My Tf series Autobot pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Soundwavedredd2, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

Tell me what u think Plus i designed me myself
    bee.jpg

cliff.jpg

HIDE.jpg

jackie.jpg

JAZZ.jpg

miragedino.jpg

optimusPRIME.jpg

perceptor.jpg

RAT.jpg

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why does Prime Bumblebee turn into a Mini Cooper?

Why does his pose look identical to the Hasbro stock photo for the First Edition toy?

Why is Cliffjumper spelled with a hyphen?

Why is Ironhide a dwarf?

Why is Ironhide's name parsed as two words?

Why does Wheeljack's name suffer from CamelCase?

Why does Reveal the Shield Perceptor turn into a fire truck?

Why does RID Optimus Prime turn into G1 Optimus Prime's alt mode?

Why does Ratchet sport a red cross AND the trademark-friendly "electrocardiogram" symbol?

Seriously, this whole thing reminds me of this fiasco, only replacing copy-pasted official artwork and fan art with crudely traced stock photos and animation models.

3. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

look its my designs i can do whatever i want

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Be honest now - you didn't really design them yourself.

Tracing stuff is fine. It's a good way to learn to draw. But don't try to pass the whole thing off as your own creations.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He said "I designed me myself". I wonder how that is supposed to work. Custom-created body?

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

The HELL you did. I shall demonstrate just how you've ripped off each design from existing Transformers:
    Robot mode: Anybody who has seen TF Prime knows this is a blatant rip off of that series BB. You barely even TRIED covering that fact up.

This is just an extremely poorly traced over version of Prime Cliffjumper, both forms.

Red colored Prime Ironhide. You even had to shrink the image you directly traced over in order to get the figure into the picture.

Alt. Mode: Can't exactly tell, but it looks a lot like the shape of Movie Soundwave's DOTM alt. mode.
    Robot mode: Almost got me with this one, too bad for you I'm extremely familiar with the lower leg structure of Animated Shockwave below his mid-hips, and his upper legs are very easy to identify for me. Not sure how you made the upper body, the closest I can get is that it's taken from a cybertronian mode Ani. Bumblebee, but it's certainly not original if the rest of this stuff is evidence enough.
    EDIT: Nope, I was wrong about the robot mode entirely, you didn't even put forth the effort to make a Frankenstein combination here, you stole the picture like everything else you've "designed" here.

Anybody with eyes can see this is a poorly retraced Animated Jazz toy. The vehicle mode looks suspiciously like his FOC alt. mode, too.

This is a direct trace of Movie Mirage/Dino, you didn't even try to hide it this time.

This shows you have absolutely no idea how you would even animate these designs and have never seen RID Prime in person. That Optimus Prime robot form does NOT even transform completely into a fire truck, that's what his super mode kibble is for. What's even more laughable is that you have him turning into the G1 Prime cab.

The alt. mode is clearly some kind of firetruck (I'm guessing G1 inferno), robot mode is obviously drawn from some version of Perceptor (probably RtS with some freehand modifications to the drawing), and more evidence you don't even understand the character (since when has Perceptor ever been the "Emergency Response" guy? He's a scientist!).

[/quote] View attachment 27301004 [/quote]
    Alt. mode is obviously based on G1 Ratchet, with Animated Ratchet's "heart rate wave" on the door. Robot mode is a garishly, poorly recolored Prime Ratchet with a more g1-ish head.

In short: you have not designed squat, OP. All you've done is just take things from various transformers from previous series and thrown them all together in various combinations, trying to pass them off as your own. That is not being original, that's simply stealing the ideas put into the series already and trying to pass them off as your own like a gaudy colored Knock Off combiner made from various Cybertron Legends class figures that were never meant to be put together in the first place. Not to mention all your other threads all involved a common trait of others giving YOU ideas for what they want, as opposed to you who rarely presented your own ideas, if you even had any.

When you originally made the thread for your fan series, you said your ideas would "change transformers forever". Clearly, all that meant was you were going to throw existing TF designs from across the franchise history into a crappy blender.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    erm...

"reads comment"

erm....

um...... "leaves"

To Draw and to design are two different beast. you drew these, but did not design them...

8. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    As said, you solely did not design these. These are obviously modified from other concept art and promotional toy pictures. If you want these to be your designs for your own TF fiction that's great, but don't say they're your designs. You modified them. Give credit to where the originals came from.

9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
  10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing original

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
  12. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ..Tbh.. I agree with this

13. Thebricklord

Thebricklord The Brick

Looks a little primish.

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Good or bad isn't the issue for me, it's that this guy ripped off another fan's artwork and is trying to pass it off as all his own creation.
    The other things he's traced and posted and claimed are all his own designs is just laughable since those images are so instantly recognisable to anyone that's been around the online fandom for any measure of time. To think no-one would notice is kinda insulting.

If he had just admitted right off the bat he'd taken stuff from here and there and changed it a bit and given credit to his artwork sources, specifically the fan art piece, I'd not be so miffed.

15. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Does that mean he should be posting in the Radicons thread?

16. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

i can tell you from a fellow artists standpoint you offend me highly by stealing the hard work, creativity, and uniqueness of all the artists who put there time in to making these memorable characters we know and love. Shame on YOU!!!!

17. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher jerk to storytelling

News Credits:
    Um...

Try REdesigning these guys.

WITH ACTUAL IDEAS ABOUT HOW THESE CHARACTERS WOULD LOOK NOT LIFTED OFF PREVIOUSLY CREATED IDEAS.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The best thing to do when you "borrow" artwork elsewhere is to credit your sources. That covers a lot of ground beforehand. I can look past a few things to see some of the creativity employed here, and I can certainly see these as steps in a journey of honing one's skills.

The sourcing lesson aside for just a moment, as another lesson can be learned from this - learning what inspires one. I'd recommend simply asking yourself "what is it about these particular designs that inspire me?" I think it's important for artists to know what inspire them, and why one likes things. The answers to those inquiries can often lead to other results that can continue to sharpen your tools. I hope that you continue creating TF fan artwork! Hopefully, you can take this as a learning experience and gain some positives from it :) 

19. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    ^ What he said. Try this as an exercise: forget tracing for the moment. Go ahead and try to draw a Transformer of your own from scratch using the elements from those pieces of artwork you have that inspired you to use them. See how it turns out. It might be terrible. It might be okay. There's no right or wrong when doing this. It's just a step on the path. At the very least it'll be a start to developing your own artistic and designing skills rather than feeling the need to rip off other peoples' work and claim it as your own.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm liking this post. There's some good advice there :thumb