know why the font suddenly jumped in size on my posts though...I didn't adjust anything that I know of.

6. SHADDO

Thanks for the edits. I'm not that tech savvy to get the shots to rotate on here, and not overly familiar with the ins and outs of these forums with regards to posting links and photos and such...at least not so far. I just ask everyone to bear with me while I learn, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    One thing to do is to open your photos with an editing program, such as picsart, and either rotate and save them or just save them again through that. That way, they get the correct rotation info, rather than the incorrect one from the camera.

Anyway, those guns look good. They seem to fit the aesthetic given in some of the concept art for the toy.

Comb26032017040957.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHADDO

Yeah, the G1 PMOP cannons look great with the new HasTak figures, and would work great if not for the little handle spurs that prevent them from inserting fully into the hands of the new figures. However, if one were so inclined, that could be easily remedied by simply shaving them off and sanding the handles smooth around the top to match the lower handle peg.

Honestly, I'm very seriously considering that option, since these are the guns for my 2nd PMOP, and it wouldn't really hurt anything by removing those spurs to use these G1 cannons as stand-ins until my Shapeways set arrives and gets painted.

For anyone interested in doing that with an extra set, I would recommend first heating the rifle handles with a hairdryer for about 30-60 seconds each to slightly soften the plastic before cutting. Then take your preferred razor bladed hobby knife of choice (for me it's usually an X-Acto) and carefully slice the soft plastic spurs even with the handle, let them cool and then very lightly sand smooth the cut areas.

The point of heating the plastic first is to create less resistance to the knife blade as it cuts, so you don't end up slicing yourself if there's a sudden stop but the blade doesn't. With that in mind, be extra careful not to cut too far into the handle or the rifles themselves.

After sanding, heat the handles with the hairdryer again to eliminate any "lightness" that may occur from working with the black plastic, similar to fixing stress marks.

Hopefully, this will be useful to someone. I'm probably going to end up doing this anyway for my G1 display PMOP to have after I get the cannons from Knoted.

Oh, and thank you for the tips for the photo rotation. I'll try to keep them in mind.

The concept art was pretty cool to see also, and I definitely enjoyed checking it out!

• Like Like x 1
  9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late reply - funeral attendance yesterday.

Anyway, Hasbro PMOP has a similar rectangular wrist base, but the internal cavity shapes are different.
    The relative position of this hollow rectangle and spacing seems to be the same on PMOP, although I can't be a full 100% certain without having CW Magnus in hand here.

Since I don't have CW Magnus, you'll have to beta print this set yourself. In case adjustments are required you can let me know to update the currently uploaded model.
    Of course, the 5mm hands themselves are already proven successful with my TR PMOP arm filler set A.

Btw, further replies regarding this 5mm hands set for CW Magnus or other figures, please in PM to me instead of this thread, because it's becoming a bit off-topic from TR PMOP.

Link to the item: CW Magnus 5mm Hands Set - BETA by knoted on Shapeways

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. knoted

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  11. AutobotBee

AutobotBee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    And they are fairly easily removed too, if you should choose to use that weirdness they call a warhammer. Shimmied them out of the slots using a 5mm rod pretty simply and they fit back in just as snugly as they went in the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SHADDO

These are awesome! I'll be getting a set when I order the Optimus Prime hand cannons pretty soon!

Regarding the Optimus Prime hand cannons, I found that the PMOP guns can be converted into double guns by pegging the G1 PMOP cannons into the side 5mm peg holes. It looks pretty cool, although personally, I'd rather have the smaller cannons peg into the bigger cannons. It would be cool to have a version of your guns with a side peg hole for the little HasTak cannons.

I may end up dremeling the guns when I get them, but I'm not sure how well the material might withstand that. Otherwise, I'll probably have to find another option for mounting them in his bot mode somehow. Either way, definitely looking forward to the cannons... (and the fists too!) ;) 

13. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I either pop the original laser rifles on the back of the white double cannons (which hides their profiles somewhat) OR store either the original rifles or these new Shapeways Cannons on the back of the figure. You can, if you position then just right, slide the pegs into the
    gaps inside the blue cab section on Prime's back. They look rather spiffing. Using these two methods, it's possible to store all his guns for Prime's diplomatic or other non-violent poses.

• Like Like x 1
  14. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Just ordered a set of feet, should look good with PC15 &16 with my custom paintjob.

15. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

I ordered the feet and arm fillers last night.

16. knoted

News Credits:
    Thanks for purchasing guys. Goodluck with dying/painting them ! :thumb 

17. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

I also got your 5mm extensions. Those can come in handy for a lot of things. Now if I just had that thigh and waist kit I'd be set. ;) 

What was the color of the dye? It was the darker blue correct? I've never dyed anything before so I'm a little anxious.

18. knoted

News Credits:
    Mostly Rit Dye More Kentucky Sky, mixed with a tiny bit of Sapphire Blue : DyeMore for Synthetic Fibers | Fabric & Polyester Dye
    I'd say an entire bottle of the Kentucky Sky and 10ml-20ml of Sapphire Blue. The longer submerged in the dye bath, the darker the color gets.

For instructions : Heavy/Scratch: - My Titans Return PMOP upgrades

and this video:

• Like Like x 1
  19. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

I coincidentally live in Kentucky. Thanks for the video.

• Like Like x 1
  20. knoted

News Credits:
    I would advise against using the tongs though, to prevent warping the feet (afterall, the plastic is submerged in near/boiling water). So, use the sifter I suggest as seen in the earlier link I posted.

• Like Like x 1