My Thoughts on Transformers Armada

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DeletedUser_119270, Jul 10, 2017.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Hi all,and welcome.I am going to talk about my entrance to the Unicron AEC Trilogy,Armada.I begin with Transformers Armada,composed of 52 episodes.NO SPOILERS PLEASE,AT ALL.It is a great experience for me to share my thoughts on this 2003 TV series.

P.S.-I have only watched G1,Movies,Prime,and RID2015 so far.Cheers!

Thank you for your time.
    Awesomepow

Runtime:July 6 2017-August 29 2017
    44 Days,52 Episodes

Who Watches This Thread:MorePrimeLand,Moonscream,Macross7,KuroKage2001,Reask,Mirage00,Sevenlima,Wishful Thinking,Agamus,CarRobot,IamaMeatRabbit,SouthtownKid,AMG,Autobot Burnout,Galvatron1998,Niv3k,Seth Sunthay,Markdelg,JLVatron,Thunders,Marvelboy1974,Greboguru,Spartan 3764,Mglpapalouie,Macross79,Blueshift,Dropkick,EmceeDel,Blam320,Mizzino,Ironhide1234,AlexaStar,

Transformers:Armada(2003 Anime Series)15th Anniversary
    Unicron Trilogy 1/3

Characters:

Alliance:
    -Sparkplug/Matrix/Optimus Prime
    -Jolt/Hot Shot
    -Blackout/Demolisher
    -Longarm/Laserbeak/Red Alert
    -Rollbar/Scavenger
    -Incinerator/Blurr
    -Nightbeat/Sideswipe
    -Comettor/Jetfire
    -Liftor/Hoist
    -Overload
    -Cyclonus
    -Tidal Wave
    -Rhinox
    -Wheeljack
    -Peritus Maximus(Christmas Maximus)
    -Sentinel Minor
    -Endo
    -Mini Con Inferno
    -Mini Con Swindle
    -Mini Con Leader-1
    -Mini Con Dune Runner
    -Mini Con Firebot
    -Mini Con Iceberg
    -Mini Con Fetch
    -Mini Con Crumplezone
    -(Mini Con Race Team)Skyboom Shield(Dirt Boss,Downshift,Mirage)
    -(Mini Con Space Team)Requiem Blaster(Astroscope,Payload,Skyblast)
    -(Mini Con Air Defense)Star Saber(Runway,Sonar,Jetstorm)
    -(Mini Con Street Action)Perceptor(High Wire,Grindor,Sureshock)
    -(Mini Con Race Team)(Backtrack,Oval,Spiral)
    -(Mini Con Destruction Team)(Buzzsaw,Drill Bit,Dualor)
    -(Mini Con Sea Team)(Oceanglide,Stormcloud,Waterlog)
    -(Mini Con Air Military)(Terradive,Gunbarrel,Thunderwing)
    -(Mini Con Land Military)(Wreckage,Knock Out,Bonecrusher)

Other:
    -Unicron

Main Humans:
    -Rad White
    -Carlos Lopez
    -Alexis Thi Dang
    -Billy
    -Fred

Other Humans: (unimportant but still get names,not recurring,etc.)
    -Reporter Kelly Bomgartner
    -Reporter Roger
    -Shaun and his Father
    -Amphitrite
    -Engineer Sally
    -Jimmy Rogers
    -Pauly
    -Brad
    -Jhon Thompson
    -Sullivan

Episode 1:

The episode introduces us to the fact that mini cons were exiled from Cybertron and that a peace treaty was made between the factions.Cybertron being another dimension is crazy,but welcome to the multiverse.
    I feel like Carlos isn't needed in the storyline,only Rad and Alexis.But this might change as the episodes progress.
    The awakening of Megatron is AWESOME.

Note:I didn't enjoy all the human time,so I skipped around.

Episode 2:

Autobots and Decepticons are here,and wow,I couldn't even recognize them.Megatron strikes me as Hugo Weaving but I think Optimus is Peter Cullen.
    The mini cons are really awesome storylines.See:RID15 S2.5.

Great fights,and I love Starscream's cowardliness!
    I have a feeling Demolisher is my new favorite tank tf...

Episode 3:

Mini Con boosts are awesome,as are introductions.
    Hot Shot I thought was Bumblebee.
    Red Alert=Jazz.
    Demolisher=Brawl.
    Cyclonus=Breakdown w wings.
    Starscream,Optimus Prime,and Megatron I knew.

I do feel like the Autobots have a limited cast though.
    I want more tfs!

Episode 4:

Portal warps?Lol.And I thought ground bridges were far fetched.
    Autobot??? Laserbeak?Funny.Maybe he's a secret Soundwave spy...
    Amazing Mini Con Combiner!
    Why did Optimus call Sparkplug Leader 1?I thought that's Megatron's mini con!
    Starscream...I feel like he's his own faction...

Great action,great episode!

So far,I really enjoy this series.
    More episode reviews coming soon.
    Thanks for reading!

Episode 5:

Hot Shot is becoming mature.
    Mini Con Not Opening?

Episode 6:

Great jungle action!

Optimus Prime has a soft spot for nature...aww...
    Awesome Megatron Action Again!

Episode 7:

Fred and Billy discovering tfs-so much suspense!
    Lol how the young kids defended...argh who was his name-Grindor?This is so hard to remember lolz.
    Alexis isn't happy...
    Also...Mini Con illusion?Found out on TFWiki his name is Jetstorm though.

Episode 8:

Megatron loves stealing from Demolisher,doesn't he?And this will happen again?(Saw TFWiki)
    The pyramid stuff was a cool element to the episode.The Mini Con Egyptian History was nice,but
    Where was Cyclonus???

Episode 9:
    Best episode yet.Epic action and suspense.Megatron is actually a real threat.I was hanging off the edge of my seat in suspense.
    Billy and Fred now Autobot Humans too!
    My favorite characters are(bot n con)Mini Con Jolt and Demolisher.

Episode 10:

Smokescreen!!!Awesome!!!
    Too bad Cyclonus got Drill Bit though...
    Without Laserbeak,things would be much different.

Next 3 Episodes:

Billy and Fred captured...I thought they would be left behind!
    Fred's a hero?
    Amphitrite stuff was pretty cool...The Star Saber Mini Cons!!!
    Star Saber is so cool.Decepticons invade base and while Billy and Fred are on a tour!

Episode 14:

The Star Saber...Liftor...SCAVENGER!!!

Great battles and great cast.

Episode 15:

Sideways works for Unicron,doesn't he?
    Scavenger failed...

Episode 16:

Scavenger actually might have a trick up his sleeve...
    As long as Screamer has SS,and Megs still has it,the Autobots are very weak.

Episode 17:

AUTOBOT SCAVENGER!ROLLER!And he's Hot's instructor?Aww...he was so cute sleeping...but HE PACKS A punch!!!

E18,19,20,21,22:

Blurr is here!Awesome.
    I felt like the camping E19 was a waste,no plot.
    Optimus saved the minis!!!They joined our side and now we have the Skyboom Shield!
    Scavenger is such a cool dude.
    I think E18 was volcanoes...it was pretty cool.

Episode 23:

Great episode,I was really left on end.We all know Sideways is a Herald of Unicron,so why not just bring it on already?But thankfully Sideway's plan was foiled.I really thought Starscream was going to die.Cyclonus sleeping was just hilarious,and Sideways' diversion because of a knee "boo boo" was very clever.This was another episode that made me convinced that my favorite character is Demolisher.No humans is always a great plus you know.Starscream is very loyal now,stopping Blurr and all.This really developed on all of the Decepticons.

Episode 24:

Okay,so all the dimension stuff was weird.I think they could have introduced Unicron in another way,but that's my opinion.Skipped through some...but I guess it was kinda a cool element.Unicron's alt mode looks like one of the G1 Asteroids.And the lights thing must be a Bumblebee Easter egg.(Bee)Actually,why isn't he in Armada?

Episode 25:

Okay,this was awesome.Favorite episode so far!The Moon Storage Mini Cons was a great element.I thought Thrust would actually be a Herald of Unicron.Suprised.Jetfire as second in command is a fun addition.Demolisher and Cyclonus being blamed for a battle loss was pretty interesting,and this episode was very suspenseful.Also,is Dune Runner Jetfire's mini con?

Episode 26:

Really thought this episode was useless besides Jet Convoy and a lesson for Jetfire.Some parts were pretty boring...this is probably the worst episode,yet the next is the best.

Episode 27:

S-I-D-E-W-A-Y-S.This episode is so awesome,and my favorite so far.I have a feeling Unicron is coming in the next 3-4 episodes.(52 Total)Thrust is a great spy,and Sideways abilities are just unreal.AMAZING Episode.Hands Down.Can't wait for 28!

Episode 28 and 29:

The colossal powerhouse Tidal Wave has arrived to settle the score!He is just awesome...it was funny how Hot Shot called Thrust a Conehead,he really is.Optimus is in a tight situation,but Jet Convoy is still so awesome.Tidal Wave is a great addition to the Decepticons by Thrust,no doubt.Stop teasing me Sideways!Show me Unicron already!The Requiem Blaster....Megatidal is rockin it!

Episode 30:

All this did was pretty much say the Mini Cons don't really want to fight.Thrust and radio surveillance was cool...he shouldn't have left Demolisher!Glad the Mini Cons,Rad,and Alexis were safe.And Carlos is so annoying!

Episode 31 and 32:

Aww....Wheeljack...why....I would blame Sentinel Minor and Endo,Hot Shot.Aww....Sideswipe...surely a new take on him.I wish this version of him,Scavenger,and Hot Shot are in RID201x.Thrust on crutches and casts...poor him.Wheeljack and Hot Shot's story is so sad.And Endo,what the heck???Wheeljack is now officially a revenge driven Decepticon...Every Transformers Sentinel is such a betrayer.

Episode 33:

Dear Smokescreen,you were a great warrior.You were dearly relied on in battle.Without you my friend,the Autobots wouldn't be standing where they are now.We'll miss you.

Arghh...Megatron...I can see Starscream becoming more rebellious lately...Jet Convoy is like the ultimate hero.

Darned device.Ran out of storage on my device,using my old one now...device that ran out of storage had all the Armada notes;which were lost...even the character list.And my Episode 34 summary was deleted.

Episode 34:

Thank Primus,Smokescreen is back as Hoist.Starscream's rebellion really has been proved...but Tidal Wave is the one who always gets bonked...poor him...Onto the Moon battle...can't wait...but where's everyone's favorite piece of trash Sideways?

Episode 35:

Freeeeedom!Freeeeedom!(Chanting)
    Mini Cons-free at last.But Inferno,Blackout,Crumplezone,and Drill Bit are still with the cons.Starscream hates both factions,doesn't he?Tidal Wave is really a clutz...Megatron had some errors this episode...these generic mini cons are hysterical how they marched out of the spaceship room!

Episode 36:

Aww...Starscream...you are truly my favorite tf character.Mars mission...but how did Jetfire get Comettor?Regardless,Starscream rocks,Jetfire is awesome.
    But Alexis-DON'T MESS WITH STARSCREAM!
    Great episode overall.The kids did get their souvenir!

Episode 37:

Oh,Starscream.You just can't choose,poor you.Autobot he fought,Decepticon he hates.I really feel bad forhim...this is like the Starscream episode...nothing much to say....but why was that one scene all discolored?!Lol.

Episode 38:

Yikes.Earthlings,or Megatron,Starscream.This is epic.And the 9 Headed Dragon as the Hydra Cannon is so cool.Was it homaged by Dragonstorm in TLK?Who knows.Anyway,I really thought Thrust would be dust!(Endo's Rhymes)Hyped for the next episode!

Episode 39:

OOOPPPTTTIIIMMMUUUSSS!!!!!Noooo!And Carlos,you are such an annoying thing!!!!Squidhead is hysterical though...but he likes Flathead cause he hates being made fun of as a Conehead.This was really a game changer...but I know Optimus will return.But Optimus falling apart...is just creepy.

Episode 40:

Aww...poor Hot Shot.Scavenger did have great action though.This episode was really good,hope the spirit of Optimus Prime will live on with them.Hot Shot Prime!

Episode 41:

Rad's Mom's reactions are just hysterical.The conversation with Rad's Father gave good hints to them.Anyway,Fred's packing is LOL.

Episode 42:
    Demolisher better not have died...OPTIMUS PRIME IS BACK OF COURSE.Great action,light mini cons are awesome,Hot Shot and Scavenger just got saved.....just awe.Can't wait for the next episode.

Episode 43:

Nemesis...Prime.Awesome!Herald of Unicron.And the Mini Con color boosts were just really cool.But where is Cyclonus?This Unicron plot is getting good...

Episodes 44-45:

Aaaand way back in E25 I thought Thrust was a Herald of Unicron.I was right.Okay.Big review.
    Really wish Wolfwire2 and Misfire2 got names.And Misfire3 on the Autobots' side.
    Great episodes though.These mini cons are just awesome.The only thing I'm actually happy about Armada ending in 7 episodes is CARLOS.Anyway,the alliance is on to defeat Unicron!!!
    And Overload deserves more screentime.SQUIDHEAD!!!!And I'm assuming Cyclonus' old mini con Crumplezone is not going to reappear...I'll go check on the wiki.Anyway,this episode is just great.Amazing.Awesome.So cool.Great.Excellent.Now I'll await E46!!!
    Update:
    Cyclonus doesn't use his mini cons ever again,so I have them under Autobots now.

Episode 46:

Pretty weird,but great details about Rad and High Wire's past.Pretty much that's it.But a good episode overall.

Episodes 47-48:

Ok,I have to admit E46 was more of a filler Ep,just to learn a tad bit more about Unicron.Nothing much to say there.But lots to say in E47.STARSCREAM DIED!!!!!Noooo!!!!!Swindle got so sad....and Alexis....Galvatron is cruel...anyway,we got some pretty awesome action between the two leaders.Unicron destroyed Starscream!So evil.I would really like him back as another Seeker color,but TFWiki shows that ain't happening.Darn...just a really well done episode.4 LEFT!

Episode 49-50:

Yay!UNION!UNION!Okay,so targeting Unicron is taking up most of the time in E49...but E50 is just so awesome!Squidhead is dead...So Unicron influences them once they're inside.I hope Rad+friends can free them.Unicron's designs are awesome!This is so suspenseful!!!Can't wait for E51!And LOL Demolisher has Hoist's voice in E50!

Episode 51-52:

Transformers....ok,lots to talk about,so I'm going to randomly give thoughts.The Unicron of Light was cool,but did it even do anything?Optimus doesn't deserve the Matrix?Wow,Unicron was awesome though transforming and all.I actually kinda felt bad to see the destroyed Mirror...but these 2 were really awesome...and BW Rhinox even made a cameo!So um,about Energon,anything else annoying besides Kicker and Ironhide?(Without further spoilers.)Anyway,it was epic.But I wanted to see some more Scavenger action...and did that green planet that hid the still active Unicron get a name?Gigatron?

And @Dropkick ,I just am so impatient for this.But thanks for the spoiler that wasn't a spoiler!

Well,this has been a great time sharing my thoughts on Armada,and I'll be back for Energon around X-Mas!!!

Thanks,
    Awesomepow

P.S.-Also check out my fan fic of "10 Years Between Armada and Energon!Thank you!:) 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen didn't come back to Transformers until the Bay films; Armada Prime is Gary Chalk, and Megatron is David Kaye, who both started in Beast Wars as Optimus Primal and Megatron respectively.

The series gets a little bogged down with the next several 'find the Poke-con' episodes, but it pays off HUGELY in the second half, especially Starscream's entire story arc. Also, Red Alert actually takes Ratchet's place instead of Jazz's.

--Moony

• Like Like x 6
  3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Ah,thanks.Hints about Laserbeak?

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laserbeak was just a nameslap. Other then being bird shaped, nothing like other incarnations of Laserbeak.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Okay,thanks.

6. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

UT Soundwave won't show up till Cybertron. and he'll have a completely different Laserbeak.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Reask

Reask Predacon

The human characters, persist throughout this series unfortunately. I do love the first episode and how Garry Chalk just storms in as Optimus in one hell of an epic introduction. Starscream's got a great arc, but it will take a while. A long while. As for Optimus calling his mini-con by the wrong name, yeah be prepared you will see that A LOT here, just like G1 with it's countless animation errors.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Yes thanks,I was browsing TFWiki and noticed that.

Dang,Carlos is gonna be boring...at least Hot Shot is usually in his scenes.Thanks for the info.

Also,on TFWiki,

Decepticon Wheeljack???This is an outrage!
    Lol I'm jk.Funny though how Sentinel Minor was the real fault.

9. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Episode 5:8.9

Hot Shot is becoming mature.
    Mini Con Not Opening?

Episode 6:9.2

Great jungle action!

Optimus Prime has a soft spot for nature...aww...
    Awesome Megatron Action Again!

Episode 7:9.5

Fred and Billy discovering tfs-so much suspense!
    Lol how the young kids defended...argh who was his name-Grindor?This is so hard to remember lolz.
    Alexis isn't happy...
    Also...Mini Con illusion?Found out on TFWiki that his name is Jetstorm though.

New episode reviews.

10. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

I love this show. This show was my first introduction to Transformers. Carlos grows on you and Demolishor is more of his own character than brawl.

• Like Like x 7
  11. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish could have another 2D anime show like RID'01 and Armada.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Thx.

13. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

New episodes.

Episode 8:9.2

Megatron loves stealing from Demolisher,doesn't he?And this will happen again?(Saw TFWiki)
    The pyramid stuff was a cool element to the episode.The Mini Con Egyptian History was nice,but
    Where was Cyclonus???

Episode 9:10/10!!!
    Best episode yet.Epic action and suspense.Megatron is actually a real threat.I was hanging off the edge of my seat in suspense.
    Billy and Fred now Autobot Humans too!
    My favorite characters are(bot n con)Mini Con Jolt and Demolisher.

14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Your scores go up as you watch it. My interest deteriorated. It's the one Transformers series I own on DVD that I haven't been able to push through.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Hmm...

Well,anyway,my review for Episode 10 is now up.

Episode 10:9.8

Smokescreen!!!Awesome!!!
    Too bad Cyclonus got Drill Bit though...
    Without Laserbeak,things would be much different.

16. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

I watched 11,12,and 13 but I'll post it tommorow.Updated character list too.
    Signing off.

Awesomepow

17. AMG

AMG Old School

I enjoyed Armada, but Carlos is the worst human character in a TF series ever. EVER!

• Like Like x 3
  18. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Next 3 Episodes:9.5,8.6,and 10/10!

Billy and Fred captured...I thought they would be left behind!

Fred's a hero?

Amphitrite stuff was pretty cool...The Star Saber Mini Cons!!!

Star Saber is so cool.Decepticons invade base and while Billy and Fred are on a tour!

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Ironically, the voice actor does Energon Ironhide (in almost the same voice even)...which isn't nearly as bad as Kicker who he shares the majority of his scenes with.

Because holy crap Kicker is the most needy, whiny little piece of shit to ever exist.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Episode 14:9.8

The Star Saber...Liftor...SCAVENGER!!!

Great battles and great cast.

Episode 15:9.6

Sideways works for Unicron,doesn't he?
    Scavenger failed...