My thoughts on the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I saw the movie this afternoon with a few friends.
    And I honestly have to say it did exceed my expectations. But then again my expectations of the movie was that it was going to be a steaming pile of crap. And for some of you who've read many of my posts, you'll know how much I've spoken out against it.
    And I'm saying it here in front of everyone! I actually enjoyed Transformers. Yes, that's right, he said it. I take back a few things I said about it too. I found it both enjoyable, and a bit of a let down. It wasn't great, bu it was definitely better then the Masters of the Universe movie. Though Skelator's the better villain of the two movies. At least he's an actual character in it. LOL!
    Here's what I liked about the movie. I'm still not a huge fan of the character designs, but they looked better in motion. Seeing the Autobots duck, dodge, roll around, and etc. I was really impressed. The personalties fit the characters pretty well, but their was not enough character development. (well the Autobots, the Cons were barely even characters). And the light hearted scenes were pretty good too. I liked a lot of their voices.

What I didn't like about the movie was Frenzy...I mean Flimsy. He was just an annoying motion blur of silver, and fail. He was annoying to watch, he chattered like an insect, and he didn't have his pile drivers. So Frenzy's dead, I hope the little bug stays that way.
    I wasn't a big fan of the action scenes either. Their was soo much motion blur, all that detail that was put into the characters was lost to the fuzzyness. I understand now what people were saying that they couldn't see who was fighting who. Now don't get me wrong, I could tell who was fighting in the actions, but I couldn't tell what they were doing. Too much detail + too much motion blur = fuzzy mess. It's what Nothinghead said about the viewer needing to be able to recognize eyes, and facial expressions and such, and a lot of the was just lost. I couldn't track faces or eyes. The only way I knew who was fighting who were the few flashes of color.
    The Autobots and Decepticons weren't in the movie enough. They barely had any lines, and almost no character development. Starscream had like one line, and the rest of the Decepticons had almost no personality what-so-ever. Except for Frenzy...The little POS had the most personality of any of the Cons. His one possitive element. The movie's called Transformers, not Fleshlings.
    And I still didn't like Megatron. Megs was barely in the movie, he had like 12 lines, and when he died it was so anticlimactic. "Oh he's dead already....that was quick..." Again, Megatron was a genaric anime monster. That makes me sad. During the opening credits they should have added; "Tonights special quest is Megatron. Transformers was filmed in front of a live studio audience" Because that's all he was.
    Oh yea I almost forgot. They killed Jazz! Yea that's great; kill the smallest and the weakest character in the movie, that's a great message for the kiddies. "If you're small and weak, you're gonna get killed." LOL. Oh well. So Jazz got ripped in two and it was totally meaningless, and Optimus didn't even care! Haha! He was like "Oh no Jazz is dead but we made some new friends! So it's all good!"
    But, I'm ranting I'll stop. I had to get my 'angry nerd out' for a moment.
    All in all...in spite of the cons, I did enjoy Transformers. Was it a thought provoking film? Of course not. Was it a well directed film? Well that's up for debate. But it was enjoyable.
    I'll see it again. And I do recommend it. It's a good 'B' movie.
    That's all, I just wanted to share!