Minor/Repaint: My take on SonofNemesis' FOC Hound Design

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mr. Chaos, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Transformers
    Fall of Cybertron
    HOUND

Other AUTOBOTS laugh at HOUND. He'd rather spend
    his cycles traveling through the lost tunnel deep within
    CYBERTRON than cruise the streets. But with the war
    ending, HOUND is the only one that can get the survivors
    to the last transports...and no one is laughing at him now.

Strength: 4
    Intelligence: 6
    Speed: 4
    Endurance: 10
    Courage: 9
    Fireblast: 6
    Skill: 8

Alt Mode: Cybertronian Underground Buggy

[​IMG]

(Yes, the first couple of pictures are a touch blurry...I don't own the greatest camera)

This is my take on SonofNemesis' brilliant repaint of Human Alliance Sandstorm into FOC Hound. I will never claim to be as good as SonofNemesis but as a lover of the WFC/FOC line, I knew once I saw the figure that I needed to add him to my collection.

[​IMG]

I went with red paint for the 'glow' effect, wanting to keep Hound matching the rest of the Autobots. I am currently not switching anything on the figure but I do plan to try and find a good clip-on missile launcher so Hound gets his shoulder cannon. This guy was painted very quickly and came out cleaner than I expected.

[​IMG]

The backstory for Hound is that he, much like Cliffjumper, is an explorer. Hound was, of all things, a geologist, who became fascinated with Cybertron's lost history. Hound sends long periods of time traveling through the tunnels that run throughout Cybertron and everything about him is designed for travel beneath the surface.

[​IMG]

His 'headlights' produce a low-intensity light that allows him to see where he is going without disturbing the slugs that swell in the tunnels (and allow him to sneak up on Decepticons without them seeing him). He removed his hover function and replaced it with magno-grav wheels that allow him to climb up sheer rock and steel walls (allowing him to find the perfect spot to ambush Decepticons). The 'rollbars' along the top of his vehicle house a powerful energy barrier that protects any relics or precious stones he finds (in the war, he uses them to protect his spark, allowing him to take anything short of Megatron's cannon fire to his chest and not get a scratch). His energy cut rifle, while not powerful, can cut through stone and metal with pin-point accuracy (making him Optimus' best sniper)

[​IMG]

In the FOC universe, Hound was asked by Optimus to go on a final mission to save a group of Autobots who had been trapped on the other side of the planet, pinned down by Decepticon fire. Hound led the survivors into the heart of the planet, knowing they only had a short amount of time to get to the final transports, lest they be trapped on Cybertron forever.

After fighting their way through the planet, Hound managed to just make it before the transports left and helped the survivors on. It was only when the ship was leaving the planet that he learned that the survivors were the last remnants of the Cybertron High Council, and he found himself speechless when Alpha Trion himself thanks the small Autobot for saving them

In the game, his ability would be 'Blast Back', where he sends all his energy to his shields and sends any energy shots right back at their owners.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
  2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Really great idea, however, I'd say you are crossing up one of Trailbreaker's powers with the shield thing. Except for that, I'd say you really captured his personality pre earth pretty well. Only real nitpick at the actual model would be to find a bit of a different head, or maybe file the points down a bit flatter for his signature boxhead.

3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    I am thinking of doing that, just haven't decided how to yet.

EDIT: Yeah, the shield thing was because I wanted to explain the pipes.

4. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Is that green mint flavored? Cool idea. Nice execution. I agree with the box head comment. He certainly needs it.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Its a mix of Mint and Camo that I have that works rather well for a dull, flat green. I didn't want to give him eyepopping candy green or give him a dark forest, as SonofNemesis already gave him that color.

And I think tomorrow I will attempt to use sculpt and paint to give him his boxy head. If it works I will post updates.