My Thoughts On Triple Changers As WFC DLC.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I think triple changers could be great as DLC for the game. I see them as the archetypes that mix 2 classes yet cannot surpass or match the aspects of either class they take after in full. Their advantage comes from their balance of traits, their disadvantage comes from them being a jack of all trades but master of none.

For instance:

Springer: Leader/Scientist Class.

Has access to 2 different alternate modes but cannot access higher ranking abilities/perks.

Could have access to say War Cry (Wreck and Rule comes to mind) and Shockwave. Unable to get special abilities/perks that a dedicated leader or scientist would have, like Transform disruptor and Disguise. Energon levels would be above a Scientist class but below a Leader Class.

Astrotrain: Leader/Scientist Class.

Access to Hover and Spawn sentry. Energon levels lower than soldier but higher than Scientist. I could see him transforming into a cybertronian shuttle and and cybertronian battle train.

So I know my examples aren't the best but that's how I see them being feasible additions, this way they aren't overpowered characters everyone will want. They'd have a broader range of tactics but the trade off would be less power and fewer special abilities to choose from. I could see them getting a few other abilities added for their class but nothing to powerful. I could also see both of them suffering in one of their alt modes, Springer for not being as fast as a jet and Astrotrain for not being as battle worthy as a tank.

What's everyone think of my idea?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think triple changers would be neat, but you'd have to solve the whole "how do i transform into the mode i want without thinking too much" thing

the set up is pretty easy now. one button to switch back and forth but if you throw a third mode in there you have to take time to cycle through the alt modes and stuff. you could map a seperate button but then you'd lose whatever that button did

itd be hard to make it on the fly i think

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Could just double click the button, once for ground mode, once more for bot mode again or double click it in either ground or bot mode to go to areal mode. Not that hard and it adds a drawback for having 2 alt modes.

4. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Actually, pretty much everyone is already a "triple changer" in this game. When you transform, you enter your hover mode, no matter what vehicle mode you have. Your wheels/treads are oriented towards the ground and produce a hover field, allowing you to control the vehicle much like you control your robot mode. Then, by holding the left bumper, your wheels pop down and you enter the "full" vehicle mode, where you drive like a car (or jet), going forwards very fast but losing the ability to strafe.

So it's kind of already set up for triple changing. Since everybody has a hover mode, it would be quite easy to have a character enter a "hover" vehicle mode, such as a hover tank, and then hold the bumper, sprout wings, and take off. Blitzwing style.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    only you would get rid of any hover modes or boost modes for the two alt modes that way

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Doubtful to happen this game. All you need is a toggle button (I would suggest the select button) to switch between alt modes. Seems the games mechanics aren't setup for this, and their seeming reluctance to hint at something special for DLC seems to indicate they are in, at most, the Alpha stages of DLC. I would like to see DLC tho.

7. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Hey, I'd love nothing more than to see Blitzwing get added to this game's list of playable Decepticons. Whether or not High Moon will be able to make it happen is a big if though. Maybe if this game does well enough in terms of sales then maybe we'll see it in the sequel.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Triple Changers as DLC would be awesome, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Good ideas though.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was thinking:thumb 

10. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    Triple changers might unbalance the game too much. I would prefer they added triple changer characters like Springer, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, etc, but just give them one alt-mode. As long as they are in the game it wouldn't bother me any.

11. lordsice

lordsice Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it would be easy to make controls for transformations:

from robot mode
    click l3 for car, click l3 twice to go from car to plane
    click l3 + r3 for plane, click i3 +r3 twice to go from plane to car

then do the same to go back to robot mode.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even simpler click and pull down L3 alternate mode #1 and click and push up L3 for alternate mode #2. L3 alone could be for just robot or a button that runs the cycle.