my take on transformers universe

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 14, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people when it comes to the very idea of transformers universe as a sub toyline i figure it could have been a good bit better if hasbro had instead taken the best figures from the post g1 toylines over the years and gone that extra step further in remolding them into being modern day figures of the classic g1 characters.

me im pretty much a collector at heart when it comes to the figures but not in the sense that i am a completionist at heart.

i go for one of each figure from each toyline one line to the next and one toyline to the next but throughout each years time i weed through my collection to decide which figures best represent each year of each toyline with the figures that i dont keep being passed onto the kids in the family.

for each figure i keep over the years to the best of my abilities i kitbash rebuild remold and otherwise repaint each figure until eventually over a years time the figure has been made into being a modern day figure of a classic character.

now this is just my take on g1 megatron, soundwave, shockwave, and starscream

megatron for example was made using cybertron defense force red alert for the body with the missile being swapped out all together for that six missle gattling gun that g2 dreadwing came with.

with superion maximus's head being used for megatrons head.

it took a good bit of dremil work to make enough room in the figure's back for the head but maximus's head minus the fins actually pulls off the look especially with the lower arm mounted fusion cannon.

while a similer mod job was done to salvage that mounting piece from the missile with it being epoxy glued to the folding piece piece the dreadwing gattling gun missile launcher is mounted on.

all and all im rather pleased with how it turned out.

as for soundwave he was made using energon ironhides body with alternator tracks head with the radar/satalite dish and mount being taken from energon signal flare and the missile cannons being salvaged from energon rhodimus and arcee. i also gave him a set of alternator fists. 1 of which is from alternators silverstreak with the other being from alternators grimlock. i wanted the right fist to be a size bigger so that it serves as a power gauntlet for soundwave.

as for shockwave i used energon shockblast for the body and head with the left gun arm being swapped out for energon landmines upper left arm, elbow and lower left arm and fist.

the right arm i left alone other then swapping the right arm mounted shiled over to the lower left arm.

with the left arm set up like that the the battle shield makes it possible to mount energon snowcats missile cannons on the rods with the missile cannons also rotating out ofthe way so the the left arm cans still retract out of the lower left arm.

as for starscream i just used galaxy force starscream for him as i believe the figure puts starscream on a near equal level of power with soundwave and shockwave.

that people is how i believe universe should have been handled.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I would love to see what you did, man!

3. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

For Soundwave, do you mean like this but with a Tracks head?

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i dont got a scnner right now cause its in the shop but this should give you the basic idea

http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/CybDefRedAlert/redalert.htm

red alert fort he body.

http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/SuperionMaximus/superionmaximus.htm
    superion maximus for the head minus the raise center piece and the fins

and g2 dreadwing for the missile gatling gun and mounting rack
    http://www.tfu.info/issue02/AtbMegs/ATB_Megatron_Back.jpg

now picture that done up in g1 megatrons colorscheme.

at the very least the vehicle mode along vies him plenty of horsepower to go head to head with prime in a high stakes game of chicken.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i used that as a guide for my classics soundwave man