My TF3 Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Gojira Prime, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Let's get people enticed with a teaser poster description.

No title on this poster. Only a photo of a brick wall with red graphitti. The writing is scraggly and rough. The text reads

It's judgment day and now we've made our stand
    And now the powers of darkness
    Have been driven from the land
    The Battle's over but the war has just begun
    And this way it shall remain
    Til the day when all are one

In the bottom corner we see a robotic hand making a claw-like grasp against the wall, with scratches trailing above the fingers.

Realase date at bottom center.

Interested? Keep reading.

The title full title is "Transformers: Unicron Rising." The film would open with an action scene in which the Autobots are facing off against Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Soundwave, and newcomers Bludgeon and Mindwipe. The crucial plot point here is that we introduce Mindwipe, who is to be portrayed as completly insane. In this sequence however, he is mostly in shadow, taunting the Autobots in a creepy voice while indulging in an occasional errie chuckle. His big moment comes when he grabs Skids, slashes Skids' throat, and then drags his body into a nearby building. Mudflap begins scaling the structure, but a huge swarm of Mindwipe's bat minions flys out of the windows. Holding Mudflap in the air as the rip him apart peice by peice. That's the end of the Twins. This is followed by the Autobots regrouping at the NEST base. Here, we get some character set up for Sideswipe, Ironhide, Chromia, Arcee, and newcomer Hot Rod. Here we set up a pseudo-romance between both Ironhide and Chromia and Hot Rod and Arcee. We also introduce a new human character who we'll call Buster. Buster is determined to make the Transformers a world-wide phenomena. He begins using his ties to the entertainment industry to attempt to produce a toy line, comic series, and animated series based on these "magnificent machines." Our hint of this arrives when he calls Sideswipe over to his computer, saying he's got a test reel for the cartoon. We see only thier faces as they react, hearing the classic G1 cartoon theme play. (Let's see Michael Bay do THAT kind of homage) This becomes a comic-releif subplot, as Sideswipe in particular becomes very interested in being involved with Buster's endeavors, going so far as to provide voice-over work for animation test reels. But that all comes later. Now, we join Prime with an inner monolouge about The current situation, as he notices a strange temporal shift in the planetary readings.

From here, we join the Decepticons. Megatron is very upset about his "Fallen" plan failing. His troops are fighting in and umongst themselves, here we get some character moments for Barricade, who we learn is busying himself trying to observe and analyze Earth popular culture. Soundwave walks in and asks about what he is "observing." What he is "observing" is an erpisode of "Batman: The Animated Series." Soundave watches for a moment, and we see it is the episdoe "Heart of Ice." We hear Mr. Freeze's opening narration, but see Soundwave's reaction. His blank expression changes, ever so subtely, to suggest this monolouge has had a personal impact on him. He snaps out of it when Barricade asks him if he has duties to attend to, which he does. We also get this sort of rivalry between Starscream and Bludgeon. Since they both seek to undermine Megatron, they argue about who would do it first and more effectivley. Mindwipe is in his lab, only poking his head out breifly to ask Screamer and Bludgeon to go some where else so as not to distrub him. Rejoin Megatron. He is pondering using Unicron, but only pondering. Before he can reach this crucial descion, he notices the same tempoarl rift Prime did the previous sequence. Upon analyzing it, he discovers it is a portal to the alternate dimension which contains Unicron. The portal is in its early stages, so nothing is coming through. Yet. Megatron isn't bothering to stop it, he doesn't care too much about that. What he does care about his the fact that it turns out, not one, but three of his troops took this crucial descision into thier own hands without consulting him. So, while Megatron attempts to find out the identitly of this "Holy Trinity" to bring them to justice (or what the Decepticons consider justice), Prime and his Autobots seek the Trinity to stop the coming of Unicron. The result is a gripping action-mystery. Interspersed with little character growths, robot romance, a sub plot with a money-grubbing college student, and the introduction of Mindwipe, which would prove to be the most epic mindf*ck of 2012.

What do you make of this breif outline? Good points, bad points, vauge points? Suggesions? Questions? Any feedback you have!

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

What you did to the twins was horrible! But everything else is good except... I don't know how well a simple brick wall and robot claw would work for a teaser poster. I bit odd for Transformers.

3. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Listen to the 86 movie theme. You'll understand the poster much better.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bad points: Mindwipe sounds like generic OH ME SO CRAZY AND DARK lame villain, robot romance, decepticons watching cartoons is incredibly stupid, Bludgeon being introduced as traitor when Starscream didn't even get to shine is uncessesary, completely ignoring of Sam and others, the Buster sub-plot sounds like the distracting, bad comic-relief, Megatron using the fallen for his own goals and the twins death also just scream of GRR I HATED WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SECOND MOVIE I FIX IT NOW!!1... and it goes and goes on.

Good points? Uh... you remembered Barricade?

5. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Who says I forgot Sam, Mikalea, and the soldiers? These are just loose ideas, I'm not sure how they fit into the overall story yet.

I never got why people are so up-in-arms about robot romance. What about everyone's beloved Beast Wars? You accepted it in that.

How do we know Megatron sucking up to the Fallen wasn't just a charade? I think audiences could buy it.

You're right about having Barricade just watching the Batman episode, I'll try to think of a better way to set up that little detail.

Starscream would have time to shine, who says there's not room for two traitors?

You could be right about the Buster subplot. Maybe it could just be a one-time joke.

I would like to keep the twins and change them, making them the characters I think they should have been, but no one would buy the change. And people would wonder what happened if they just dissapeared. Besides, I need fodder to show the Decepticons as actually dangerous.

Mindwipe, ah, my mentally disturbed Transformers brainchild. I'm telling you, his full introduction will be a mindf*ck of epic proportions. I'll post it once I finish.

6. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    No I didn't and how about the whole, y'know, serving the fallen for billions and billions of years? Even when already knowing all the fallen actualy knew to get their plan done? Killing the only guy that could've defeated the fallen?

7. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Maybe a little more slowly.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Even during BW I didn't like robo-romance, and there's just no way Megatron would've done all that for his leader if he wasn't loyal unless he's retarded, he wasn't just sucking up, he was serving, he showed admiration even for him and was genuily upset with his death,

9. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    why are you introducing another annoying bratty human to the story?

10. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I said I might drop that.

Well, I already posted my feelings on romance in the thread "Hate Mail Time," and if you don't like it, fine, just read that post, and let me know what you think. I'll answer any questions on that as well.

Ok, I see your point on Megatron. This is why I post these things online. "Oh, there's this gaping hole in your plot!" "Thanks, I'll go fix that!" Now I just need time to think.

11. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Love the teaser poster idea. But what do you have against Skids? He never hurt anyone. Why do you have to kill him off and leave his brother all alone? And that Buster dude seems like a pretty shady guy to me.

Your score: 8 out of 10

12. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Didn't you keep reading, Mudflap joins his brother shortly after that.

For now, let's say Buster is just in one scene. The scene I described, where he shows Sideswipe the theme song.

I also want to say, I emphasize the PSEUDO in "pseudo-romance." It's implied, not overt. In the fact that the characters involved are closer than your average "yo, buddy, what's up?"

In all seriousness about the twins, I just got an idea. Since I'm not all that happy with how they are as characters, perhaps I could make it so they are just badly damaged and need to have thier processors re-built. This results in a change in thier personalities, from (as I call them) "wigger-bots" to stooges. Still bickering, still stupid, but instead of "It's an ass-kickin', it's supposed to hurt!" it's more like "what a maroon!" I would also slick up thier faces, so they don't look like they were in an accident.

13. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

Killing the twins = awesome and much needed.

Personally I think Unicron should be left out of the movies, theres nothing that could be done to give him proper credit. Ultimately, the Decepticons want Energon, and Unicron eating up Earth properly won't acheive this. Megatron is more likely to try and blow up the planet up by destroying it's core or something, and harness the energies off of that, if not draining the core itself for power.

The idea of the entertainment industry/media types trying to cash in on the Autobots certainly works, but I don't know that things would get so far as a cartoon demo reel. I can see them trying to pitch one to the Autobots, who thus far, are intrigued by the thought, but unable to agree on a pleasing concept.

As far as building character for the transformer characters, you're only going to be able to do with it effectively with a LOT less human characters, and a small number of selected robots from all those set to appear.