My Thoughts On The New iGear Elegy Figure and Potential New Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I love this guy from the pics I've seen so far. I think I'm going to have to pick him up if he is priced right. I really want a complete set of Masterpiece Seekers. I really hope I can afford them. If they sell well, I really hope that they make the rest of the Dinobots in this type of figure. Hasbro and Takara won't release them in my opinion. Third party figures would be the only way that they ever see the light of day.

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe you should have just adds this to the existing thread instead of wasting space with another thread.

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Several points here

1. You won't have a complete set of Masterpiece seekers though. You'll have three masterpiece figures and three other figures that look like seekers.

2. iGear (Fansprojects etc) aren't third party.

3. Without wanting to revisit the large debate from the other thread, I'll just say again that the fact that Hasbro/Takara may never release them isn't a a valid reason to copy their figure and change it slightly (I'm quite annoyed by the 'well if HasTak gave us what we wanted/HasTak is never going to do it' line of argument). The designs to the Masterpiece Seeker mold belong to Has/Tak to do with which as they see fit.

4. An entire thread just for three lines of your personal thoughts? Really?

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Come on guys! - the snark on this board really sucks. What the hell is wrong with you people?!.... ugh... with that said - the other thread is a mess of crappy argument, how about we don't turn this on into that, eh?

I'm looking forward to these myself. I've wanted MP style coneheads for a long time and to see that the designs are based off of one of my favorite custom sets is even more awesome.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Its not snark, it's the fact that the quantity of threads lately outweighs quality by along shot, and this thread is a microcosm of that. There was nothing interesting posted, only "I like these toys and I'm gonna buy them cause hasbro sucks".

6. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

I'm with you. He looks great, and regardless of how other people want to classify them, the 6 stood together on my Classics shelf will look truly awesome.

Where did anyone say Hasbro sucks?
    All he said was that, in his opinion Hasbro wasn't going to release them.
    Heck I think that too, but not because Hasbro sucks, but because TOMY would find it too costly and impractical to do so.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only thing that will stop me from getting these feaux MP's is price. That being said "downscaled" Prime was about 100 and so I assume these will be as well...so I will be buying them.

Nothing like a full set of seekers in any part of collection.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

8. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

If you don't like my thread... DON'T POST ANYTHING ON IT...... for crying out loup people, get over yourselves.

Personally, I love the fact that other companies are producing product that the fans want. Hasbro won't put out much product for the adult collector market. This is the only way we will get some of the things we want. I would like for these figures to be official but they aren't. Fans Project, iGear, etc are filling a niche. If you have a problem with that, don't buy the figures.