Minor/Repaint: My take: SMOG's Classic Wheeljack mod - WIP... sorta

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Optimist_Prime, May 19, 2008.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This bash was made possible by the ever helpful SMOG, Laser_Optimus, and viewers like you :confused2  .

In all seriousness I would like give SMOG quadurpal thanks for not only the idea to do this bash, but the how to in the original thread which can be seen here. Further more for the very detaild walkthroughs... twice. Without his help I would'nt have been able to finish this. Also thanks to Laser_Optimus for hooking me up with this Downshift in the first place.

As you'll read, in order to make this a near perfect transformation you need to put a swivel joint connecting his upper and lower body. I looked in the parts pile, and saw a chop shop bendy prime. I nabbed his waist and just need to knock out a pin, do some dremel work, and epoxy in place.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nicely done.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Door Mod=:drool:  Hotness!!

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just recently got all of my collection into one place, and this guy was the first one I took a stab at. so far all I've done is paint the legs and arms black and the waist grey and the tail pipes silver. I will say that I'm a big fan of putting the doors up high like that, but I'm kinda iffy on the leg switch.

and big up to the people mentioned in the op, because I went digging for those pics for help!

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Lookin' good man! It never occurred to me to face the doors up like that on the shoulders, but it looks surprisingly sharp!

Also, once you get that swivel joint in place, you'll have beaten me to the punch! Mine is still on the to-do pile! :) 

zmog

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was obviously trying to get the Wheeljack "wing" thing happenin'. Unfortunately with the doors/wings like this he is a parts-former of sorts. I don't mind it, but I realize some only like perfect transformations.

You know I actually don't mind the green as much as I thought I would when I got him. I've been thinking about weathering the green with some black and silver drybrushing. Now don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't pass up an oppertunity to nab a Superlink Wheeljack and probably do this again :ev:  .

Thanks, I just wasn't feeling the red translucent plastic. It especially has that "sore thumb" effect on the Hasbro version, unless one wanted a christmas 'jack :throw . I'm pretty sure once I get the swivel joint in the alt. mode will be more solid. Oh yeah, I'll will be getting rid of the green rims. They will most likely become silver with some detailing(if I feel like dotting the t's crossing the i's).

Thanks for all the great comments guys, and I'll update when he swivel is set :)  .

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Cool. I did the same thing the minute I saw SMOG's a few weeks back. Gotta say I tried the door/wings thing and it wasn't for me.

8. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Great custom ! Wheeljack comes to life ! :)  Hmm I hope I could get back to work soon so that I can grab that Loose downshift at a shop where I saw him yesterday .

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Very nicely done... :D 

10. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    This is very sweet too. I love how different folks solve the roof/door issue in their own way. I don't want to double post so check out SMOG's thread on a similar bash for my post on custom decals for this fella. if you want 'em that is.