My theory on Hasbro releasing Breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WheelWave140, Aug 17, 2012.

1. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Well, remember how Archer said that the AM War Breakdown mold was usable, but not cost effective? What about the Silas version of the Mold? Since Mech will continue to show up, with Silas in Breakdown's body, that toy will (probably) represent a key, living character, we don't know if the Silas mold will have as many ports, or may just be the version we will eventually get.My best guess is his shoulder cannon will be his solid accessory, and his hammer will be the powerizer weapon(Hopefully it locks, since DW's appears to)

Anyway, if they do release BD in that mold, I hope that it comes out around early 2013.

So, what do you guys think?

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    When did they say it was usable? It was always "it doesn't meet our standards", with certain fans here chiming in "yeah, no way this thing could survive the typical safety tests." Sounds like the toy flat out cannot be legally sold, at least not without basically starting over from scratch, not that it has too many ports or whatever.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I don't have a link for sourcing so I'm not sure where exactly this came from (let alone how accurate)...but I thought not releasing Breakdown had to do with budget reasons on Hasbro's end?

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Yeah, this thing would break pretty easily in the hands of a kid.

Also, Dreadwing's cannon doesn't lock out.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    The durability of the toy seems to be a key issue.

Perhaps the explanation is that Takara used a cheaper plastic to offset a costing model that would otherwise make it too expensive to produce, and Hasbro don't wish to go that direction.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but if hasbro has no developmental costs then using another plastic would not break the bank.

I believe that Hasbro does not want to release breakdown because he does not meet the current play pattern for voyagers (large light up weapons)

Designing and including a new light up weapon probably puts the toy cost over the msrp so they just aren't putting it out.

7. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or everyone is freaking out over nothing and it will end up being released next year as some store exclusive ala the FE figures.

8. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Yeah, that actually seems more likely than my overly complicated plan.:redface2: 

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Japanese children have dainty little hands that can handle fragile plastic toys so they don't explode in a firey explosion of plastic shards that will rip them to shreds.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What in the world are you guys talking about? I must be out of the loop but why would Takara Tomy and Hasbro JOINT product a toy that wouldn't pass US safety laws lmao. Sounds like BS if you ask me.:2c: 

11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Breakdown is not a joint produced toy though hence only the tomy copyright on breakdown and not Hasbro just like jeticon.

As mentioned before there is no clear plastic on his to enhance a light up gimmic and would need a new light up weapon for stateside and would cost money. I don't really see the ports as an issue as it was not a hasbro original with them slapped on. Breakdowns ports are not obtrusive like some others.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His hands are clear plastic. They're just painted over. They're the same mold as the windows, which are clear.

13. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Correct me if i'm wrong........but i was under the impression that Arms Micron Arcee for example also only has a Tomy Stamp?

(this is not an attempt at 'Hasbro U.S. will save us '...i bought Breakdown long since)

14. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Just because we don't have breakdown yet doesn't mean we'll never get him. Will he be made from the current mold? Most likely not! Will the new molds design be superior to the AM design? Probably not.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Does anything Hasbro is doing with this line make sense?

So far we are not getting Breakdown, Jet Vehicon and Unicron. When was the last time we did not get so many figures on this side of the ocean?

Although with Breakdown, I think they are holding off for the Silas release. Still stupid because of the whole Knockout and Breakdown pair up. They look very good together.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Not sure about this, but didn't that happen to BW Neo and BW2?

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were totally produced by Takara.

However, Takara and Hasbro first started working on lines as a team with Armada. There have been a few figures here and there that were done independently by either side of the pond. The US had exclusively: Energon Slugslinger, Alpha Q, Tow-Line, Grimlock & Swoop, Cybertron Deluxe Unicron, Wreckloose, Shortround, and Downshift. Also the deluxe Cybertron/BW Primal and Megatron.

Breakdown/Swerve seems to be the first MAIN LINE figure that Takara/Tomy has made on their own. They have done tons of side lines though like Robot Masters, Alternity, and MP Megatron.

Slowly the Japanese market have been getting some of our previously exclusive molds (like the Cybertron Megatron, Prime, and Unicron), but we've also had many of theirs like Big Convoy (Nemesis Prime), and several Japanese BW molds were used for the Dinobots line back in the day.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like most of the Hasbro decisions are due to what the big retailers want so maybe it has something to do with that? Perhaps Wal-Mart or Target rejected the idea because larger figures don't move as fast.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I see a trend where the large retailers are controlling what is released. I also see a trend that by the retailers doing this, they are destorying the TF line.

They overload on wave ones and then skimp on the rest or skip waves completely. I'm surprised Hasbro doesn't have more say.

You really think a store like TRU could survive if Hasbro removes ALL their brands from the store? I don't even think Walmart could take that hit (in there toy section only). It is a gamble on Hasbro's part to do this but if they don't, these retailers are slowly going to destory the TF toy line.

20. Dirge82

Dirge82 Well-Known Member

Distribution for the RID Prime line is terrible. The Cyberverse line has better distribution. I'm still hoping Hasbro makes a Breakdown mold for the RID line. But the way things have been going with the Prime line, I doubt that's gonna happen.

At least my local Walmart doesn't have shelves clogged with Bumblebee figures. That store is the only one which stocked on other waves....though I still haven't seen a Vehicon there.