My theory on Devs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PropagandaWar, Jun 24, 2009.

1. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I thought about the whole Constructioncons/Devastator deal the more I think Hasbro had something to do with it. Remember the first time we saw the $100.00 crap toy they call Devestator and we said wtf no alt modes last year. Well I'm thinking Hasbro went crap this won't sell well let's ask Bay to make the Constructicon non combiners and then have devestator be a Mega-Zord type so that we can sell the crap hole.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Do you know what that is? It's a good story.

I mean, it's also a pile of crap. But it was a good story none the less.

3. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    You know what, this theory actually seems plausible

4. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh story was great I won't argue there just went a second time and it was awsome, it was just a theory on why they did Devs that way.

5. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or perhaps it is easiar for the construcicons who formed Devastator to do so from vehicle mode, and since that is how they arrived at the battlefield, there wasn't any point in them transfoming to thier individual robot modes.

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Its always possible that the Constructicons are many individual units with similar alt-modes. Remember back to the old G1 comic when Jazz told Spike his Cybertronian name is unpronounceable in human tongue (I assume it'd be a modem squelch)? Perhaps the names of the Constructicons are designated code-names for that type of tvehicle mode. Instead of calling each one their proper name they get stuck with a generic call-sign. A good example:

Rampage is the yellow bulldozer that forms Devastator's leg. Rampage was also the red bulldozer that Sam & Bumblebee dealt with.

Also I'm pretty sure the Longhaul unit that merged into Devastator had a different vehicular ID on the front that the one walking around in the battle scenes. If I'm not mistaken the one that merged was also a darker green. We already know it had to be a different Scavenger* unit because Prime offed the first one. Also let's not forget that Scrapper was pwnd to resurrenct Megatron thanks to Scalpel's orders. Yet we saw another Scrapper a few times.

~Z

PS: Anyone who bought the game for XBox 360 will notice yellow Longhauls running around. The game further pushes the "clone" aspect.
    PPS: *Demolishor, even. I saw the Japanese toy which has "SCAVNGR" on the body and I got stuck on stupid during the early AM writing of this post.

7. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

prime offed demolishor, not scavenger

8. exillion21

exillion21 Well-Known Member

It might not have been scrapper, the one who got killed was probably the mystery guy....check this thread
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-continuity-error-guy-who-get-sacrificed.html

9. exillion21

exillion21 Well-Known Member

Another thing i don't get is if devs bits do not have robot forms, why emphasize mixmasters hood ornament again from earlier in the film. I'm thinking that it's cleary suggesting the same guy or a clone of the same guy. Seemed that way to me anyways.