My Take on ROTF (SPOILER ALERT)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Elvenmunky, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Elvenmunky

Elvenmunky New Member

As i knew from the start, making a movie as good as or better than the perfection that is Transformers 1 will be a very hard job and unfortunately (IMO!!) i was right with ROTF. Here are my gripes on ROTF that i think made it fall short of it being as good as the first movie.

1. TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING - In the first one, there was almost a perfect amount of CGI, action scenes. comedy, story etc. However in ROTF they milked it a bit which i reckon is a major flaw. If they had used the same amount as they used in the first movie I reckon ROTF could have been better. Even though they were good, the overuse of action scenes made it somewhat not as spectacular as the first i.e there was no build up and difficulty to pick memorable moments. The comedy was also too much for me, even though some scenes were laugh out loud funny, most of the jokes were absolute rubbish and cringe worthy.

2. THE LAST FIGHT - The last fight lasted for about a minute (well it seemed that way). They failed to show the sheer power of The Fallen and should have given upgraded Prime a bit of a challenge at the end.

3. THE MOVIE DRAGGED - The first movie had a nice flow to it however i think ROTF dragged a little...again, too much story :( 

4. THE MUSIC - What ever happened to the music from the first one? For e.g in the first one they made clever use of the scorponoks theme (youtube it), which was imo without a doubt one of the best movie themes ive heard in ages ESPECIALLY when they 'bring the rain'. They used it like once in ROTF :(  IMO they should have used it more in ROTF...like when they use the rail gun or when optimus prime upgrades and kills the fallen or other cool scenes in that movie. The Linkin Park score was OK not anything special...it just sounded like another version of 'what ive done'.

Ok there are my gripes about ROTF, dont get me wrong there are a lot of things i liked about this movie but i think these are the reasons why it falls short of being as good as the first. Please give your opinions or suggestions and thanx for reading :) 

2. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

i agree most of them. But i think usage of the music is quite good.

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    There's a topic for this kind of stuff already.

But I somewhat agree with one, you nailed two, and yup on three.